Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: SoCal SDAC Meeting

Garrett booster

SoCal SDAC Meeting

Need some help Here? I will be attending the Socal meeting in June what i need the correct area to go and to stay i will also be attendign the teat and tune With Chris form TU. Please from any one form this area please Help im in the San Fransico area. need to find hotels!!

Herman
    Last edited by csx711; 05-05-2009 at 01:43 PM.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor zin's Avatar

Re: SoCal SDAC Meeting

Here's a link to a Google Maps page showing the Applebee's that the meet is held at. I don't really know about hotels, but I'm sure you can find one once you see where you'll be. Also, I'm sure other "regulars" will chime in with some suggestions. See you there!

Mike

http://maps.google.com/maps?oe=utf-8...image&resnum=1
    "The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." - Patrick Henry

Bad laws are the worst sort of tyranny.
    - Edmund Burke

turbo addict

The meeting is at applebee's in La Habra on the Imperial Highway. Last time I went I took the 57 North from the 5. Exited at Imperial highway and went west. The Street #'s start counting down and you think you've missed it but if you keep going they start going back up again and there it'll be. I can't remember the addy, or the highway # right now. Maybe one of the regulars can chime in with a better addy. If you stay anywhere in Orange County the drive isn't too bad. And Disneyland is fairly close too. It's been 2 or 3 years since I've been to a meeting and over 10 since I lived down there.

Garrett booster

Can't wait 4 more weeks!!!

Herman

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor

We all look forward to meeting you Herman. Welcome. We want to see your car too.
    John Laing

"The sole condition which is required in order to succeed in centralizing the supreme power in a democratic community, is to love equality, or to get men to believe you love it. Thus the science of despotism, which was once so complex is simplified, and reduced . . . . to a single principle."
    -- Alexis de Tocqueville

"One of the methods used by statists to destroy capitalism consists in establishing controls that tie a given industry hand and foot, making it unable to solve its problems, then declaring that freedom has failed and stronger controls are necessary."
    --Ayn Rand

"To evolve, you don't need a Constitution. All you need is a legislature and a ballot box . . . . things will evolve as much as you want. All of these changes can come about democratically; you don't need a Constitution to do that and it's not the function of a Constitution to do that."
    -- Justice Antonin Scalia

Garrett booster

Thanks im just waiting for a few parts from TU. Then i will be able to break clutch in i have to drive around the block a million times..i have this registerd as off road use...i dont want to drive on the street...but yes i have been waiting for a wile to go to a meeting.

Herman

Garrett booster

Will we have meeting in july too on the 2nd. I will be there this week to all you guys.. Cant wait!!

Herman

Quote Originally Posted by csx711 View Post
    Will we have meeting in july too on the 2nd. I will be there this week to all you guys.. Cant wait!!

Herman
    We'll see you there! Looking forward to it, I might even have the Omni functional! We'll find out tonight!

Mike
    "The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." - Patrick Henry

- Edmund Burke

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor 2.216VTurbo's Avatar

2 days to go Herman I'm actually 3 for 3 on running project cars, been a while since that has happened So, what to drive then... COnvertable weather maybe

AJ (no More Alan) 84 Rampage RT TIII/568 Quaife 87 GLHS dealer optioned Red 16V Masi/568/Quaife
    90 Masi 16V White/Ginger/Black
    89 TC Masi 16V Red/Ginger/Black
    86 GLHS #110 RoadRace Built 89 CSX-VNT Recaro Car
    89 Turbo Mini 'Woody' 85 GLHT 'RedBox'
    2014 Explorer DD'r 3.5Twin Turbo Ecoboost AWD and 500HP
    My profile page has over 20,000 views, I'm somebody LOL

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor ForzaV12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 2.216VTurbo View Post
    2 days to go Herman I'm actually 3 for 3 on running project cars, been a while since that has happened So, what to drive then... COnvertable weather maybe
    How about a TDI? Or is that a big TS, EO?
    87 GLHS ,66 Hemi Coronet, 69 Road Runner, 70 Challenger-"Vanishing Point", 68 Road Runner "Petty",69 ZL1 Corvette,2016 Scat Pack Challenger,67 Corvette vintage racer,Cadillac ATS Turbo, 66 GTO road racer,67 911S, Ford V Ferrari Porsche 906 and Ferrari P3

Quote Originally Posted by ForzaV12 View Post
    How about a TDI? Or is that a big TS, EO?
    Well, I guess I could invite the hoardes of local T-Reg owners to join our little mish-mash group but I'm not sure that gang would understand our fixation with all things turbo Mopar There are like 30,000. members on ClubTouareg.com but if you take out all the 'what oil should I use' and the 'what is the best wax' posts, there's like 10 actual posts per day Not like here where we have all the content like 'your header doesn't make any more power than my cast manifold' posts.

AJ (no More Alan) 84 Rampage RT TIII/568 Quaife 87 GLHS dealer optioned Red 16V Masi/568/Quaife

Alan - Should I bring your leftover beans?
    John Laing

"The sole condition which is required in order to succeed in centralizing the supreme power in a democratic community, is to love equality, or to get men to believe you love it. Thus the science of despotism, which was once so complex is simplified, and reduced . . . . to a single principle."
    -- Alexis de Tocqueville

"One of the methods used by statists to destroy capitalism consists in establishing controls that tie a given industry hand and foot, making it unable to solve its problems, then declaring that freedom has failed and stronger controls are necessary."
    --Ayn Rand

"To evolve, you don't need a Constitution. All you need is a legislature and a ballot box . . . . things will evolve as much as you want. All of these changes can come about democratically; you don't need a Constitution to do that and it's not the function of a Constitution to do that."

Quote Originally Posted by johnl View Post
    Alan - Should I bring your leftover beans?
    Hey, you sadi to make enough for 50 people-so I did They are good for a couple weeks in the fridge or until you wake up vomiting violently at night four hours after eating them, whichever comes first ya know

Quote Originally Posted by 2.216VTurbo View Post
    Hey, you sadi to make enough for 50 people-so I did They are good for a couple weeks in the fridge or until you wake up vomiting violently at night four hours after eating them, whichever comes first ya know

Yeah, you did make enough for 50, except you made em after some of the 50 had ate other food

In truth, I ate em for a couple days and the dog's been lovin' 'em for a week. Today she got to lick/scrape the burnt beans off the bottom of the 5 gallon pot. She came up for air with beans stickin to her ears!
    John Laing

-- Alexis de Tocqueville

--Ayn Rand

Garrett booster

I would to say Thank you to the Socal Group I enjoyed my first meeting. I will be back for July 2..

Herman

Happy to have you there! I think next time will have a higher turnout, that is if most don't go somewhere for the 4th of July... Guess we'll see when we go!

Mike

- Edmund Burke

Hybrid booster

I know I am coming for July, since friday is a work holiday for me. I would have come last night for the first time in a loong time, but was signing escrow papers and load documents. I close on my new place very soon!

Quote Originally Posted by tommyturbo View Post
    I know I am coming for July, since friday is a work holiday for me. I would have come last night for the first time in a loong time, but was signing escrow papers and load documents. I close on my new place very soon!
    Congrats!! Is it your 1st? Hopefully you got a "normal" mortgage and will have many happy years there!

Mike

- Edmund Burke

Quote Originally Posted by tommyturbo View Post

Nice Can I keep some project cars at your place? You must have what, 30 acres up there in high desert

Quote Originally Posted by csx711 View Post
    I would to say Thank you to the Socal Group I enjoyed my first meeting. I will be back for July 2..

Herman
    Herman,

It was nice to finally meet you and talk cars face to face for a change. We will see you and Ray in August, maybe!

Chris-TU
    Chris Wright www.TurbosUnleashed.com Chris@TurbosUnleashed.com 602-76-BOOST Tech/Sales#: Monday-Saturday 9AM-7PM MST Proudly Serving the Turbo-Mopar Community since 1997 TU is a performance, not marketing company. We provide accurate performance data on all our performance products. Fabricating data to make us appear better is just not our style. Do the research before you buy. ROCK BOTTOM PRICES WITHOUT THE HIDDEN HANDLING FEES.... -----HOME OF THE 9 SECOND FWD T-M CLUTCH-----

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast