Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: TM/TD Party! 5/23/09, So Cal, Electric Go Karts, BBQ, Beverages

Hybrid booster

Re: TM/TD Party! 5/23/09, So Cal, Electric Go Karts, BBQ, Beverages

How funny, mine took a dump on the way to work about 2 months ago, at 74K? I was able to coast off the next off ramp, but it would hardly move after I had to come to a stop. Had it towed. The tps has been acting up lately, and causes a funky issue when coming to a stop, but no codes for that yet. When it's on a scanner it shows erratic throttle inputs when idle and no one is touching the gas.
    This time I was leaving my house very light throttle and it just felt like it stumbled shifting into 3rd...then it started to run very ruff, no power, and sounds like it is running on two-three cylinders. But it's a dog. If you rev much to try to get moving it vibrates very badly. Think it might be fuel pump/filter issue...the plugs and wires are all new....and there are no codes.

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by tommyturbo View Post
    How funny, mine took a dump on the way to work about 2 months ago, at 74K? I was able to coast off the next off ramp, but it would hardly move after I had to come to a stop. Had it towed. The tps has been acting up lately, and causes a funky issue when coming to a stop, but no codes for that yet. When it's on a scanner it shows erratic throttle inputs when idle and no one is touching the gas.
    This time I was leaving my house very light throttle and it just felt like it stumbled shifting into 3rd...then it started to run very ruff, no power, and sounds like it is running on two-three cylinders. But it's a dog. If you rev much to try to get moving it vibrates very badly. Think it might be fuel pump/filter issue...the plugs and wires are all new....and there are no codes.
    is this a constant miss around 3rd gear or does it happen "now and again"?
    what's the O2 saying whilr you have the irratic throttle input?

Note: hijack is for the bump. And as I write this edit, I relize I should have just pm'd you badgers dad....

Hybrid booster

was accelerating lazyly it felt like a shift to third, then it started running rough. drove back to the house on what sounds like 2-3 cylinders. It's a constant thing, even in park or neutral. I haven't had a chance to get the scanner on it since this happened, waiting on my friend. No codes from using the ignition key.

Hybrid booster

I never have a shifting issue, it's when I come back to a stop sometimes that the tps acts up. and the idle is jumpy and rough, then if you touch the gas slightly it drops down to normal and smooths out. This is the issue I was having before the current one.

boostaholic

So John how many people signed up for the carts ?

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor

30, we have 15 from SoCalTM and 15 from the burntheedge sportbike folks.

I have to go tell the track that we're triplin the party - they're gonna make me boost the deposit to bump the reservation.
    John Laing

"The sole condition which is required in order to succeed in centralizing the supreme power in a democratic community, is to love equality, or to get men to believe you love it. Thus the science of despotism, which was once so complex is simplified, and reduced . . . . to a single principle."
    -- Alexis de Tocqueville

"One of the methods used by statists to destroy capitalism consists in establishing controls that tie a given industry hand and foot, making it unable to solve its problems, then declaring that freedom has failed and stronger controls are necessary."
    --Ayn Rand

"To evolve, you don't need a Constitution. All you need is a legislature and a ballot box . . . . things will evolve as much as you want. All of these changes can come about democratically; you don't need a Constitution to do that and it's not the function of a Constitution to do that."
    -- Justice Antonin Scalia

Here's are the entries, not including the BTE sportbike folk -

Guy C
    Guy's Webmaster (maybe)
    Butch S
    Thomas G
    Alan J
    Patrick P
    Boyd G (Alex??)
    Steve (Caprice?)
    Mike F
    Rosie (plus 3 - rstwng, maxima, evo ???)
    Lance
    Branden
    Scotty
    TommyTurbo
    Me

Other non-TM/non - BTE
    Shelby T
    Mystery Guest & son Ethan
    Bud C (Saab)
    Bruce L (GPRRA)
    Bruce W
    Richard W
    Robert F (GPRRA)
    Ron P
    Ron G (De Soto)
    Last edited by johnl; 05-11-2009 at 09:29 PM.
    John Laing

"The sole condition which is required in order to succeed in centralizing the supreme power in a democratic community, is to love equality, or to get men to believe you love it. Thus the science of despotism, which was once so complex is simplified, and reduced . . . . to a single principle."
    -- Alexis de Tocqueville

"One of the methods used by statists to destroy capitalism consists in establishing controls that tie a given industry hand and foot, making it unable to solve its problems, then declaring that freedom has failed and stronger controls are necessary."
    --Ayn Rand

"To evolve, you don't need a Constitution. All you need is a legislature and a ballot box . . . . things will evolve as much as you want. All of these changes can come about democratically; you don't need a Constitution to do that and it's not the function of a Constitution to do that."

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by rosie View Post
    is this a constant miss around 3rd gear or does it happen "now and again"?
    what's the O2 saying whilr you have the irratic throttle input?

Note: hijack is for the bump. And as I write this edit, I relize I should have just pm'd you badgers dad....
    Computer is dropping #4 cylinder. Not sure why but the injector is being pulsed erratically like mad, but not when it should, computer is not setting any misfire codes. Going to try swapping the factory computer back in. I posted a thread on how to get chrsyler to warranty the stage one computer if thats the problem. I'm really pissed off right now. But looking forward to meeting everyone.

Re: TM/TD Party! 5/23/09 1:00pm, Save Time - pre-register

OK, we have 41 declared kart racers.

So we don't have 40 or 50 people trying to sign up at 1:10 pm, you should sit in the comfort of your home/office and pre-register.

1. Go to http://www.mb2raceway.com
    2. Upper Right, Click on "Sylmar"
    3. Upper Right click on "Register Online"
    4. Fill boxes with all your intimate details
    5. Use Event Code 180891
    John Laing

-- Alexis de Tocqueville

--Ayn Rand

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

Done

boostaholic

Damn, this is gonna be a BIG PARTY !!!!!!

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor zin's Avatar

Done!
    "The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." - Patrick Henry

Bad laws are the worst sort of tyranny.
    - Edmund Burke

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor 2.216VTurbo's Avatar

Done also Some guy just set the track record today, 27.57, more than 2 seconds ahead of the 'average lap time' guy prolly weighs like 90

AJ (no More Alan) 84 Rampage RT TIII/568 Quaife 87 GLHS dealer optioned Red 16V Masi/568/Quaife
    90 Masi 16V White/Ginger/Black
    89 TC Masi 16V Red/Ginger/Black
    86 GLHS #110 RoadRace Built 89 CSX-VNT Recaro Car
    89 Turbo Mini 'Woody' 85 GLHT 'RedBox'
    2014 Explorer DD'r 3.5Twin Turbo Ecoboost AWD and 500HP
    My profile page has over 20,000 views, I'm somebody LOL

Hybrid booster

Done

Cool Re: TM/TD Party! 5/23/09, So Cal, Electric Go Karts, BBQ, Beverages

I'm in!

Mitsu booster

Question Re: TM/TD Party! 5/23/09, So Cal, Electric Go Karts, BBQ, Beverages

Hey, do you have room for another racer? Thanks, Myron

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor 2.216VTurbo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cheesehead View Post

Only if this racer drives a Rampage C'mon down Myron Sylmar is practically your backyard...

AJ (no More Alan) 84 Rampage RT TIII/568 Quaife 87 GLHS dealer optioned Red 16V Masi/568/Quaife
    90 Masi 16V White/Ginger/Black
    89 TC Masi 16V Red/Ginger/Black
    86 GLHS #110 RoadRace Built 89 CSX-VNT Recaro Car
    89 Turbo Mini 'Woody' 85 GLHT 'RedBox'
    2014 Explorer DD'r 3.5Twin Turbo Ecoboost AWD and 500HP
    My profile page has over 20,000 views, I'm somebody LOL

Quote Originally Posted by cheesehead View Post
    Yes - go to the link for MB2raceways in the post above, register and put in the event code. Down load and print the maps too.

Bring a side dish. If it needs refrigeration, then drop it at my house at 1:00before you go to the karts. My house is about a mile from the karts.
    John Laing

-- Alexis de Tocqueville

--Ayn Rand

Banned Turbo Mopar Contributor

wow this sounds like a sick asssss go kart track!!!!

i should have arranged a visit with the family in nevada!!!! lol

did u get them parts by any chance yet john??

Hybrid booster

Hey All,
    So should I just meet everybody at the Kart place, or at John's first? I wasn't sure what the exact plan is.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast