View Poll Results: I would be interested in a reproduction TII/III/IV radiator for the following car

Voters
146. You may not vote on this poll
  • L-Body

60 41.10%
  • G-Body Early Style

20 13.70%
  • G-Body Late Style

32 21.92%
  • P-Body

35 23.97%
  • Shelby Lancer

8 5.48%
  • LeBaron

14 9.59%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Three core radiators in stock configurations...

We Todd D dot D Turbo Mopar Staff sdac guy's Avatar

Re: Three core radiators in stock configurations...

The 90 P-Body T-IV is the same style rad as the 90 G-body, but different in measurement, mainly width. I will still try to get those measurements for you.

Barry
    86 Shelby Lancer Prototype
    90 Daytona Shelby VNT
    91 Spirit R/T

For your questions about SDAC, please contact BadAssPerformance

Quote Originally Posted by sdac guy View Post
    The 90 P-Body T-IV is the same style rad as the 90 G-body, but different in measurement, mainly width. I will still try to get those measurements for you.

Barry
    Barry,

Is it possible that they used both plastic and copper tanked radiators for the '89 CSX? The one I saw in the P-Body yesterday was definitely not plastic while the '90 G-Body was.

Chris-TU
    Chris Wright www.TurbosUnleashed.com Chris@TurbosUnleashed.com 602-76-BOOST Tech/Sales#: Monday-Saturday 9AM-7PM MST Proudly Serving the Turbo-Mopar Community since 1997 TU is a performance, not marketing company. We provide accurate performance data on all our performance products. Fabricating data to make us appear better is just not our style. Do the research before you buy. ROCK BOTTOM PRICES WITHOUT THE HIDDEN HANDLING FEES.... -----HOME OF THE 9 SECOND FWD T-M CLUTCH-----

boostaholic Turbo Mopar Contributor

Is there a link to the pictures? No offense chris, but can you make your site any harder to searchor navigate through? Your menu sucks.

I need a radiator, and was thinking about a summit generic aluminum radiator.
    Nick G. 1984 Dodge Rampage

Quote Originally Posted by Chris W
    Is it possible that they used both plastic and copper tanked radiators for the '89 CSX? The one I saw in the P-Body yesterday was definitely not plastic while the '90 G-Body was.
    All of the 89 and lower rads that I've seen or heard of use metal end tanks. The radiator on the CSX-VNT should have had the stock T-II style radiator it came with from the factory (metal tanks).

Of course the VNT engines in the 90 vehicles were designed as production models and the changes in the 1990 model year applied accordingly. One of those changes were that all models went to plastic end tanks with the right hand mounting ear/tab molded onto the tank and the intercooler mounting nubs molded into the side of the left hand tank.

Barry
    90 Daytona Shelby VNT
    91 Spirit R/T

turbo addict

Dunno when or how I could afford this, but I'd LOVE to replace my OEM TII radiator(one of the last new ones that was out there when I bought it) with a lighter aluminum one.

I'm also on the bandwagon of NOT having any other sort of cooler built in. I don't need it, stock cars didn't have them(especially an auto cooler), and if somebody did do an auto conversion to a TII(or has a TII Maserati), there are other ways to cool the tranny. I don't beleive that an oil cooler is a good idea built in either for reasons already stated by others...

Hybrid booster

Damn, I just paid that much to have a stock T-II rad recored. Ah, well, at least the guy did a great job of it.

boostaholic Turbo Mopar Contributor

300 for a bolt-in aluminum radiator is a good deal. I'd definitely buy one if I needed to replace mine. Once the one in the CSX poops the bed totally (It's got a tiny pinhole now) I'll be in the market, but I'm not ATM.

I know this is sort of outside the scope of the question, but would it be possible to buy just the cores if one provides the length & width? Or even just the cores for whatever sizes are going to be standard?

TurboII

when is this going into production!!!! i need one

Garrett booster

Chris,

Are we talking about a time frame of weeks or months till a new TIII rad is available?

I need one ASAP and will order, but it seems like this is something that is at least 6 months down the road.

Garrett booster

Quote Originally Posted by Chris W View Post
    Barry,

Chris-TU
    I have a 89 CSX recored rad, they are copper tanks.

My vote is you should to the 90 G-body T4 and T3 rad with the plastic tanks since you cant get them anymore.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor zin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Turbozcs2003 View Post
    I have a 89 CSX recored rad, they are copper tanks.

My vote is you should to the 90 G-body T4 and T3 rad with the plastic tanks since you cant get them anymore.
    If you are saying to produce these in AL, I'm all for it! Not so much if you want the tanks done in plastic, I'm pretty sure that's what you meant, but wanted to be sure.

Mike
    "The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." - Patrick Henry

Bad laws are the worst sort of tyranny.
    - Edmund Burke

Actually, the prudent business decision would be to skip the 90 model year altogether. There were so few VNT cars produced (compared to other intercooled models) that demand for those rads will be low forever.

If Chris gets 10 or more requests for them and can get that number done easily enough, then fine. But I would suggest making rads that are more in demand if any are to sit on the shelf.

Barry
    90 Daytona Shelby VNT
    91 Spirit R/T

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor zin's Avatar

Actually, the prudent business decision would be to skip the 90 model year altogether. There were so few VNT cars produced (compared to other intercooled models) that demand for those rads will be low forever.

If Chris gets 10 or more requests for them and can get that number done easily enough, then fine. But I would suggest making rads that are more in demand if any are to sit on the shelf.

Barry
    YEAH YEAH YEAH! Some joker has always got to be the voice of reason and logic! Sheez!!

Mike
    "The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." - Patrick Henry

Bad laws are the worst sort of tyranny.
    - Edmund Burke

turbo addict

Although I don't own any of these cars on the list at the moment, someday I'd like to. I'm especially encouraged that you guys are willing to do stuff for the R/T cars.

Thanks TU!!!!

Garrett booster

Barry
    The 90 T4 and 92 93 T3 radaitors are the same for the G-body. Hence if he does one if would fit all.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbozcs2003 View Post
    The 90 T4 and 92 93 T3 radaitors are the same for the G-body. Hence if he does one if would fit all.
    I just looked them up in the parts manual. And while the diagram in the parts manual is the same for those years, they are not the same radiator at all.

To get the new rad I have in my Daytona, I traded it for a Spirit R/T rad, which I got rebuilt. The parts manual says the Daytona T-III rad is the same for both the Daytona and the Spirit (1992). And that part number agrees with both the Spirit R/T part number for 1991 and the IROC R/T number for 1993. So, all the T-III rads in the Daytona and Spirit (1991-1993) carry the same part number, 4401964.

The T-III rads have 4 clips molded onto the engine side of the end tanks to mount the fan. They have no top or bottom rails (or are inverted rails).

The 90 T-IV rads have the same fan mounting as the earlier rads. Two s-clips on the bottom rail and bolts to the top rail. This is the style radiator shown in the diagram for all the 1990-1993 intercooled rads in the parts manual. But the part number for the 1990 rad is 4401674.

Whether some 1990 T-IV rads were used in early runs of the Spirit R/T or IROC R/T, I don't know. But I do know the 1991 Spirit R/T rad I had was very different from the 1990 Daytona rad in my car.

Barry
    90 Daytona Shelby VNT
    91 Spirit R/T

two point two much fun Turbo Mopar Staff Turbodave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chris W View Post
    Barry,

Chris-TU
    Chris, from what I've seen the 87 and 89 CSX use the same radiator and intercooler (metal tanks). The 90 P-body VNT cars are unique however with plastic end tanks.
    Dave Tekampe
    Director SDAC National
    VP SDAC-Chicago

85 GLH-Turbo (DC intercooled)
    86 GLHS #107
    87 GLHS #148
    87 CSX #161, #608, #674
    88 CSX-T #529, #541
    89 Shadow Competition Package and lots more...

turbo addict

I just looked them up in the parts manual. And while the diagram in the parts manual is the same for those years, they are not the same radiator at all.

To get the new rad I have in my Daytona, I traded it for a Spirit R/T rad, which I got rebuilt. The parts manual says the Daytona T-III rad is the same for both the Daytona and the Spirit (1992). And that part number agrees with both the Spirit R/T part number for 1991 and the IROC R/T number for 1993. So, all the T-III rads in the Daytona and Spirit (1991-1993) carry the same part number, 4401964.

The T-III rads have 4 clips molded onto the engine side of the end tanks to mount the fan. They have no top or bottom rails (or are inverted rails).

The 90 T-IV rads have the same fan mounting as the earlier rads. Two s-clips on the bottom rail and bolts to the top rail. This is the style radiator shown in the diagram for all the 1990-1993 intercooled rads in the parts manual. But the part number for the 1990 rad is 4401674.

Whether some 1990 T-IV rads were used in early runs of the Spirit R/T or IROC R/T, I don't know. But I do know the 1991 Spirit R/T rad I had was very different from the 1990 Daytona rad in my car.

Barry
    That makes sense Barry. I think the thing that made the TIII rad TIII specific was the fan/shroud. With the intake on the front they had to go with a slim mount style.

Quote Originally Posted by Black93RT View Post
    Chris,

Are we talking about a time frame of weeks or months till a new TIII rad is available?

I need one ASAP and will order, but it seems like this is something that is at least 6 months down the road.

Our target release date on the radiators is September 1st. We are still in the process of collecting and measuring all the radiators and will provide updated information on our progress.

Thanks!

Chris-TU
    Chris Wright www.TurbosUnleashed.com Chris@TurbosUnleashed.com 602-76-BOOST Tech/Sales#: Monday-Saturday 9AM-7PM MST Proudly Serving the Turbo-Mopar Community since 1997 TU is a performance, not marketing company. We provide accurate performance data on all our performance products. Fabricating data to make us appear better is just not our style. Do the research before you buy. ROCK BOTTOM PRICES WITHOUT THE HIDDEN HANDLING FEES.... -----HOME OF THE 9 SECOND FWD T-M CLUTCH-----

Could someone please clarify what bolts to the circled nut on a '91 Spirit TIII application?

Thanks!

Chris-TU
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	91 Spirit TIII.jpg 
Views:	146 
Size:	57.6 KB 
ID:	15231  

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast