Thread: H-body 5-speed swap question

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

H-body 5-speed swap question

I am in the process of swapping out the a413 for an a555 in my SL. Clutch/brake pedals are swapped but I am not sure what to do with the "clutch engaged" switch? Pedals are out of an 86 LeBaron GTS and I cannot find were it plugs in or do I even need that switch? Thanks, David
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010143.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	224.6 KB 
ID:	14812  

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor iTurbo's Avatar

Re: H-body 5-speed swap question

Looks like it might be a cruise control interrupt switch? I didn't think our cars even used those, but the SLs didn't come with cruise control as far as I know. Maybe the '86 donor had it though.

turbo addict

You mean the neutral switch as well. It is supposed to do two things. Allow the starter relay to function just like the neutral switch on the automatic or in the case of cruise when engaged defeat the cruise. You don't need it as long as you know when its in gear to not try to start it and also to use the brake pedal instead to defeat the cruise. My 88 lancer has one. I need to look over the wiring diagram again to be of further assistance. My car is the opposite.. going from stick to auto. I am just using the two wiring from a plug I clipped from an auto car with the manual stuff to make the back up lights work, but you can invert the idea. There is a sub harness under the hood where the wire lead from the starter relay actually goes to the bulkhead and then to that switch in manual only cars so basically manual cars got a different underhood harness from the bulkhead out if that makes any sense. PM me for more info.
    [FONT="Arial Black"][/FONT] ____________________________________________ 92 Voyager LE 3.3/A604 luxury liner 185k [COLOR="Red"]"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin[/COLOR] [COLOR="White"]"It's not tyranny we desire; it's a just, limited, federal government." Alexander Hamilton[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]Support our economy-BUY AMERICA: [url]http://nortonsusa.com/[/url][/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by WickedShelby88 View Post
    You don't need it as long as you know when its in gear to not try to start it and also to use the brake pedal instead to defeat the cruise. PM me for more info.
    Thanks, I believe that is what I needed to know. I'll PM you if I run into any problems with the wiring. Thanks for the help.

Quote Originally Posted by iTurbo View Post
    Looks like it might be a cruise control interrupt switch? I didn't think our cars even used those, but the SLs didn't come with cruise control as far as I know. Maybe the '86 donor had it though.
    It may have but I don't remember for sure. I don't think that I need it though (hopefully), so removing it seems to be the simplest option. Thanks for the help. David

gone crazy Turbo Mopar Contributor J&H Ryan's Avatar

It must be for the cruise. I could start my SL w/o the clutch. In fact, it had remote start, lol
    Ryan
    92 GTC, TIII
    00 XJ

Quote Originally Posted by J&H Ryan View Post
    It must be for the cruise. I could start my SL w/o the clutch. In fact, it had remote start, lol
    Did your SL have that switch? Thanks