View Poll Results: Would you be interested in a Budget Stainless Steel Header for under $300.?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'll stick with my stock exhaust manifold

6 17.14%
  • SIGN ME UP FOR ONE NOW!!

22 62.86%
  • I'd rather save up for the TU SS Hybrid Header

7 20.00%

Thread: Is a TU Stainless Steel Budget Header in your future??

Is a TU Stainless Steel Budget Header in your future??

Ever since we released our Hybrid Header we have been continually asked by our customers to offer a more affordable version. Initially TU was completely against the idea. We always preferred to focus on higher end products and designs that are proven performers rather then considering simpler, less expensive versions that may sacrifice flow quality. After speaking with many of our customers though, TU now understands that there are many who want the added flow of a log style header but just aren't looking to move up to a hybrid turbo any time soon. This budget header would keep the turbo in the stock location and be more beneficial to those customers with a stock, Super 60 or Super 70 style turbo.

To insure a hassle free long life of our new header we have decided to stay with the same Stainless Steel construction used on our hybrid version including both 1/2" turbine turbine/exhaust flanges. And since the design is so simple it will be much easier for us to build and stay ahead of demand. Pricing will be considerably less too because production time will be cut nearly in half. We also won't need to add the custom oil return and coolant line extension.

Our target price for this Stainless Steel Header is under $300. and we expect to have some ready for shipping by the end of January. We'll have photos up in a few weeks so you can check out the quality of the products at that time. Please place your votes in the poll to let us know if you would be interested in this type of header. Also, don't hesitate to provide comments on additional options you would like to see offered with this header.

Thanks for everyone's support and Happy Holidays!

Chris-TU

PS- The "SIGN ME UP FOR ONE NOW!" option in no way commits you. It just lets us know that you might be interested in purchasing one once they hit the market. CW
    Last edited by Chris W; 12-25-2005 at 12:49 PM.
    Chris Wright www.TurbosUnleashed.com Chris@TurbosUnleashed.com 602-76-BOOST Tech/Sales#: Monday-Saturday 9AM-7PM MST Proudly Serving the Turbo-Mopar Community since 1997 TU is a performance, not marketing company. We provide accurate performance data on all our performance products. Fabricating data to make us appear better is just not our style. Do the research before you buy. ROCK BOTTOM PRICES WITHOUT THE HIDDEN HANDLING FEES.... -----HOME OF THE 9 SECOND FWD T-M CLUTCH-----

Hybrid booster

Re: Is a TU Stainless Steel Budget Header in your future??

Chris

Having never bought anything from tu i am looking forward to buying from you this new year.

question?

with a 87 sc w/t2 conversion @ 15 psi boost what kind of gains should i look for going from stock manifold to your header ?

based on stock exh. ???and 2 1/2 set up?

also feel free to recommend a better set up.

thanks

deuce

boostaholic

I too have not bought anything from you, however some of the parts on my car are from TU (adam smith) old car. he had the hybrid header on it before I bought the car. Now that winter is here im looking to either put a hybrid on it or this new header so keep us up to date

Super Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff contraption22's Avatar

Judging by the quality of the original Hybrid Header... i would highly recommend any product from TU. Very very very nice stuff!

ARRGH!!! I just buttoned up the top end.!?!?!?!
    I'm doing a "TONY the TURBO" valve cover. Ground off two ridges on valve cover and cutting letters in aluminum for the extra lettering. Discovered the valve covers are paper thin where the ridges are.
    Why? Named the car after my barber in '87.

boostaholic

Chris-
    Sounds like a good idea to me. I dont want to go to crazy on my car (with hybrid turbos or a larger IC) so I think your 'budget' product would be right up my alley. How about coming up with another name, somthing other than budget....like....intermediate or something. Budget makes me feel cheap Oh wait...I am!

Chris, I like it! I had the pleasure of removing my TU manifold off of the head last night and rememberd how much nicer it is to work around. With the head off the car I had the turbo and manifold separated from each other and the head within 15 minutes! Not a single stripped nut/bolt either!

And yes, the quality seems to be quite good. To those questioning I have run two different TU headers to date for a combined mileage of around 10K miles... HARD miles of constant abuse each and every time I drive the car, including 3+ hour roadtrips to and from home or better party schools.

Either the budget header, or the full out Hybrid header are well worth you're investment.

Aaron Miller

Boost, it's what's for dinner... Turbo Mopar Staff Aries_Turbo's Avatar

[napoleon] heck yes! [/napoleon]

hehehe. I cant totally commit as im unemployed right now but its a possibility in the future.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman
    This one is easy, I have myself to blame, I rush things, don't pay attention to gauges when I should, change to much stuff at once then expect miracles, the list is endless.

Garrett booster

The SS Header looks damn nice, but $550 is out of my budget, so I haven't even considered it. If there was a less expensive alternative I would consider it. I was more interested in a header that made turbo removal easier, which was what led me to take a look at the SS in the first place.
    Look forward to supporting TU in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by deuce dodge
    Chris

Having never bought anything from tu i am looking forward to buying from you this new year.

question?

with a 87 sc w/t2 conversion @ 15 psi boost what kind of gains should i look for going from stock manifold to your header ?

thanks

deuce

I'm with him.

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

I will be interested to see the budget header.

boostaholic

Rught now i have a ported manifold from fwd performance and i like the befifits i got from it but if i can get a low price header and make it easy to work on it would be something i would seriously look in to.

Quote Originally Posted by deuce dodge
    Chris

question?

thanks

deuce
    Quote Originally Posted by minigts
    I'm with him.
    With all the different combinations available it would be best to contact us at 602-76-BOOST. We'll be glad to go over all the options with you over the phone.

Thanks for your interest in Turbos Unleashed.com!

Chris-TU
    Chris Wright www.TurbosUnleashed.com Chris@TurbosUnleashed.com 602-76-BOOST Tech/Sales#: Monday-Saturday 9AM-7PM MST Proudly Serving the Turbo-Mopar Community since 1997 TU is a performance, not marketing company. We provide accurate performance data on all our performance products. Fabricating data to make us appear better is just not our style. Do the research before you buy. ROCK BOTTOM PRICES WITHOUT THE HIDDEN HANDLING FEES.... -----HOME OF THE 9 SECOND FWD T-M CLUTCH-----