Thread: 90 Mazda RX-7 ECM

The moderately moderate moderator Turbo Mopar Staff

90 Mazda RX-7 ECM

Does anyone know of a good place to send one to have it repaired or buy another one. My neighbor has this car and the ECM is bad. Diagnosed by a place here that works on them. He asked me to see if I could find one for him or give him some info on a place to check out. Thanks.

Bryan
    Bryan
    86 GLHS #161, 2016 Impala
    SDAC National Member, SDAC Buckeye Chapter Member

A man has got to know his limitations.....

turbo addict

Re: 90 Mazda RX-7 ECM

Go to RX7club.com for the most info around or I could try and dig some up for you. Those don't go bad too often though, interesting. What is that place out there called? I'm surprised they don't have any connections. You might also call Banzai Racing out in Indiana near Fort Wayne. All they do is rotary engines. They are quite reputable and still in business despite the economy. Here is the link to their site: http://www.banzai-racing.com/. Also their phone number is (574) 594-2035.
    They could tell you as well as anyone and they don't usually mind fielding some questions such as yours to point someone in the right direction. They helped me figure out a plan when some seals went out in the RX7 I had. I ended up selling but they gave me some good info as well as what I found on the RX7club site. Also is this car turbo or N/A.. It makes a big difference. One thing you should also know is in most years the ECM is the same for manual or auto. Quite a few Japan manufacturers are like that.
    [FONT="Arial Black"][/FONT] ____________________________________________ 92 Voyager LE 3.3/A604 luxury liner 185k [COLOR="Red"]"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin[/COLOR] [COLOR="White"]"It's not tyranny we desire; it's a just, limited, federal government." Alexander Hamilton[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]Support our economy-BUY AMERICA: [url]http://nortonsusa.com/[/url][/COLOR]

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor rx2mazda's Avatar

What year and motor combo? I have a ecm from my old 85 gsl-se 13B. the best place to shop is mazdatrix. they have everything!!!! give them a call, i'm sure they have tons of ecm laying around!
    Carroll

SILVER, 85 GLH-R/T, TIII powered, Fueltech, ID1300's. PTE5857
    RED, 91 Spirit R/T - Holset HE351 - 12.6 @ 107...R.I.P.

The moderately moderate moderator Turbo Mopar Staff

Thanks for the info guys. Sorry, forgot to mention it was a 90 N/A convertible, EFI,(I know, by then they all were), auto.
    Joe, the place he took it is looking into how much to repair it, he just wanted me to see what I could find.
    Bryan
    86 GLHS #161, 2016 Impala
    SDAC National Member, SDAC Buckeye Chapter Member

A man has got to know his limitations.....

turbo addict

Gotcha. You have to find an S5 ECM if you do look for one.
    [FONT="Arial Black"][/FONT] ____________________________________________ 92 Voyager LE 3.3/A604 luxury liner 185k [COLOR="Red"]"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin[/COLOR] [COLOR="White"]"It's not tyranny we desire; it's a just, limited, federal government." Alexander Hamilton[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]Support our economy-BUY AMERICA: [url]http://nortonsusa.com/[/url][/COLOR]