Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Opinions on KYB Shocks/Struts

Garrett booster

Re: Opinions on KYB Shocks/Struts

I'll throw in another negative for GR2 struts and stiffer springs. Bad combo, but better than blown old stock ones.

Gas-a-justs seems to work well out back with the stiffer springs though.

Hybrid booster

The GR2's aren't any performance strut. The Gas-adjust supposedly are.. but I doubt they are any better than the stockers (granted they are new). I have them on the rear of my Shelby with the stock springs (which are in quite good shape) and the back still squats badely when I hammer it. They are decent... but no comparison with the Koni's.

Gas-adjust shocks with the Bilisten struts are a good combo... from what I understand they are 2nd to the Koni's.

Hybrid booster

one thing I will throw in there is that the GR2 Gas-a-just combo with Suspension tecniques springs(linear spring) isn't bouncy at all, Having owning that setup and my current car with a Monroe Formula GP & Eibach combo I can safely say that I liked the KYB/ST combo better and may be a better choice for someone not wanting to go all out for Konis and Eibachs

Garrett booster

I Ordered the Eibach Springs and Bilstein front struts for my daytona. Do you all think that will work out. Does anyone have experiance with the bilstein struts

Quote Originally Posted by Garret
    one thing I will throw in there is that the GR2 Gas-a-just combo with Suspension tecniques springs(linear spring) isn't bouncy at all, Having owning that setup and my current car with a Monroe Formula GP & Eibach combo I can safely say that I liked the KYB/ST combo better and may be a better choice for someone not wanting to go all out for Konis and Eibachs
    That would line up with something mentioned on TD.com a while back about LRE springs and GR/2s (IIRC it was JonnyB), saying that they were a very good combo. I have both, but havn't put the springs on yet ...

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by 89turbomini
    I Ordered the Eibach Springs and Bilstein front struts for my daytona. Do you all think that will work out. Does anyone have experiance with the bilstein struts
    Which Springrate did you get? I would imagine the lower springrate ones would be fine.. not sure about the higher spring rate ones.. but Wallace (http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3820) seems to be using the KYB's with Eibach. Granted he may be using the lower spring rate as well.

Also, just to clear something up. KYB makes both a GR2 shock and strut. The Gas adjust is a different model and is better for performance than the GR2's... it is however only made for our cars as a rear shock.. no struts. That's where the Bilistien comes in. You can buy the Bilistien front shocks with the KYB Gas Adjust for a good combo.

i absolutely hate my kybs on my daytona, but i have the MP springs. i do have monroe struts on my duster with eibachs and its not too bad, but not good. I will go koni for now on....

Ok, i've read this all through, and I have a set or shocks and struts sitting dowstairs waiting to go on my l-body. from what I've gathered i need to use my stock springs with the new stuff?

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vxvxAndrewxvxv
    Ok, i've read this all through, and I have a set or shocks and struts sitting dowstairs waiting to go on my l-body. from what I've gathered i need to use my stock springs with the new stuff?
    I would.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12