Thread: antics at work

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor Darkapollo's Avatar

antics at work

I work in a huge warehouse, 40 acres under roof, and there is a few long open stretches.
    We have little electric tuggers to move material. These tuggers are about the size of a powerwheels, and can pull 12k lbs.
    Anyway i jump on mine to pick up material when i spot one of my buddies on his heading the same way.
    so we do the natural thing and line up. both are pulling a single trailer. but i have an edge, i just got a new battery. On 3 we go. I jump ahead but not by much. my foot is planted on the rabbit switch. i slowly pull ahead. by the 1/8th (estimated, probably more) ive got him edged out by the trailer. as we come to the turn, i have to give ground, im on the outside.
    maybe next time....

Hybrid booster

Re: antics at work

When I worked at the Frazee paint wearhouse we would do the same thing with pallet jacks, riding them like razor scooters.

Ahhhhh the good life!

Hybrid booster

Riding pallet jacks is fun, until your co-worker breaks his ankle. He ruined it for all of us.

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by jamesmonty View Post
    Riding pallet jacks is fun, until your co-worker breaks his ankle. He ruined it for all of us.
    That's nothing, our plant has banned razors or even pocket knives due to a co worker.

Oops
    Back to positive.
    Rode on some electric go carts 2 weekends ago so I imagine the little electric trailer hauler things are tons of fun too!

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor Darkapollo's Avatar

LOL yeah they are. they dont tip over like a fork lift will, butt loads of torque (for a power wheels to pull 12k its gotta have it!) not as fast as a golf cart, but they get up-n-go!

A few months ago we had all of the stand up lifts removed from service because some kid took his leg off. Pinned it between the lift and a steel support. They had to cut his leg off just below the knee. He was using the wrong foot on the dead-man switch and his other leg was out the back of the truck. He was backing up too fast, couldnt stop, and smashed into the beam.

We all had to be retrained on how to drive them.

boostaholic

I LOL'ed at this one. Funny stuff. Reminds me of when I worked at West Marine (boating store) and would screw around with the pallet jack.

Garrett booster

Yeah, pallet jacks. I used to finish and stripe gym floors and we would ride them all over. After hours it was fun doing 'pallet jack rodeos' through the halls and stuff.

boostaholic Turbo Mopar Contributor

Nick G. 1984 Dodge Rampage

I used to play on pallet jacks at my first job when I was in high school. (I worked at Toys R Us. Shut up. It was the most fun job, ever.) Our pallet jacks had a handle that turned the front wheels, so you could actually STEER them after you got them going.

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by rosie View Post
    That's nothing, our plant has banned razors or even pocket knives due to a co worker.
    lol ditto.

most fun I have at work is riding around 3 wheel bikes or messing with momentum on the over head crane. skyjacks are great too.
    1988 Lancer Shelby 2.2TII 1989 Shadow ES 2.5TI 1992 Lebaron Sedan 3.0Auto 1993 Acclaim 2.5TI-A520 Hoard parts now!