Thread: 2000 Dodge Neon 5 speed 37 MPG $2000 OBO in Rockford, IL

2000 Dodge Neon 5 speed 37 MPG $2000 OBO in Rockford, IL

Up for sale is my 2000 Dodge Neon Sedan. It has a 2.0L SOHC engine and a 5 speed manual transmission. There is right under 123,000 miles on it. I bought this and fixed it up to be my daily method of transportation however I needed something that can carry and tow things so I ended up keeping my Forester so now the Neon is up for grabs. It runs perfect and with conservative driving I've repeatedly gotten 37 MPG doing local driving with the car.

I've replaced a lot of the parts on the car as I intended it to be as reliable and trouble free as possible. This includes:
    Front and rear brakes
    Rear strut assemblies
    Both motor mount arm assemblies
    Clutch
    Spark plugs and wires
    Radiator hoses
    Coolant hoses under the intake manifold
    Valve cover gasket
    Both rear wheel hub assemblies
    Air filter
    Booger Bushings shifter bushings on the transmission
    Clutch throw out bearing
    Rear main seal
    Alternator assembly
    Alternator and power steering belts
    Trunk lock cylinder rebuilt

As for upgrades I did to the car:
    Leather steering wheel and leather shift knob from a 2001 Neon R/T
    JVC speakers in the front doors and rear deck
    Removed muffler and put a down pipe... this is easily reversible with a clamp and a small piece of pipe. I liked the way it sounded better and it also helps it get better mileage. Muffler is included with the car.

Issues the car still has:
    Front struts are worn out so they clunk a bit on bumps... I am including a set of strut assemblies that are perfect to be installed onto it.
    She's not very pretty... the front bumper and hood are damaged and there's a dent in the driver's side fender. It also has various dents and scratches. Been searching the pick n pull's for the right colored parts and still haven't found anything. It didn't affect how it drove and that's what mattered to me the most.
    No wheel covers... I liked the way it looked so I never replaced them
    Driver's seat shows some wear from people getting in and out of the car

The timing belt service was done by the previous owner at 75,000 miles. It won't need that service again until 175,000 miles. The oil was changed out about 800 miles ago and the transmission fluid was also replaced with the proper (expensive) Mopar fluid when the clutch was changed. Mechanically this car is perfect. It doesn't leak anything or burn anything and she's ready to get you to wherever you need to go without issues. The tires are almost new in the front and very decent in the back. The alignment is good and the radio sounds great. Heat is perfect too. Please note, this car does NOT have a/c from the factory.

As I said, runs and drives perfect without issue. She was a great car for me but I can't keep them all. I'm asking $2000 or best offer. Feel free to call me any time of the day or night to set up something to see the car or to ask questions. 815 980-8960 Thanks!

Also, as PARTIAL PAYMENT I do need some things. I do need a good running 2.5L TI complete engine, some sort of 5 speed (anything that's not an A525) and a PCM for an 89 2.5L TI 5 speed for my Plymouth Sundance.

Re: 2000 Dodge Neon 5 speed 37 MPG $2000 OBO in Rockford, IL

I'd take a cheap ($600 max) 1st gen, Subaru, or older 80's-90's Mopar MTX car as a partial trade. Want a cheap car to teach my brother in law, little brother, and a few of my friends how to drive a stick shift.

Make offers! I need this thing out of my driveway! Debt payoff required!

I no longer need a backup car replacement for this as I found one today... so cash and carry on this Neon.

Bump! Need to sell this! Make offers!