Thread: omni glh rims/tires

Mitsu booster

omni glh rims/tires

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/Wheel...All&sort=Brand

I was wondering what everyones thoughts were on these wheels..? I have an 85 L-body with some LRE's in front and back..Caravan front control arms and stock replacement struts, also has csx brakes all around. I'm thinking that these will fit , and if they do would you guys run a 215/40? 205/40? I'd like to run http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....e1=yes&place=1
    Last edited by prep468k; 04-29-2009 at 09:56 PM. Reason: run on

turbo addict

Re: omni glh rims/tires

wow, i dig those wheels, they are aluminum right? i have the srt-4 acr bbs wheels on my omni, not sure the offset, but they are 16x7. the wheels fit perfect, i even have the exact same tire just different size. mine are 225/45zr16, and fit on the front great with only the slightest bit of rub at full lock, but the backs are a different story, they rub the springs and the fender wells in the back of the opening to the center.

its about time for new tires and i think im going a size smaller on the width, i think 215 will be awsome, but if you dont want to roll the edge of your rear fenders then go with the 205's, 40's would look better but dont know if they would handle as good or ride as good, i also have some stiff civic coil overs on my ride and i hated how the low profile 17's i had rode around town and on the freeway.

good luck though, let me know how it goes, and what color is your ride?

Mitsu booster

car is black, been working on for the last 6 hours ... lol new tank,255,corbeaus,springs,hella head lamps....and back at it again tomorrow

ill let you know, keep it coming guys

nk

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor Mario's Avatar

Holy heavy. I wouldn't waste my money on those. Nice tire choice. Any pics of the car?
    Mario Di Cesare [url]www.boostedmopar.com[/url] 1985 Dodge Omni GLH - The Original "BOOSTBOX" 1991 Spirit R/T - "Grandma Boost" [url]http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showpost.php?p=270429&postcount=1[/url]

boostaholic Turbo Mopar Contributor

^^ what he said. 20 lbs apiece? No thanks.
    Nick G. 1984 Dodge Rampage

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesismachine View Post
    ^^ what he said. 20 lbs apiece? No thanks.
    +2 You could get some stock wheels for next to nothing which weigh about the same.

Hybrid booster

Those are some heavy wheels! 1+ on a different lighter choice! I don't remember off the top of my head but I think pizza are very close to that weight. The KDW is an ok tire but I prefer the Falken Azenis RT-615. It might be just because I'm cheap! I've go through one set of the kdw's on my SRT-4 w then I switched to the azenis and I liked them a lot better. So far I've went to two sets of azenis on different cars and I have no complaints.

turbo addict

I have the 615s on my car also and I have been very impressed with them.

Mitsu booster

I have csx wheels on it now, I'll post pics when its done..I don't want it seen right now. I like the wheels, but I know they are heavy. I'm open to suggestions, price isn't a big deal really nothing retarded like 3K for a set though.

Mitsu booster

Rice.

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Vigo's Avatar

I like the wheels a LOT, IF you fill the nascar logo.

Honestly, you wont get wheels MUCH lighter without spending more. Maybe 3 lbs a corner for your efforts at being picky? It is a fair price for what you get, even at 20 lbs a wheel.

I have some 16s weighing even more than that and i put them on my racecar, go figure. Something about how fitting a bigger tire is better than having no traction on a lighter, less wide wheels.

They make lots of wheels that are lighter and not that much more expensive. Mine are 6 lbs lighter but twice the price. The extra, what 100lbs of translated weight you can save is worth the cost to me. 6lbs per wheel may translate to more overall weight, I'm not sure. Start digging for lighter wheels and you should find some selection. They look cool though.
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

Oh and I have 215/40 x 17s' on my car so they fit.
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]