Thread: looking for source for female 1/4" terminals

turbo addict

looking for source for female 1/4" terminals

I'm doing some rebuilding of electrical harnesses and am looking for bulk packaging of common Chrysler electrical connectors. Specifically at the moment 1/4" female locking lug terminals. NOT looking for the pack of five connectors at my local auto parts store. Something more like packs of 100 or so. Anyone have a source?
    Todd

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor zin's Avatar

Re: looking for source for female 1/4" terminals

While I don't know if these guys have what you're looking for, if you call/email them with a picture or part number/description, they just might have it, even if it doesn't show up on the website. Anyway, here are the links:

http://www.delcity.net/
    http://terminalsupplyco.com

Mike
    "The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." - Patrick Henry

Bad laws are the worst sort of tyranny.
    - Edmund Burke

turbo addict

Have you try Ebay Todd? Sometimes they have deals on bulk packs of things.

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo3Iroc View Post
    Have you try Ebay Todd? Sometimes they have deals on bulk packs of things.
    Hi Kelly,
    Yep tried there, don't seem to have much in the way of OEM style connectors.

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

Motormite makes them in one of their lines... just need to contact a distributor maybe?

EDIT: search for Motormite or Dorman...

EDIT X2 heres the set but listed as male?:

https://www.dormanproducts.com/cgi-b...st=1444:1118:0

EDIT X3 Female

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by zin View Post
    While I don't know if these guys have what you're looking for, if you call/email them with a picture or part number/description, they just might have it, even if it doesn't show up on the website. Anyway, here are the links:

http://www.delcity.net/
    http://terminalsupplyco.com

Mike
    Mike,
    Thanks for the links. I have a email with pic out to Terminal Supply. Hopefully they will have what I'm looking for.
    Todd

turbo addict

Thanks JT from taking the time to look these up,
    Yep that's what I'm looking for, but to also fit everything from 12 gauge to 20 gauge wire. Looks like Dorman is showing the 14-16 gauge terminal only. The factory used at least three maybe four different sized terminals to fit the wire gauge range. Found a company called FMSI in Canada, but they are wholesale only. Maybe I can find a distributor for them in the states. Can't believe this is turning to be such a hunt.
    Todd

Quote Originally Posted by BadAssPerformance View Post
    Motormite makes them in one of their lines... just need to contact a distributor maybe?

EDIT: search for Motormite or Dorman...

EDIT X2 heres the set but listed as male?:

EDIT X3 Female

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 4 l-bodies View Post
    Thanks JT from taking the time to look these up,
    Yep that's what I'm looking for, but to also fit everything from 12 gauge to 20 gauge wire. Looks like Dorman is showing the 14-16 gauge terminal only. The factory used at least three maybe four different sized terminals to fit the wire gauge range. Found a company called FMSI in Canada, but they are wholesale only. Maybe I can find a distributor for them in the states. Can't believe this is turning to be such a hunt.
    Todd
    No problem I've done a bit of 50-way connector surgery too, usually just scavange from old harnesses tho True, the 'power' wires are 12 gauge. If the metal thickness is the same could just solder to them if they dont completely crimp around the larger 12 or smaller 20 wires? Yeah, not too many people replace these, LOL, just weirdos like us on this forum! Let us know if you find a place to get them

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor zin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 4 l-bodies View Post
    ...Found a company called FMSI in Canada, but they are wholesale only. Maybe I can find a distributor for them in the states. Can't believe this is turning to be such a hunt.
    Todd
    If they only want to deal with a business, PM me with their info and what you want/quantities and I'll call them from work and order them. Sometimes being the purchaser (amongst many other things) can come in handy!

Mike

PS Are these the terminals for the bulkhead or the engine to body harness connectors?
    "The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." - Patrick Henry

Bad laws are the worst sort of tyranny.
    - Edmund Burke

boostaholic

Maybe a group buy is a good idea, I'd love to find factory type connectors. Especially the connectors for a SMEC as I work like to make a completely new wiring harness. Here's another place, http://www.thecliplink.com/index.php...&cid=0&q=16804

turbo addict

Mike,
    Yes these are on the interior side of the bulkhead connector. The male side (with the hole in it) is in the engine compartment side of the engine harness. These connectors both male and female are also in many different areas underhood. Injector harness, TPS, ASD, etc. Pretty much the areas that aren't a weather-tight connector.
    Thanks for your offer. I will give it a couple / few days and see what surfaces.
    Todd

Quote Originally Posted by zin View Post
    If they only want to deal with a business, PM me with their info and what you want/quantities and I'll call them from work and order them. Sometimes being the purchaser (amongst many other things) can come in handy!

Mike

PS Are these the terminals for the bulkhead or the engine to body harness connectors?

Super Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff 135sohc's Avatar

Auveco catalog

They sell tons of stuff for our cars, most in bulk form. order from cliplink.com