Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: This should motivate the 3.0L group!

Re: This should motivate the 3.0L group!

Quote Originally Posted by 93sundance
    I am running full 2.5" exhaust w/ high flow cat and a 2 chamber muffler. The track I was just at doesn't have a scale. The one I was at on Saturday does. On saturday, the car was gutted except for the dash, and according to their scale, it weighed in at 2600 - 2650 (cant remember exactly) with me in the car. I weigh 230, so that is hard to believe, but I guess it is possible. I pulled the dash, and the whole climate control system out before I raced last night. I will have to take more pictures of my car now that it is gutted. The engine looks the same as in the pics on my site. I want to have some pics taken and videos made of me racing.
    That weight sounds accurate for a gutted sundance to me.

Quote Originally Posted by 93sundance
    225/50/15 yokohama AVS ES 100 w/ 280 treadwear. If I balanced the front end weight, and get some air shocks so I can stop the one wheel peels, I'm sure they would work good. Right now I am having major traction issues. I know 2.1 60 fts are not bad, but this thing has enough torque to pull 1.7s.
    You'll never pull 1.7's on street tires in a FWD car. (ok well never say NEVER because you could jack up the rear and balance the front and do all sorts of tricks that make it not driveable on the street) However, in GENERAL, it isn't gonna happen on street tires. Your current 60's are *excellent* for street tires. I wouldn't expect much more from it.

Admin- "Alexandria" Ken... Comes W/4 Car Garage Turbo Mopar Staff GLHSKEN's Avatar

Agreed!!! 2.1x is a GREAT 60' on streets. I pull 2.1x with my GTX regularly (best 2.07) and am happy as hell
    Ken Adler....
    Cars, A few (9)

Quote Originally Posted by GLHSKEN
    Agreed!!! 2.1x is a GREAT 60' on streets. I pull 2.1x with my GTX regularly (best 2.07) and am happy as hell
    I'll be pulling 1.7's soon though. (awd) hehe

My best street tire 60ft in a TD was 2.06 with no balancing or mods to the rear. I was never able to repeat it. The car pulled 2.20's 98% of the time.

Hybrid booster

I know, I mean 1.7s on slicks. I'd be very very happy to see 1.9s on street tires. Last year I did 2.037 on falken tires with a 360 tread wear.

Quote Originally Posted by OmniGTI
    You'll never pull 1.7's on street tires in a FWD car. (ok well never say NEVER because you could jack up the rear and balance the front and do all sorts of tricks that make it not driveable on the street) However, in GENERAL, it isn't gonna happen on street tires. Your current 60's are *excellent* for street tires. I wouldn't expect much more from it.

1.7 sec. 60 foot times in a 2600 pound car is a great goal, you will need about 320+ hp to achieve that, remember 60 foot times are not "free", the capability of any car to accelerate to a 60 foot distance is a function of hp/weight and traction efficiency.

and great job with your car those ET's are very fast.

Hybrid booster

I doubt It needs 320 hp. the 3.0L has a very low torque curve. I was launching at 1500 RPM and pulling 2.0 60 fts. Also keep in mind, the race weight is 2600 lbs or less. I know my car could do at least 1.8s

excellent results for sure.....a 1.7 sec 60 ft time is a far cry from a 2.0 sec 60 ft time.

your timeslip data show trap speeds about 97, and race weight of 2600, so thats about 185 hp at the tires.

but hey the fun is in the trying i always say.

Hybrid booster

Yeah, I'd say 185 WHP is about right. You could be right about it not being capable of 1.7s, but who knows. It will be fun to see what it can do with some M&H 23X7.5 slicks. unfortunatly, I might not be able to afford slicks this year. there are too many things that are higher up on the priority list. But who knows, things change.

turbo addict

Hmm, so your race weight must have been less then we thought before. With your supposed weight before you were making 193whp on your slower traps........hehe, I guess the 10:1 pistons dont make much of a difference on the stock cams.

turbo addict

btw josh, congrats on the 2.030 60' last night

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12