Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Over-revving while in neutral and rolling

turbo addict

Re: Over-revving while in neutral and rolling

Quote Originally Posted by 1FastCSX289 View Post
    If im rolling, the idle will jump up even if I decel to 1500 rpm or whatever. The only time it comes back to a normal idle is if I am dead stopped.

If I can get my leak fixed today, I will check the speed sensor today or tomorow and let you know.
    Might be out in left field with this theory but whenever mine does this the engine is cold ... as in not up to operating temp. Might not be the CAL/SENSORS at all.

Quote Originally Posted by 1FastCSX289 View Post
    If im rolling, the idle will jump up even if I decel to 1500 rpm or whatever. The only time it comes back to a normal idle is if I am dead stopped.

If I can get my leak fixed today, I will check the speed sensor today or tomorow and let you know.
    I have the same thing, and I'm not even running an IAS.
    later Dick Westerhof

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by djtang View Post
    I was having a very similar issue while changing cals. Have you tried resetting the AIS?
    Quote Originally Posted by puppet View Post
    Might be out in left field with this theory but whenever mine does this the engine is cold ... as in not up to operating temp. Might not be the CAL/SENSORS at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by boost geek View Post
    I have the same thing, and I'm not even running an IAS.
    I havent had a chance to mess with this problem yet. Its gotten better now that the weather is warmer and once the car is warmed up, it doesnt happen anymore. Ive been living with it and prioritizing some other issues.

turbo addict

you said "leak"...what leak?

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by t3rse View Post
    you said "leak"...what leak?
    I had an oil pan gasket and power steering pump leak that I fixed. Nothing AIS related.

turbo addict

Ah...roger...my swap had a tb gasket leak that caused all sorts of problems which is why I asked.

As I've never owned one of these with stock electronics, forgive me if this is a stupid suggestion, but have you tried unplugging the SDS (sensor, not standalone )?

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

My SBEC can take up to 50 miles of driving after changing out a chip or resetting the computer before it will stop doing that.

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by t3rse View Post
    Ah...roger...my swap had a tb gasket leak that caused all sorts of problems which is why I asked.

As I've never owned one of these with stock electronics, forgive me if this is a stupid suggestion, but have you tried unplugging the SDS (sensor, not standalone )?
    I did unlplug the stand alone. He he he.

Quote Originally Posted by cordes View Post
    My SBEC can take up to 50 miles of driving after changing out a chip or resetting the computer before it will stop doing that.
    This might be my problem. I disconnect the battery and/or swap the chips so often, this might be the case.

Boost, it's what's for dinner... Turbo Mopar Staff Aries_Turbo's Avatar

yeah it takes 2 days of driving my k car before the idle settles down.

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman
    This one is easy, I have myself to blame, I rush things, don't pay attention to gauges when I should, change to much stuff at once then expect miracles, the list is endless.

Mitsu booster

I'm pulling this one back from the dead. I'm getting into making custom cals for my car and I am having this idle issue. The car idles at 1500 rpm with the clutch in until you come to a complete stop, then drops back down to ~900 rpm. I can't get the tune adjusted to prevent this and I've got the idle speed screw on the throttle body adjusted properly. Anyone ever figure this out?

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by boostin1989 View Post
    I'm pulling this one back from the dead. I'm getting into making custom cals for my car and I am having this idle issue. The car idles at 1500 rpm with the clutch in until you come to a complete stop, then drops back down to ~900 rpm. I can't get the tune adjusted to prevent this and I've got the idle speed screw on the throttle body adjusted properly. Anyone ever figure this out?
    If you reset your base idle, I would be thinking speed distance sensor.

Maybe the timing is set to aggressive at idle. With the BB I had that issue, once I brought the timing down at boost -5 or whatever it fixed it. Im not sure if anyone already said it, as IM not going to read all these replies....but there is a speed setting that tells the car to switch to AIS idle, I set mine at like 80mph that way it always idles down quickly, I think normally its set to 3 or 5mph then it idles down, which sucks..good luck. BTW there are a few more values that deal with base idle, but IM sure you know that.

turbo addict

Just had this problem trying to run a 5 speed car on an automatic computer, make sure your using MTX base code for your cals.

Hybrid booster

My car was doing this so bad with both a stock computer and a Shelgame Cal that I did away with AIS completely. Now its cold blooded for the first few minutes but idles right where I want it to regardless of the situation.
    1991 Chrysler Lebaron GTC convertible - a568 - 15psi FWD Stage 3, FMIC, TII Garrett turbo, two of the big ones

boostaholic

Quote Originally Posted by moparman76_69 View Post
    Just had this problem trying to run a 5 speed car on an automatic computer, make sure your using MTX base code for your cals.
    This...we swapped in a MTX cal and the idle problem is gone.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12