Thread: Shift/Clutch cable retainers needed ASAP!!!

turbo addict

Shift/Clutch cable retainers needed ASAP!!!

All the following is for a 520 tranny:

I need the clutch cable retainer/grommet- not the grommet at the case above the fork lever but the grommet that goes in the retainer at the lever itself that holds the cable in.

I can get the retainer new locally but the grommet is 22 bucks and no go. so i will get a retainer on here if someone has all this. part numbers
    5206244- grommet
    5206245- retainer lock that slides over the fork lever and holds the cable end on.

I also need the one shifter cable retainer that holds the cable that has the large opening that slides over the ball and holds on by the clip/retainer (wutever it actually is) the parts sheet shows it called clip though. part number 6501332

here is the link i got these numbers from so u can see a picture. Just go to
    520 trans sections under manual tranny section group.

http://www.berrysprinter.com/e-fiche...assCar/89p.PDF
    Last edited by tsiconquest88; 05-04-2009 at 11:42 AM. Reason: Added more detail to the title

Invisible Turbo Mopar Contributor mcsvt's Avatar

Re: Shift/Clutch cable retainers needed ASAP!!!

Joe 6501332 may be hard to find, my car doesn't have them that's for sure. You can use a zip tie on each cable at the selector to keep them on the selector. Make them just tight enough the cables don't come off, but not so tight the cables don't move smoothly.

The other pieces should be easy to find and I believe are universal to any manual tranny?
    -Gary Mazzone-
    1986 GLHS #168

turbo addict

yea im not too worried bout the 332 to be honest. The one cable just snaps onto the ball which is fine but the other cable i got is just a end with a hole and slides over the stud for it and held on by a clip. the 245 retainer i can get locally its in stock lol and its for the clutch cable as well as the 244 part which i cant find. but the grommet no go without a long wait. actually the 332 i can get from a dealer in CT and would send to me but its 21 bucks for the tiny thing which i can just rig somehow so why bother lol. however i do want this grommet for the retainer clip at the lever!!!! its funny cus the grommet above the lever at the case area looks like it was new (was on the trans when i got it from ya) yet the lever dont have the grommet or retainer lol. go figure.
    Last edited by tsiconquest88; 05-04-2009 at 05:03 PM.

turbo addict

I can get what you need either tomorrow or friday if that is soon enough!
    [FONT="Arial Black"][/FONT] ____________________________________________ 92 Voyager LE 3.3/A604 luxury liner 185k [COLOR="Red"]"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin[/COLOR] [COLOR="White"]"It's not tyranny we desire; it's a just, limited, federal government." Alexander Hamilton[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]Support our economy-BUY AMERICA: [url]http://nortonsusa.com/[/url][/COLOR]