Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Digi dash, us and export mode?

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor Darkapollo's Avatar

Digi dash, us and export mode?

I noticed a switch on the back of my digi dash marked US and EXPORT. what is the differance? i can change from us to metric with a dash button..

boostaholic

Re: Digi dash, us and export mode?

US mode keeps the speedo from reading above 85MPH and activating the flux capacitor at 88MPH. Flip it over to EXPORT to enjoy time travel and speedo readings past 85MPH.

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by iangoround View Post
    US mode keeps the speedo from reading above 85MPH and activating the flux capacitor at 88MPH. Flip it over to EXPORT to enjoy time travel and speedo readings past 85MPH.
    +1 just make sure you dont blow the welds on the intake maifold lol

turbo addict

don't put wiskey in the tank, it'll blow the fuel injection manifold and take a month to rebuild it.

So basically i want to leave it on export mode. lol.

boostaholic

Yes, but make sure you have some extra plutonium on hand (if you don't have a mr. fusion installed) and check the time travel computer settings to make sure you don't end up in 1885!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkapollo View Post
    So basically i want to leave it on export mode. lol.

Lol. though if i went back to 1986 i could get me a real low mile glhs

boostaholic

There is that. Just make sure you bring all your tools with you to transfer the flux capacitor and nuclear reactor in to your new wheels.

turbo addict

Oh yeah with export mode you could actually know the car could go 118 with a T1 log and 525.. It was nice to know when you were flying versus guess after 85. I never did go fast enough to develop the 1.21 gigawatts necessary to activate the flex capacitor though. I here they will be selling Mr. Fusion at Wal-Mart soon. Made in china.
    [FONT="Arial Black"][/FONT] ____________________________________________ 92 Voyager LE 3.3/A604 luxury liner 185k [COLOR="Red"]"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin[/COLOR] [COLOR="White"]"It's not tyranny we desire; it's a just, limited, federal government." Alexander Hamilton[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]Support our economy-BUY AMERICA: [url]http://nortonsusa.com/[/url][/COLOR]

turbo addict

flex capacitor? that what arnold has?

Boost, it's what's for dinner... Turbo Mopar Staff Aries_Turbo's Avatar

i thank this thread for reminding me to flip the switch to "export" in my daytona before i put the dash trim back on.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman
    This one is easy, I have myself to blame, I rush things, don't pay attention to gauges when I should, change to much stuff at once then expect miracles, the list is endless.

So.. what is the max it will read to? i have to change mine back

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor 85lebaront2's Avatar

I'm not sure on the G body, but on the K and it's clones, unless you have the front section for export it goes 99, 00, 01, 02 etc. My son reported that he got my Konvertible to 21 passing some idiots at the Springfield Va interchange (aka mixing bowl) who tried to cut him off. Apparently if you leave it on US it goes blank over 85.

turbo addict

I think it will go to 199 in export mode. It reads that high because when you switch to kilometers per hour only going to 100km is 60 mph.. 62.1371192 if you want to get picky..
    [FONT="Arial Black"][/FONT] ____________________________________________ 92 Voyager LE 3.3/A604 luxury liner 185k [COLOR="Red"]"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin[/COLOR] [COLOR="White"]"It's not tyranny we desire; it's a just, limited, federal government." Alexander Hamilton[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]Support our economy-BUY AMERICA: [url]http://nortonsusa.com/[/url][/COLOR]

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor 85lebaront2's Avatar

If you go into metric it probably will, but on english it goes to 00 at 100 mph.

turbo addict

In export mode I had it reading over 100 mph. I'm assuming you mean in US mode it will only go to 100.

Hybrid booster

I had my 85 laser TII laser display 141mph in export mode. I should have switched it to kph to see how high the numbers go but at that speed my hands stayed on the wheel.

Mitsu booster

I just want to let you know that I have benefited from the information here. Thanks a lot.

Boost, it's what's for dinner... Turbo Mopar Staff Aries_Turbo's Avatar

with my 87 daytona digi dash, there was no export mode. there was no switch. i had the whole thing apart. its doesnt matter much though cause part of that digi gauge cluster didnt work. the cel/turn signals/high beam indicators. i stole the connectors off the back of the board, grabbed some stock mech dash connectors and soldered up some adapters. i have a 89 lebaron analog mech gauge cluster in my daytona now without cutting the daytona wiring at all.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman
    This one is easy, I have myself to blame, I rush things, don't pay attention to gauges when I should, change to much stuff at once then expect miracles, the list is endless.

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aries_Turbo View Post
    with my 87 daytona digi dash, there was no export mode. there was no switch. i had the whole thing apart. its doesnt matter much though cause part of that digi gauge cluster didnt work. the cel/turn signals/high beam indicators. i stole the connectors off the back of the board, grabbed some stock mech dash connectors and soldered up some adapters. i have a 89 lebaron analog mech gauge cluster in my daytona now without cutting the daytona wiring at all.

Brian
    Did you take pics as you went?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast