Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: i got a story for u all

Mitsu booster

i got a story for u all

this story is true as it just happen tonight and the car i am referring to in this story is my very own 90 Daytona ES 2.5L turbo, its a must read all kinda story

first off i have a tale to tell u guys about this night i had with my car. yes i know it would be better with pic's. but i don't have anything to take pic's so bare with me. and yes this first day i had up and running in the past 2 or 3 weeks

so the car check out all good, well i would say great!! and day goes pass as i drove around on roads close to my house, just in case it die on me i wouldn't have to walk too far. well i got about 100 mile on car and decide the car is working wonderful

so later that night i get around and clean up as i decide i was going to do something for my birthday even if it was on Thursday. so i decide go to my normal spot bar/strip club to see my friends. well some how the staff find out it was my birthday. probably because of my friend she told them as she know i had to work on my birthday and i was kinda pissed about that. well as u all ready figure out yes i was drinking. i was at that good buzz point but was not drunk. and next thing know i get this gut feeling i should go and go now. as i go to leave they try to tell me to stay as i not even close to being drunk and their plan was to get me drunk but pass and start walking out as i open the door... i was like HOLY ---- it raining almost go back in , but i decide to stick with the my gut feeling go to my car and go home

ok now the fun part of the story starts, or not so fun until i got home well the part that scared me

so i go to start my car it didn't fire up like norm it took a min, and after it fire up i could smell gas for a sec and smell went away, so i just kinda figure my ignition was wet or something i take off, the car seem normal i got to turn out on to the main street. sit and wait for a car to go pass then i pull out go to the light i notice my gas needle to move sightly. didn't real think much of it at all. so the light change i start to go to the next light, i get on car a little and it kinda act like it fuel cut on me. light change red i stop i look at my gas gauge "i be damned" it lost a 1/8 of a tank. left me going HUH!! then light turns green i start to take off the car even fuel cut at lower RPM. by the time i get to the next light with my luck it light turns red. A bolt of lighting flash i notice a lot of steam coming form the passenger side of the car and i also on top of 1/8th of tank of gas i lost additional 1/4th tank of gas . i start to think something is real wrong. the light turn green i goto take off. i can barely get the car go over 1500 RPMs and but it would idle just fine at 1000 RPMs. i quick spot a parking lot. gimp the car to it and while i doing this i lose another 1/4th tank of gas and the steam that was coming out of the passenger side is massively increased. at this time now i have car off the road in a park lot

the real good part of this tale

so i rip the E-break pull the hood release jump out of the car!!! as i open the hood i get sprayed in the face mostly the eyes. i cant see. pull my MIDSM beanie off my head and wipe my eyes which i can see but now everything is blurry and my eye feeling like they are burning from gas. i pull the hat away from my face to see a fire coming off the passenger side of the intake. so i run to driver side of the car. which car is still running.

(ok one side note the car has auto lock when it hit a some speed. and my locks are "sticky" and dont unlock most of the time when u open the door)

lucky my POS window can be pull half away down and u can unlock by pull up the lock it self. well the window wet and i am have a hard time try to get to slide down and after a min or so, i get window down far enough to unlock the door. i open door and turn off the car. and while i am in the car, i grab my 3/4th full 20oz bottle of Mt Dew. i run to the passenger side of the car and just dump my bottle on the fire. well fire almost out, but i run out of Mt dew . so i looking around and there a huge puddle of water. i a dip the bottle into puddle to get the bottle full. and put out the rest of the fire.

so now i standing in the down pour of rain. try to think what to do about the fuel line that has a hole in it. first i had to find the hole. so i squeeze line. and find where it coming from. good hole only about a inch from where it connect to the fuel rail. so i jump in the car and look and in panic because i cant find anything sharp. but what i found was 2 flats head screwdrivers 2 Philip head screwdrivers, and some sockets, so again i look and look i found a thing that kinda looks like big nail. well it it was more like a shaft that came to a point that was sharp. so i return to the engine bay and find where the fuel line had a hole and after 5- 10 mins i got the line cut. Ooo it was not pretty by any means. but i got all taken care of. start the car check for leaks... nothing all good!!!

now after feeling good about myself i realize i was just purely soak from the rain and was quit cold. as i a sit in the car all i could smell was gas. so i rolled down my passenger side window some and turn up the heat and start driving home. but have a hard time seem because my eye still hurt and feel like they are burn and real heavy rain didn't help. to help myself relax and with out a thinking... light up a smoke this about 5 mins after leaving the parking lot. i start to feeling kind like i need to puke because all i can smell gas i also think being buzz and my vision was fuzzy from the gas in eyes was all kinda leading to sick feeling i was getting. well my cig almost down to the butt of it. so with out real look i place into the ashtray while i was watch the road best of my ability . the next thing i know my leg feel real warm. i look at leg. HOLY ---- I AM ON FIRE!!! i have a small fire on my pant's leg by my knee. while i panic again to get fire out while pulling over to the side of the road. i jump out of the car in the rain. and where i pull over was some deep water like 1-2 inch start splashing my leg. i get the fire out. at least this time i left the door open on car. i jump in car now i only like 2-3 mins from the gas station that i normally stop at. i go there because i only had 3 smokes left. plus i figure i could use the restroom to wash my face and hands to help get rid of the gas smell. just my luck their restrooms are not in service. so i grab another Mt Dew . and i stand there i get another pack of smokes. the girl that works there that know me she looks at me and said "what ---- happin to u. and why do u smell like gas". so i tell her the tale. she starts LOL at me , and just happin the guy behind me was listen in and comment as she was LOL at me , his comment was " u must have not learn first time not to light a cig when u have gas all over u" then she stop lol at me a said " he cute so he can do dumb thing" then he look at me and said " dont worry i am a fire fighter just remember tuck and roll when u leave here and light your self on fire again with a cig"

well i made it home but i didn't light anymore smokes until i wash up and took off all my gas soak items.

so my question to all these guys that had there car on fire and lose them to the fire. WTF!!!!!!!!! i had been drink, my vision blurry and still got my car fire put out!!!!! WTF was wrong with u guys
    Last edited by LoneWolf; 03-29-2009 at 01:02 PM. Reason: spelling and punc

boostaholic

Re: i got a story for u all

shoulda hit on her lol

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

Damn dude, you're lucky you caught it in time... and that it was cold and rainy and not spraying directly on a hot exhaust manifold.

I gotta LOL at you ligting yourself up too, that was funny

I think you broke a majot 'guy rule' too... always let strippers get you drunk

BTW, are all the posts at MIDSM this hard to read?
    Last edited by BadAssPerformance; 03-29-2009 at 10:47 AM.

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor 2.216VTurbo's Avatar

Wow, that musta hurt you Wolf, I know it hurt me to read it I know my spelling and punctuation kinda go downhill when I have my drink on

AJ (no More Alan) 84 Rampage RT TIII/568 Quaife 87 GLHS dealer optioned Red 16V Masi/568/Quaife
    90 Masi 16V White/Ginger/Black
    89 TC Masi 16V Red/Ginger/Black
    86 GLHS #110 RoadRace Built 89 CSX-VNT Recaro Car
    89 Turbo Mini 'Woody' 85 GLHT 'RedBox'
    2014 Explorer DD'r 3.5Twin Turbo Ecoboost AWD and 500HP
    My profile page has over 20,000 views, I'm somebody LOL

turbo addict

sounds like Darwin lost that round. Maybe he'll do better next time. GAWD.

boostaholic

im about to go get a fire extinguisher

Mitsu booster

Quote Originally Posted by 2.216VTurbo View Post
    Wow, that musta hurt you Wolf, I know it hurt me to read it I know my spelling and punctuation kinda go downhill when I have my drink on
    ya i know my spelling and punctuation is on the bad side of life. but honestly that probably one of my better written post for spelling and punctuation. but i did spend 2 hour type it all and even review it. but after i was done typing i was real ready to pass out

Hybrid booster

Loosing a 1/8th tank of gas between lights didn't worry you? Glad you caught it before it burned down. Now go out and spend a few bucks and replace all your hose and clamps.

Mitsu booster

Quote Originally Posted by jamesmonty View Post
    Loosing a 1/8th tank of gas between lights didn't worry you? Glad you caught it before it burned down. Now go out and spend a few bucks and replace all your hose and clamps.
    honestly loosing 1/8th tank didn't worry. my state of mind was more less focus on what happen at the bar/strip club and was thinking
    "great i going to be ----- at by my friend, she either going to call me or wait until next time i am in there, to yell at me for not stay there until closing"

but the time i start to real get worried was after the light flash and start to see at the time i though was "steam" coming from passenger side and that i losing ton of gas. that when i start to look for for lot because i real knew something .

turbo addict

You are definitely not the first and won't be the last to allow a fuel leak that massive to nearly kill a car and potentially you. Actually you are one of the first I know of who went from finding the fire to actually being able to put it out. Glad your okay.. Its kinda funny that you would light one up, but after an ordeal like yours I can see why.. Just goes to show never a dull one with a turbo mopar.
    [FONT="Arial Black"][/FONT] ____________________________________________ 92 Voyager LE 3.3/A604 luxury liner 185k [COLOR="Red"]"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin[/COLOR] [COLOR="White"]"It's not tyranny we desire; it's a just, limited, federal government." Alexander Hamilton[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]Support our economy-BUY AMERICA: [url]http://nortonsusa.com/[/url][/COLOR]

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor j4278h's Avatar

john is from the part of the state where men are men and the sheep are scared.

All I could think of while reading the post was Planes trains and Automobiles where the lebaron goes up in flames

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by j4278h View Post
    john is from the part of the state where men are men and the sheep are scared.

All I could think of while reading the post was Planes trains and Automobiles where the lebaron goes up in flames
    No shiat, lol.

That post really hurt my head,

I always carry a fire extinguisher now, its just not worth it to have the van go up in flames while you watch helplessly,
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

turbo addict

note to self: buy a fire extinguisher...wait 2...big ones. I saw my dart wagon go up and flames after using 6 extinguishers, it really is depressing watching a car burn knowing you cant do anything about it

Mitsu booster

ya i get a fire extinguisher ASAP i got lucky this time but i dont know about the next time

that bring me to the next question guys

what type of fire extinguisher works best on:
    oil leak dripping on hot exhaust?
    fuel line that start leaking and hit your exhaust manifold?

as these are only example i know of that have cause car to light on fire.

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

Halon is the best for a car... but a typical A-B-C type yoyu get at a hardware store will work fine.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fire_extinguisher

http://www.halonmarketing.com/mall/prod01.php

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

boostaholic

Mitsu booster

Quote Originally Posted by Big_P View Post
    nice, sadly i know

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor 2.216VTurbo's Avatar

I had a little fuel leak this morning myself Rampage was bone dry when I pulled it into the drive a couple nights ago so I put 3 gallons of C16 in it before heading to the gas station for 8 gallons of CA pi$$water 91 Octane. Noticed a couple drops in the drive as a backed out. Obviously coming from the tank area, I messed with a couple hose clamps and the feed line popped 1/2 way off dumping fuel everywhere Worst part was, it was probably 1/2gallon of C16. Crikey at $10/gallon! I'm glad there aren't any hot componants around the tank

AJ (no More Alan) 84 Rampage RT TIII/568 Quaife 87 GLHS dealer optioned Red 16V Masi/568/Quaife
    90 Masi 16V White/Ginger/Black
    89 TC Masi 16V Red/Ginger/Black
    86 GLHS #110 RoadRace Built 89 CSX-VNT Recaro Car
    89 Turbo Mini 'Woody' 85 GLHT 'RedBox'
    2014 Explorer DD'r 3.5Twin Turbo Ecoboost AWD and 500HP
    My profile page has over 20,000 views, I'm somebody LOL

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by 2.216VTurbo View Post
    I had a little fuel leak this morning myself Rampage was bone dry when I pulled it into the drive a couple nights ago so I put 3 gallons of C16 in it before heading to the gas station for 8 gallons of CA pi$$water 91 Octane. Noticed a couple drops in the drive as a backed out. Obviously coming from the tank area, I messed with a couple hose clamps and the feed line popped 1/2 way off dumping fuel everywhere Worst part was, it was probably 1/2gallon of C16. Crikey at $10/gallon! I'm glad there aren't any hot componants around the tank
    Let me guess, so you got up, dusted yourself off & lit up to celebrate not burning your car down? I kid, I kid
    Triumph

turbo addict

Okay after that last post here's my confession. About twenty years ago I was messing around with my 5th fuel injector on my 85 GLHT. Picture the fuel side only to a No2 setup. It was a #4 braided line. I was measuring how many cc'c it was spraying in a given amount of time. Well my burette filled up and I set the fuel line down after turning off the solenoid.
    Came back seconds later to find my #4 line not only on fire but glowing red hot and welded onto the positive cable of my battery! Got the line off finally before my GLHT went up in smoke. Close call & lesson learned. Okay everyone fire away (pun intended).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast