Thread: Thread pitch for bolts?

Thread pitch for bolts?

Anyone know the thread pitch and size of bolts for our cars? I know this seems generic, but I need to get a couple of hose barbs to thread into my intake and I have NO idea what they are.

I have a two piece intake and would like to know the thread pitch and size for the bolt on the underside of the intake close to the throttle body (where this is a hole) and the sizes for the other ones on the upper plenum. I'm trying to do away with my vacuum block and this would allow me to do it. Anyone?
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Re: Thread pitch for bolts?

Are you talking about the 3/8ths NPT holes? The one in the back of the intake for the brake booster is 3/8ths NPT. I forget what size the one on the bottom of the intake which previously held the support bracket is though.

Yeah I'm talking about the one that is on the bottom, not the brake booster one. Well, even the brake booster one is the same as the other larger holes on the front and back. But I also need the info for the one on the bottom. I think a 15mm head bolt fits in that hole. I think that's what I plugged it with.
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

Super Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff 135sohc's Avatar

M10x1.5

Quote Originally Posted by 135sohc View Post
    M10x1.5
    Is that the smaller one or the larger ones that are for vacuum? Thanks for the info, btw!

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by minigts View Post
    Is that the smaller one or the larger ones that are for vacuum? Thanks for the info, btw!
    That's probably the 15mm job you put in there as a plug.

Super Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff 135sohc's Avatar

Thats the hole closest to the throttle body flange. Everything else is 3/8 NPT.