Thread: ok im freaking stumped.

turbo addict

ok im freaking stumped.

well i havent messed with my car in awhile. drove it this week for the first time in 2 months. well i forgot its still doing the same ---- that i cant figure out. it cuts out in boost like spark blow out. plugs are at .025. a/f's are bill gates 10:2 at red line but 11:1 1000rpm before redline. ce mod is reading knock sometimes but the fuccking af's are rich?!?! plugs look a bit white. still way lean at idle. like 17:5-18:0+ been running like this for awhile now. if anyone can help me i would like to fix this ----. i will send you my cal to look it over or something.

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Re: ok im freaking stumped.

What is your ignition timing at? What cal are you running? If you are getting knock it will pull boost for so many seconds after the knock event.

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

What he said plus any exhaust leaks? have you verifed your wideband is accurate.
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

turbo addict

going to verify that my wide band is accurate today or tomorrow. friend of mine has a innovative. ignition timing is 12. cal is from shel game that i tweaked but doesn't seem to do ----. seriously. i took over boost out and that worked but i can adjust fuel all day and nothing happens. it seems to work when the engine is cold then i can drive it down the road and its back to the same old ----. its like the computer adjusts itself. fuel pressure is 55.
    86 omni with 87 lm 3 bar mbc set at 20psi & +40's
    i use d cal to adjust things
    theres
    fueladdbarocomp
    fuelbatteryoffset
    fuelchargetempfactor
    fuelfullthrottle
    fuelleanoutfactoroffthrottle
    fuelleanoutfactoronthrottle
    fuelmonitorscaling
    fuelnothrottle
    fuelpartthrottle
    fuelpartthrottleenrichment
    fuelstartdecayintorun
    fuelstartfromcoolanttemp
    fueltempfromcoolant
    fuelstartperepp
    fuelstartreductionfrombaro
    fueltransitionruntostart
    fueltranstionstarttorun

the only ones i've touched are fuelfullthrottle and fuelnothrottle.
    pumping eff seemed to do nothing. and the other two seemed to do nothing.
    ive heard that if you tweak one fuel map on an lm you have to tweak the rest?
    gonna flash shelgames cal again that he gave me and just take out overboost. see what happens.

I would PM "Aries Turbo" he's really up on LM stuff.

All I ever touch is advance maps, fuel wot/part and pump efff, that's it.
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.

turbo addict

!! I is an idiot!!!! well i went and compared tunes to mine and the one shel game gave me. well when i modded the tune he gave me i left the room for a bit. i come back and my 2 year old is sitting in front of the computer. i didn't think anything of it. well i compare the two yesterday and HE RETARDED THE SHIIT OUT OF THE TIMING UNDER BOOST AND MESSED WITH ALL SORTS OF SHIIT!!! don't ask me how he did it or how my car is even still running. but i flashed shel games tune but just turned overboost off and richened it up a tad on top. runs great. now its still running lean on idle which i really don't give a fuccck anymore and a/f's at cruise are 14:9-15:6 in that area. will that hurt anything?
    Last edited by BadAssPerformance; 06-03-2009 at 08:14 PM. Reason: PG-13 please!

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by roachjuice View Post
    !!! I is an idiot!!!! well i went and compared tunes to mine and the one shel game gave me. well when i modded the tune he gave me i left the room for a bit. i come back and my 2 year old is sitting in front of the computer. i didn't think anything of it. well i compare the two yesterday and HE RETARDED THE SHIIT OUT OF THE TIMING UNDER BOOST AND MESSED WITH ALL SORTS OF SHIIT!!! don't ask me how he did it or how my car is even still running. but i flashed shel games tune but just turned overboost off and richened it up a tad on top. runs great. now its still running lean on idle which i really don't give a fuccck anymore and a/f's at cruise are 14:9-15:6 in that area. will that hurt anything?
    The AFR in cruise is where you want it to be.

Also, there are many different code bases which have drastic differences. Moreover, unless you really understand how the different timing tables effect one another you really can't say much about the timing. I have a vauge idea of what the total timing is like when looking at a cal, but I need to use a spreadsheet tool to really see where it's at.
    Last edited by BadAssPerformance; 06-03-2009 at 08:14 PM. Reason: PG13 quote

!!! I is an idiot!!!! well i went and compared tunes to mine and the one shel game gave me. well when i modded the tune he gave me i left the room for a bit. i come back and my 2 year old is sitting in front of the computer. i didn't think anything of it. well i compare the two yesterday and HE RETARDED THE SHIIT OUT OF THE TIMING UNDER BOOST AND MESSED WITH ALL SORTS OF SHIIT!!! don't ask me how he did it or how my car is even still running. but i flashed shel games tune but just turned overboost off and richened it up a tad on top. runs great. now its still running lean on idle which i really don't give a fuccck anymore and a/f's at cruise are 14:9-15:6 in that area. will that hurt anything?
    Bummer, my son deleted my cals on my home computer somehow and I can't find them,

Thats a perfect cruise ratio.
    Last edited by BadAssPerformance; 06-03-2009 at 08:15 PM. Reason: PG13 quote

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

!! I is an idiot!!!! well i went and compared tunes to mine and the one shel game gave me. well when i modded the tune he gave me i left the room for a bit. i come back and my 2 year old is sitting in front of the computer. i didn't think anything of it. well i compare the two yesterday and HE RETARDED THE SHIIT OUT OF THE TIMING UNDER BOOST AND MESSED WITH ALL SORTS OF SHIIT!!! don't ask me how he did it or how my car is even still running. but i flashed shel games tune but just turned overboost off and richened it up a tad on top. runs great. now its still running lean on idle which i really don't give a fuccck anymore and a/f's at cruise are 14:9-15:6 in that area. will that hurt anything?
    Easy on the F bombs there roach

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by BadAssPerformance View Post
    Easy on the F bombs there roach
    sorry.