Thread: Where to get Air Conditioning Hoses

Where to get Air Conditioning Hoses

The hoses on my spirit are extremely rusty and in bad shape. The AC worked when I bought the car but has since stopped working as the refrigerant has leaked out. I want to replace the hoses before charging the system with R134. Anyone have a source for them. It's for my 89 Spirit. I've checked all the parts stores and they have nothing. I'm going to go through the yellow pages tomorrow and see if there is anywhere local that makes the hoses. Second would I be better off finding a r134 compressor when switching over or is the r12 compressor that's on the car good enough? The r12 compressor on my 87 Daytona seems to keep up ok with the R134 and I changed that over many years ago.

The moderately moderate moderator Turbo Mopar Staff

Re: Where to get Air Conditioning Hoses

Suction & Liquid Line: TEM 200764
    Discharge & Liquid Line: TEM 200765
    Both parts are supposed to be available from NAPA. I looked up a 1991 spirit w/2.5.
    Bryan
    86 GLHS #161, 2016 Impala
    SDAC National Member, SDAC Buckeye Chapter Member

A man has got to know his limitations.....

So does anyone know when they switched from R12 to R134? They list the lines for a 91. and one line for a 90 but nothing for a 89? I may get the 134 compressor and lines but I'll have to find a mounting bracket for the 134 compressor because I don't thing they are the same as the R12 ones.

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanman²'s Avatar

Compressor and lines are the same for both Freon's. If your old compressor worked fine and was quiet, leave it alone. Replace the receiver/dryer, add a couple oz's of retrofit oil and recharge with the correct amount of R134A. It will be fine.
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

I'm not finding hoses for the older compressor. I have the compressor and lines I took off my 91 daytona when I put the hybrid motor in. The A/C was working on that car when I took it off so I'm going to try and see how those lines/compressor fit this weekend.

turbo addict

if you need brand new fresh hoses i saw a guy who had a few on eBay just look it up might have been for dayona not sure and im not sure if there's a difference

The 91 daytona lines look like they should fit fine. I picked up some new gaskets for all the connections and I'm going to try and swap in the newer stuff. Does anyone know what the plug on the back of the newer compressor is for? The older style compressor doesn't have any other connectors other than the coil and I don't see any other sensors in the system other than the pressure switch up on the firewall.

OK so I swapped all of the brackets, hoses, tensioner, compressor and what not from my 91 daytona onto the spirit. It fit pretty well. The hose from the compressor to the condenser needed to be bent slightly but other than that close enough. I put on the 134 fittings on the compressor and line and hooked up the vacuum pump and pulled vacuum for 45min or so. I closed the valves on the gauge set and let it sit for an hour and it held vacuum so I put in 32 oz of 134 and it's cooling good so far. Hopefully it holds and I don't fry in a black car again this summer.

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanman²'s Avatar

Yeah, I love the a/c in my van, nice and cold,

The switch is for newer systems, its a high pressure cut out switch.
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

turbo addict

Glad you got it working. I'm surprised you had trouble finding the hoses. I got '86 g-body hoses two years ago. Goodyear brand one one and I can't remember the other. IIRC, I got them both from AutoZone. If it wasn't AZ, it was O'Reilly.

TurboII

what does IIrc mean?

Super Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff 135sohc's Avatar

If I Remember Correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by bfarroo View Post
    OK so I swapped all of the brackets, hoses, tensioner, compressor and what not from my 91 daytona onto the spirit. It fit pretty well. The hose from the compressor to the condenser needed to be bent slightly but other than that close enough. I put on the 134 fittings on the compressor and line and hooked up the vacuum pump and pulled vacuum for 45min or so. I closed the valves on the gauge set and let it sit for an hour and it held vacuum so I put in 32 oz of 134 and it's cooling good so far. Hopefully it holds and I don't fry in a black car again this summer.
    You did put the oil in it too right?

turbo addict

Still have the old condenser in it? R134A molecules are smaller so they have more of a tendency to leak out. At least if you put dye in it while your at it you will have a better way to tell.
    [FONT="Arial Black"][/FONT] ____________________________________________ 92 Voyager LE 3.3/A604 luxury liner 185k [COLOR="Red"]"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin[/COLOR] [COLOR="White"]"It's not tyranny we desire; it's a just, limited, federal government." Alexander Hamilton[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]Support our economy-BUY AMERICA: [url]http://nortonsusa.com/[/url][/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by impuresoul2k3 View Post
    You did put the oil in it too right?
    Yeah, the cans of r134 came with the oil in them. I bought a recharge kit that came with all of the bits and pieces.

Cool, just checking

turbo addict

I'm converting over to the new setup myself now. But that means I have a 1 year old and in really good condition set of the older style hoses. Guess I'll put 'em up for sale in the for sale section. Wish my compressor would have decided to take a dump a couple of months earlier and I would have been able to set you up.