Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: huge TII and TBI parts bonanza! woo! TII rods turbos cranks smecs....

Garrett booster

TII rods, turbo, crank, smec, 2pc, airbox, 555 shifter, tbi roller cam/rckrs...

As some of you know, I have been accumulating parts for the past month or so with the intention of converting my 88 tbi auto horizon over to TII status. Well, I have changed my plans for the car fairly drastically.. to the point that none of my turbo dodge stuff is going to be useful for what the car is getting. So, I have a massive amount of stuff for sale… these parts are for the most part from either my daily driven good running very clean 88 horizon, or the mint *bone* stock 87 shelby z that I found in the junkyard a month or so ago. The odometer in the Shelby said 68,000. The car was absolutely bone stock, has no vin history whatsoever online which implies to me that it was single owner, and had obviously been sitting for several years before It was given to the yard. Considering the condition of the turbo, rods and crank bearing surfaces, the fact that the pistons and rods very easily came out of the block.. there was no noticeable ridge on any of the cylinders, and the fact that none of the bolts on the car showed any sign of ever having been removed before I got to them, I am almost certain that the car had a true 68k, not 168k. I cant be 100% sure obviously, but it seems extremely unlikely the car made it to 168k in the condition it was in.. especially considering the complete lack of ridging on the cyl walls. the reason I am guessing it was junked is that the headgasket was blown on #1 cylinder… which sucked for me because it sat that way for so long that the fluid in the cylinder rusted a 2 inch band of the cylinder wall badly... and Id rather put a turbo 2.4 in the car than mess with dealing with that lol

Anyway, That is the story behind most of this stuff.. so without further delay, here are the goods

1- TII forged crank-- no spun or damaged bearings beyond mild normal wear. All bearing surfaces on the crank appear to be in good condition $80

2- SOLD 2 piece intake, fuel rail, stock injectors, TII throttle body with sensors-- The fuel rail feed line was broken off somehow during transport back to my house. There is still enough left to hoseclamp the line onto it, you will just need a longer fuel injection line. See the closeup picture above. $170 for everything

3- SOLD TII forged rods with stock pistons-- The rod bearings were all in good condition when pulled. The bearing surfaces on the rods clearly show the factory crosshatch, see the closeup picture above. I am certain these need nothing but new standard size bearings and rings. $180 for the set

4- SOLD TBI exhaust manifold—off the horizon, use it to make a turbo header. $25

5- SOLD Complete, undamaged, TII airbox and upper and lower IC hoses in very good condition-- from an 87 daytona, $100 for everything

6- Master cylinder and prop. Valve—from 87 shelby z with 4 wheel disc. $40

7- A555 cable shifter and knob with center cap—the center cap has a broken tab so it can be removed fairly easily, but it stays in well enough that its made it through 2 cars and 5 years without ever being lost heh.. $50

8- 88 TII 5 speed smec—case is totally intact but someone in its past repaired a couple cracks with epoxy. Very minor, probably not noticeable in car. $80

9- SOLD A/C delete bracket—out of some past glht. Good condition bushings. $30

10- Turbo distributor—the screws that hold the plastic shield on are stuck, I don’t own a vice so I cant give it a good effort.. they may or may not be removeable. Who keeps that shield though anyway heh.. $15

11- TBI roller cam and rockers—from my very good running 88 horizon with 150k on it. $50

12- SOLD 87 shelby z intercooler and brackets if needed—the radiator is not for sale, just the intercooler. $45

13- Turbo valve cover— I peeled some of the stock flaking wrinkle paint off $20

14- TII turbo, wastegate, swingvalve, manifold— I will separate if you don’t need the manifold or only want the manifold. The turbo feels like it is in excellent condition, normal slight shaft play and no sign of oil ever having been in the compressor housing. Its from the 87 shelby z so almost certainly has 68k on it. $200

SOLDSPARCO 4 pt HARNESS— (not numbered in the picture) mfr date is 2002, in good condition. $45 shipped

SOLD L BODY SMEC HARNESS—(not numbered in the pic, its hanging next to the sparco) I bought this from clayton a few weeks ago. Appears to be well made, it is a converted minivan harness. I have a TII smec available as well, see number 8. $90 shipped for the harness.

15- Cam gears—$15 shipped

16- Crank gear—$15 shipped

17- Glht cluster—everything works $25

18- TBI throttle bod—less than 10k on a new injector, works great $50

19- 85 or 86 T1 lm—plug for map sensor is cut off $15 shipped

20- Oil pickup—from the 87, hasn’t seen metal $15 shipped

21- SOLD Intermediate shaft-- $30 shipped

22- TBI auto smec—2 year old rebuilt from napa or autozone, excellent
    condition $50 shipped

23- 2 crank pullies, 4 bolt and 5 bolt—both have ac provision-- $15 shipped each

24- 2 alternators- $45 shipped each, both work. Later Chrysler style.

25- GLH foglights and heavy metal brackets—both have cracks, one has a tiny hole, both are still useable. No wiring. One needs a new bolt since the original is broken. $40 shipped

26- 2 starters with harness—1 turbo with intact but crusty heatshield, 1 with no heatshield. $45 each shipped

I also have the 782 head from the Shelby z for I don’t know.. some beer if you come get it. Should be functional. Don’t want to ship it unless someone really needs it for whatever reason.

I might do a discount if you buy multiple items, and I will hear all offers… but wont accept them if they suck the only trades I am interested in are for megasquirt stuff, an innovate wideband, a standard flange t3, and a 2.4 turbo manifold. unless i use the word shipped after the price, the figure does *not* include shipping

Anyway… Man… that was a lot of typing and picture formatting… I have tried to provide as much information as possible about everything I have listed, but if you need to know anything else, or want pics of something specific, feel free to ask…

…so now buy some stuff and help me put another dohc L body on the road!!
    Last edited by saw wave analog; 05-09-2009 at 07:58 PM.

Re: huge TII and TBI parts bonanza! woo! TII rods turbos cranks smecs....

I am VERY interested in #2; #9, #10, #12 (if I can get both the rad & I/c), and #14.

What is your best deal on that package ?

Chuck

Mitsu booster

i,ll take item # 2 if is still available

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor Darkapollo's Avatar

check your pm's. ill take the seat harness too
    even if the deal falls through for the engine. lmk.

turbo addict

pm sent for smec harness

Garrett booster

Quote Originally Posted by Darkapollo View Post
    check your pm's. ill take the seat harness too
    even if the deal falls through for the engine. lmk.

that deal is not going to fall through. ill walk to pa and carry it home if thats what it comes down to.

ps- if anyone is going to be making a drive from pa near northern indiana/chicago area and wants to carry an engine along for the ride, i am willing to trade parts of pay outright for the service

Garrett booster

Quote Originally Posted by BIG PSI View Post
    I am VERY interested in #2; #9, #10, #12 (if I can get both the rad & I/c), and #14.

What is your best deal on that package ?

Chuck

i have to keep the radiator for my omni, sorry

if you buy the rest of the stuff, you can have the a/c delete bracket for free id need your zip code to figure out shipping, but it is bulky stuff so id guess ~60 bucks, or it can all be picked up in south bend and ill give ya a starter or alternator too

do you want the manifold along with the turbo?

pm me and we can go from there

you are the first of 4 or 5 to ask about the intake, so you have dibs at the moment

*edit* maybe not.. i didnt realize that the guy im getting the 2.4 from also wants the intake.. that thing is popular lol.. hes got to have dibs for the moment because i think a trade arrangement might be possible... ill let you know as soon as i know whats going on with that.. man this is confusing lol
    Last edited by saw wave analog; 04-04-2009 at 03:48 PM.

turbo addict

you have another pm

Garrett booster

replied

My zip is 44223.

I understand on the T2 intake if you have to trade it off for the 2.4 stuff.

So then can I have a quote on #9 -- #10 -- #14

YES to: do you want the manifold along with the turbo?

Chuck

Garrett booster

My zip is 44223.

I understand on the T2 intake if you have to trade it off for the 2.4 stuff.

So then can I have a quote on #9 -- #10 -- #14

Chuck

pm sent!

Chuck

Hmm, now what are you going to do with that manifold chuck? I wonder...

Garrett booster

smec harness is officially sold!

Garrett booster

intercooler is sold!

Garrett booster

sparco is sold!

Garrett booster

bigpsi i just sent you another pm

Garrett booster

i am on my way out the door to pick up a 120k mile 2.4 woohoo!

the 2pc intake is available again since i found a local motor, bigpsi has dibs but i havent heard from him yet today so not sure he still wants the stuff?

Mitsu booster

if does not take it i will let me know

Garrett booster

so check this out

halfway to plymouth, IN to pick up the 2.4 the engine in my crx locks up.. threw a rod most likely

when the tow truck finally shows up, the ------- winch cable snaps, the car runs over the drivers arm, and the crx falls off the truck

tow driver gives me a ride home, and when we pull onto my street a giant fireball shoots out of the roof of my neighbor down the streets house

i get out and start beating on the door, old woman comes out and tells me the house is full of ammo, so we grab it all and take it outside

old womans husband stumbles out of the smoke and proceeds to have a heart attack

so here i am, smelling like smoky ----, i have no idea where my blown motor crx with who knows what new damage after falling off of the truck is because the fire dept has my street blocked off, and i have no 2.4

its been an interesting day.
    Last edited by saw wave analog; 04-06-2009 at 10:14 PM.

Garrett booster

keep buying my stuff! you know you want it.....

the more you buy, the sooner i will be able to post videos of these two working together in harmony to kick some 8 cylinder @$$

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast