Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Logworks plugin for logic modules

boostaholic Turbo Mopar Contributor

Re: Logworks plugin for logic modules

Quote Originally Posted by ShelGame View Post
    TRS-80!? Me too. My best friend had one (we couldn't afford one) and we wrote our own Zork-type games.
    Man, you guys were hard core. I used to just write loops to print obnoxious sutff to the screen a million times over. Then again, I probably wasn't old enough to understand games like Zork at that point. Zork was a little before my time. I was using the TRS-80 (I believe it was actually a Coco incarnation thereof) when they released the 386SX and was still in elementary school.

Visit www.boostbutton.com... Turbo Mopar Contributor ShelGame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by risen View Post
    Man, you guys were hard core. I used to just write loops to print obnoxious sutff to the screen a million times over. Then again, I probably wasn't old enough to understand games like Zork at that point. Zork was a little before my time. I was using the TRS-80 (I believe it was actually a Coco incarnation thereof) when they released the 386SX and was still in elementary school.

Ha, I'm old! I remember when we got the first 386 in our auto lab (aka; F-SAE team shop/pit of despair) in college. It was a big deal! AutoCAD was actually useable in real time...

Of course, I also remember when computer ram was a good deal at less than $40/megabyte...
    https://db.tt/SV7ONZpQ
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

Hybrid booster

TRS-80!? Me too. My best friend had one (we couldn't afford one) and we wrote our own Zork-type games.
    HA! Zork...
    Awesome game for the imagination...

Thanks for the LW plugin. This would be great for the CSX. Can it log spark timing as well? This is really the only important variable I am missing in the LW logs.

Heroes never die, they just reload! Turbo Mopar Staff Frank's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stratman View Post
    Thanks for the LW plugin. This would be great for the CSX. Can it log spark timing as well? This is really the only important variable I am missing in the LW logs.
    Here is a dashboard if you need one.
    http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=36011
    Frank Katzenberger
    Squirrel Performance - Home of the best turbo calc!!!
    http://www.squirrelpf.com

91 Daytona Shelby - It is getting there

87 Shelby CSX #418 - Near stock is a good thing!

94 Bronco 302 XLT - Shorty Headers, 3" exhaust, cold air intake, & Soft top

"... to get the best out of it, you have to go beyond the line. Where bravery becomes insanity. Shall I turn into this hairpin bend at a 100mph? Why not!"

Visit the new Knowledge Center today!

Check out the one and only Shelby Dodge Registry!

This might be useful info for you, too: http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/sh...&postcount=700
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

Quote Originally Posted by Stratman View Post
    HA! Zork...
    Awesome game for the imagination...

Timing is loggable. There's no translation being done for it in this version of the software, so I think you'll have to divide whatever you see in logworks by 2.

Rob, I'm working on building the ram maps into the program and I noticed some missing short names from the database you exported. I'm not sure if it's bad in the DB or if the problem's an artifact of the export procedure, but the ones I've found are missing are listed below.

At some point I'd like to be able to just parse apart the db files as you dumped them so both minidash and the logworks plugin can be updated, but that will be a little ways off. I'd like to get it working with hard-coded maps first.

missing shortname on line: ,364,8,,,,"TPS 2",127,,,,,,"7F",
    missing shortname on line: ,373,8,,,,"Charge Temperature",141,-60,259,"F",,,"8D",
    missing shortname on line: ,374,8,,,,"Battery Volts Target",142,0,16,"volts",,,"8E",
    missing shortname on line: ,378,8,,,,"Time since Start",110,,,"sec",,,"6E",
    missing shortname on line: ,386,8,,,,"WOT Boost Target",193,0,14.7,"psi",,,"C1",
    missing shortname on line: ,391,9,,,,"MAP Reading",134,0,29.4,"psi",,,"86",
    missing shortname on line: ,400,9,,,,"Battery Volts Target",148,0,16,"volts",,,"94",

Rob, I'm working on building the ram maps into the program and I noticed some missing short names from the database you exported. I'm not sure if it's bad in the DB or if the problem's an artifact of the export procedure, but the ones I've found are missing are listed below.

At some point I'd like to be able to just parse apart the db files as you dumped them so both minidash and the logworks plugin can be updated, but that will be a little ways off. I'd like to get it working with hard-coded maps first.

missing shortname on line: ,364,8,,,,"TPS 2",127,,,,,,"7F",
    missing shortname on line: ,373,8,,,,"Charge Temperature",141,-60,259,"F",,,"8D",
    missing shortname on line: ,374,8,,,,"Battery Volts Target",142,0,16,"volts",,,"8E",
    missing shortname on line: ,378,8,,,,"Time since Start",110,,,"sec",,,"6E",
    missing shortname on line: ,386,8,,,,"WOT Boost Target",193,0,14.7,"psi",,,"C1",
    missing shortname on line: ,391,9,,,,"MAP Reading",134,0,29.4,"psi",,,"86",
    missing shortname on line: ,400,9,,,,"Battery Volts Target",148,0,16,"volts",,,"94",
    I wouldn't worry about MiniDash. It's difficult at best to automate the update of the databases from Excel.

As for the shortnames, those are both from the '85 (8) and '86(9) T1 LM's. That was the best info I had, and it looks like it's not really quite right. There are 2 ram locations shown for TPS, Charge Temp, and boost target. I didn't have much confidence in those addresses, so I probably just left them blank.
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

I wouldn't worry about MiniDash. It's difficult at best to automate the update of the databases from Excel.

As for the shortnames, those are both from the '85 (8) and '86(9) T1 LM's. That was the best info I had, and it looks like it's not really quite right. There are 2 ram locations shown for TPS, Charge Temp, and boost target. I didn't have much confidence in those addresses, so I probably just left them blank.
    Yeah, I actually dumped the TPS 2 line, since it had the same address as the line above it (I forget what it was). Otherwise I just matched the shortnames to whatever the other maps had for a shortname (CTV, etc).

I think you'll just want to make sure you don't have 2 of the same shortname for a given varibale map. That could cause confusion...
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

I'm pretty sure I've gotten that problem sorted. I took a unique list of shortnames and pulled the addresses for each shortname out of the file for each of the 15 types. I've got all 15 maps stored in a 59x15 2d array.

Was there a difference between the entries that had a "MAP" shortname and a "MAP " shortname? I couldn't figure out what the deal was with the added space on some of them and just removed the space.

I'm pretty sure I've gotten that problem sorted. I took a unique list of shortnames and pulled the addresses for each shortname out of the file for each of the 15 types. I've got all 15 maps stored in a 59x15 2d array.

Was there a difference between the entries that had a "MAP" shortname and a "MAP " shortname? I couldn't figure out what the deal was with the added space on some of them and just removed the space.
    No difference. It's probably just from when I pasted those in from the assy files or the Palm database.
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

Ok, it's getting closer. I've got about 600 lines of additional code (400 or so of that just string constants, ewww) and a whole lot of checkboxes now .

Rob: can you give me quick instructions on how to set up a smec on the bench so I can test with it? I'm pretty sure the smec I have is a T2 smec from an 89 Lebaron GTC. Are the pins you have wired up in your bench test thread all I'll need to get the serial interface up and running against it? And can I use a 12V ac adapter to run the smec on the bench?

I'd like to do some limited testing before I turn this over and drive everyone nuts with software that wasn't tested. I'd like to have it out so people can mess with it this weekend, but that may not be feasible. Nothing like slippage on software release dates, lol.

Ok, it's getting closer. I've got about 600 lines of additional code (400 or so of that just string constants, ewww) and a whole lot of checkboxes now .

Rob: can you give me quick instructions on how to set up a smec on the bench so I can test with it? I'm pretty sure the smec I have is a T2 smec from an 89 Lebaron GTC. Are the pins you have wired up in your bench test thread all I'll need to get the serial interface up and running against it? And can I use a 12V ac adapter to run the smec on the bench?

I'd like to do some limited testing before I turn this over and drive everyone nuts with software that wasn't tested. I'd like to have it out so people can mess with it this weekend, but that may not be feasible. Nothing like slippage on software release dates, lol.
    Here's how I wired my bench rig:

1) GND to pin 5 on the 60-way
    2) 12V to pins 12 (FJ2) and 52 (8V power - this is the main SMEC power supply)
    3) Rx into pin 31 and Tx into pin 51
    4) I put a LED on pin 13 (5V sensor supply line) so I know when the SMEC is powered up; but this is not required, just helpful
    5) I also put a LED on pin 59 (Check Engine Light output) so I could see if it would flash codes out as an indication that it was running properly (which it does).
    6) I also have 24V going into the bootstrap pin. But, you won't need this unless you want to read the cal off the SMEC with D-Cal or SMECFlash.

Since you want to test serial coms with a SMEC, you might need to do a little more. Pin 58 is the ASD input signal. I think the SMEC goes into an idle mode if theres no input on that pin. So, you may need to put 12v there as well. Possibly on a switch so you can try it either way. It's been a while since I looked at the DRB code - I can't remember which tests will run with the engine off. I don't think test 0x12 will run. If it doesn't, try putting 12v on the ASD input as you power it up.
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

Garrett booster

Wow that's great an auto-id driver. I ran your last driver (4/20) and the first error is "cannot find MFC70D.dll". I have a copy of VS 2003 .Net and was going to install it, but then I read you were working on the driver and decided to leave the laptop as a clean test-bed. Is there any way to package up the MFC and other libraries into the EXE? A 1 to 2 meg exe is better than deploying a bunch of dlls. I'll be around this weekend, so I can help test.

Quote Originally Posted by jpcturbo View Post
    Wow that's great an auto-id driver. I ran your last driver (4/20) and the first error is "cannot find MFC70D.dll". I have a copy of VS 2003 .Net and was going to install it, but then I read you were working on the driver and decided to leave the laptop as a clean test-bed. Is there any way to package up the MFC and other libraries into the EXE? A 1 to 2 meg exe is better than deploying a bunch of dlls. I'll be around this weekend, so I can help test.
    I was afraid of that (see my PS in the first post). I need to compile it as a release version and it should clear up that error. I'm 99% certian your system is complaining because the .exe is linked against the debug libraries, hence the 'D' before the .dll. Since your system doesn't have the compiler and libs installed it fails because it can't load the lib.

I shouldn't need to do anything but switch to "Release" mode and recompile. Note the double quotes, for added sarcasam . I'm not using anything too exotic, so once it's working well all anyone should need is an install of logworks. I'd prefer just to distribute the .exe like you mentioned. I'll see what it takes to statically link the .exe (compile in the library functions) if it's going to require external libs. But I think release mode should be all that's needed.

I can try and compile a release version of the 4/20 version if you want, it's a matter of a few clicks to do it. LMK if you want a release version of that.

Garrett booster

I can try and compile a release version of the 4/20 version if you want, it's a matter of a few clicks to do it. LMK if you want a release version of that.
    When your at point you can do it, yes that would be great.

I updated the .zip in the first post. Try the .exe in the 'Release' subdir in the archive. Hopefully it works out better. I wouldn't spend much time on the code though, the new stuff is re-written pretty substantially.

Here's how I wired my bench rig:

1) GND to pin 5 on the 60-way
    2) 12V to pins 12 (FJ2) and 52 (8V power - this is the main SMEC power supply)
    3) Rx into pin 31 and Tx into pin 51
    4) I put a LED on pin 13 (5V sensor supply line) so I know when the SMEC is powered up; but this is not required, just helpful
    5) I also put a LED on pin 59 (Check Engine Light output) so I could see if it would flash codes out as an indication that it was running properly (which it does).
    6) I also have 24V going into the bootstrap pin. But, you won't need this unless you want to read the cal off the SMEC with D-Cal or SMECFlash.

Since you want to test serial coms with a SMEC, you might need to do a little more. Pin 58 is the ASD input signal. I think the SMEC goes into an idle mode if theres no input on that pin. So, you may need to put 12v there as well. Possibly on a switch so you can try it either way. It's been a while since I looked at the DRB code - I can't remember which tests will run with the engine off. I don't think test 0x12 will run. If it doesn't, try putting 12v on the ASD input as you power it up.
    Ok, I got it to light a led with the +5v sensor and ground. Everything seems like it's OK on the bench now that I've figured out that pin 11 is a dead hole . I'm going to do some more testing and see if I can get a basic auto-id with the bench setup.

Ok, I got it to light a led with the +5v sensor and ground. Everything seems like it's OK on the bench now that I've figured out that pin 11 is a dead hole . I'm going to do some more testing and see if I can get a basic auto-id with the bench setup.
    Yeah, pin 11 is the bootstap pin. If you put 24V there, it will go into bootstrap mode and (obviously) none of the stock code will run.
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast