Thread: 89 White T-Top Shelby Daytona Ohio

Authorized Vendor Turbo Mopar Vendor mario03SRT's Avatar

89 White T-Top Shelby Daytona Ohio

All,

I'm offering for sale a 89 White Shelby Daytona w/ T Tops.

NEW PRICE : $1200.00. I have a eye on another car.

The car is currently setup with a new 2.2 and a A413 slushy with a 2.2T1 SMEC.

Engine - This car has a brand new Jasper Reman shortblock. It's an 85 block with a 6 bolt crank and .040 over Sealed Performance Cast Pistons. The 782 cyl head came off my other Daytona which had been rebuilt 3 years ago and is in fine shape. Poly Engine mounts. Oversized 11mm MP head bolts, 005 MP gasket.

Tranny - This 413 is a Mopar Reman from some time ago per a data plate on the box. It shifts perfectly. No leaks just goodness.

Fuel/Boost - The car has a fairly new Mitsu Snail/Wga. No excess play a solid turbo! There is a Accufab Adj Regulator and a Grainger Valve on the car hooked into a billet vacuum block. Car is currently set to 14 psi and fuel set at 60 psi to compensate.

Airflow - Car is using a TII I/C and an alum upper cold pipe with a T1 Bov stuck on for good measure Also the car is fitted with a CAI with a KN on the end!

Steering - Newer PS Pump and a NEW Steering Rack.

Exhaust - a 2.5" DP No Cat with a Cherry Bomb and side exit.

Other - New turbo coolant lines and oil lines. New water pump, timing belt, spark plugs and wires, thermostat, oil sending unit, HEP, belts, lower I/C pipe, coolant, tranny fluid, mani bolts, all top end gaskets. New front flex brake lines and calipers.

NO LEAKS!

Body - Is pretty straight except for the pass door. I have a white non T Top door with a very good skin on it. The drive door could use new hinge pins and I have a new set for the car. That I'll toss in. The T Tops are currently sealed in place and do not remove as is. The car has been repaired underneath by the previous owner who used sheetmetal/rivets/sealant. I put a little work on the rear qtrs also. It's a 10-20 foot car so to speak.

Interior - Pretty decent. Needs a radio, the stocker quit on me.

This car gets 31 mph and with the gearing rolls out very nicely on the highway. 2600 @ 70 mph This is perfect for a car to drive every day or dive into to fix up all the way.

Come and get it and drive it anywhere!

Marion Hutzel
    Cincinnati Ohio
    SDAC OVC

Last edited by mario03SRT; 04-25-2009 at 08:30 PM.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor j4278h's Avatar

Re: 89 White T-Top Shelby Daytona Ohio

so this has the 86 and older small spline trans and axles in it correct?

Well thats what I'm thinking being a 6 bolt engine and only had 3 bolt tc on those which was small spline 86 and older.

but I am getting pretty rusty on the specs.

Hybrid booster

Free bump for Marion! I rode in this car a few weeks back and its as described. Would be a real nice dd.

Quote Originally Posted by j4278h View Post
    so this has the 86 and older small spline trans and axles in it correct?

Well thats what I'm thinking being a 6 bolt engine and only had 3 bolt tc on those which was small spline 86 and older.

but I am getting pretty rusty on the specs.
    The car had a 89 2.5 in it when I got it. The old engine and tranny came out of a 89 LeBaron. The 2.5 took a poop so we did the swap. The car still has the 89 tranny in it.

FYI,
    Marion

Reduced to 1200.00