Thread: stalling issue

stalling issue

hi guys

friend of mine owns a 99 stratus es with the 2.5 v6/4spd. he has a stalling issue that has both of us puzzled. if he starts it up and lets it idle, it will stall after ten minutes. it restarts up and is fine. if he is driving in traffic the motor will just cut out and sometimes he doesnt even know the motor died. today he went out, hit the gas and went wot and the tranny kicked down and he let off the has soon after and when coming up to the traffic light the motor stalled. the odd thing to all this is that the cruise control light comes on when the motor stalls. it takes 30-45 seconds before the car will restart. ever heard of anything like this before? i did a google search for this and it seems many chrysler products have the cruise light come on when or before the motor stalls, but i havent found an answer as to why this happends. could it be a cam sensor or pcm on its way out?

thanks for the help
    bernie

Re: stalling issue

the problem turned out to be the crank sensor. the crank, cam and speed sensor all share the same 8v from the pcm. when one goes it causes the others to give faulty signals and the pcm shuts it all down as it doesnt know whats going on. anyways, replaced the crank after some effort and everythings well. the cam and crank sensor are the same part incase anyone else has been having these issues.

bernie