Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Glhs #065 540hp/600tq!!

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor "Top Fuel" Bender's Avatar

Re: Glhs #065 540hp/600tq!!

Quote Originally Posted by SUPER60omni View Post
    You want 3rd in the normal TD trans....its the 1:1 gear, SRT4's use 4th because its the 1:1 gear.
    4th would work but the readings would be off some. I have always used 3rd in all my TD's. Im not sure what "kaboom" is refering to.....the motor isnt gonna let go if thats what you mean. I spray the car in 4th off the freakin rev-limiter with over 35psi on the street and I know its not under a full load but rev-limiter + 35psi + Nitrous in 4th from like 80-135MPH without a problem tells me its gonna hold it all day every day
    4th is 1:1

10's AGAIN '07, '08, '09
    TFB Fabrications custom billet machined parts for you Turbo Mopar

Garrett booster

Damn.....you be right!

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor rx2mazda's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by "Top Fuel" Bender View Post
    4th is 1:1

Yup, all my dynos in 4th! Put it in the correct gear and do it again! Great numbers either way

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

So how will that affect the numbers????????
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

boostaholic

sweeet, nice job

Garrett booster

Ive always done all my td's in 3rd......even the dyno guy said 3rd.......and Ive been to 3 diff dynos. Weird. My buddys srt (the guy in the blue hoodie in the vid) made 350 in 3rd and then he did it in 4th and it made like 366HP, but it sat for a few min so it might have cooled down. Either way as you can probly tell the car is as crazy as they come......now I just need a clean pass to prove it all!

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor Turbo Joe's Avatar

I've dyno'd in 3rd and 4th to see if there was a diff and what it was, and its not even a pisshole in the snows difference.. this was tested on a stock ratio A555 trans in my csx on 24.5x8x15 and on 26x8.5x15 aswell. great job btw Luke!!
    Turbo Joe
    ----------------------- 87 CSX #175 TIII powered, MegaSquirt3 Pro Ultimate, GTX3076R, Turbo Joe header, Lengel intake, Menegon ported head, the list goes on

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor

An experienced dyno guy would have told you to run 4th with those traction problems. You should dyno in 4th anyways. I doubt you have ever hooked up in 4th gear on the street.
    There is much less load on the engine in 3rd gear. That dyno doesnt seem to load up your car much either. That means if you actually got traction in a 4th gear pull at the track, you might not be so safe on the tune.

You can get away with timing/fuel in 3rd gear that 4th gear wont accept. And as long as you blow the tires away, you wont find out.

When it takes 2-3 seconds to row through a gears its much less dangerous then that last gear that takes you all the way from the 1/8th to the 1/4 mile under HIGH load!

Gearing really only matters if the inductive pickup is broken. Then the dyno has no idea how fast your motor is spinning compared to the rollers. Thats where some dyno operators fail cause they dont understand how the dyno works to properly do MPH dyno charts.
    4th gear in a turbo car also = the turbo spooling sooner because of the higher load. In many setups that peak torque at a low rpm, that can increase power. In a car that has a flat torque curve, its not really possible to gain power.

Hybrid booster

Amazing #'s. Congratulations. Regardless what gear you were in... that's astounding!

boostaholic

That is the coolest thing I have ever seen!

Very nice video's, you can tell that car has some insane power.

When I had my Daytona dyno'd they also did 3rd gear. I asked why because 4th is 1:1 and they said that that wouldn't make any difference. Whatever.

Great stuff, what boost is the car at on the no spray vs on it?

Fantastic runs! I can't even imagine how quickly the run must have ended. At the "lower" power level it was over in a flash.

Hybrid booster

we need more cars like that in canada

TurboII

wow i just noticed u live in CT....me too. what is your setup or should i say displacement? how much boost u running? lil info on the car

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by moparzrule View Post
    Very nice video's, you can tell that car has some insane power.

When I had my Daytona dyno'd they also did 3rd gear. I asked why because 4th is 1:1 and they said that that wouldn't make any difference. Whatever.
    I think they usually do this because they dont want peoples cars to break on the dyno and people to have "bad" experiences. People like to blame inanimate objects for their failures.

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Vendor

Nice numbers...car sounds good also. I dyno every car I can in the gear that is as close to 1:1 as I can get. A third gear pull can be very quick causing you to miss small tune issues. Additionally depending on the dyno sampling rate and the number of data points your logging you might not get the best data resolution for making adjustments.
    [SIZE=4][COLOR=red][B][URL="http://www.fwdperformance.com/store"]FWD Performance[/URL][/B][/COLOR] is a performance parts and service business catering to a variety of high performance cars. We carry a full line of products to service and upgrade [I][COLOR="#FF0000"]Turbo Mopars, Shelby Dodges and Chryslers[/COLOR][/I] of all makes, models and years. From parts to service, fabrication and dyno tuning there is something for everyone. Visit our store at [COLOR=red][B][URL="http://www.fwdperformance.com/store"]FWD Performance[/URL][/B][/COLOR], we'd love to hear from you![/SIZE]

Garrett booster

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo Joe View Post
    I've dyno'd in 3rd and 4th to see if there was a diff and what it was, and its not even a pisshole in the snows difference.. this was tested on a stock ratio A555 trans in my csx on 24.5x8x15 and on 26x8.5x15 aswell. great job btw Luke!!
    That what I saw with the srt 4 on the dyno...almost no change.

Quote Originally Posted by Ondonti View Post
    An experienced dyno guy would have told you to run 4th with those traction problems. You should dyno in 4th anyways. I doubt you have ever hooked up in 4th gear on the street.
    There is much less load on the engine in 3rd gear. That dyno doesnt seem to load up your car much either. That means if you actually got traction in a 4th gear pull at the track, you might not be so safe on the tune.

You can get away with timing/fuel in 3rd gear that 4th gear wont accept. And as long as you blow the tires away, you wont find out.

When it takes 2-3 seconds to row through a gears its much less dangerous then that last gear that takes you all the way from the 1/8th to the 1/4 mile under HIGH load!

Gearing really only matters if the inductive pickup is broken. Then the dyno has no idea how fast your motor is spinning compared to the rollers. Thats where some dyno operators fail cause they dont understand how the dyno works to properly do MPH dyno charts.
    4th gear in a turbo car also = the turbo spooling sooner because of the higher load. In many setups that peak torque at a low rpm, that can increase power. In a car that has a flat torque curve, its not really possible to gain power.
    Hell no the car never hooks in 4th on the street, its murders the tires FROM like 100MPH. If I hit it in 4th at 85MPH its like its on ice.....but it makes smoke from the tires

Quote Originally Posted by dds78910 View Post
    That is the coolest thing I have ever seen!
    Ive been geeting that a lot! thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by 8valves View Post
    Great stuff, what boost is the car at on the no spray vs on it?
    Like 32-mabey 34 no spray, then I turn it down to like 28 for nitrous but its jumping to 35ish on the bottle. I <3 N20

Quote Originally Posted by Ondonti View Post
    I think they usually do this because they dont want peoples cars to break on the dyno and people to have "bad" experiences. People like to blame inanimate objects for their failures.
    Im good friends with the dyno operator. We already had the "Luke if you sauce up my dyno when the motor and tranny let go, you gotta stay late and clean it all up" speech

Quote Originally Posted by JamesL View Post
    Nice numbers...car sounds good also. I dyno every car I can in the gear that is as close to 1:1 as I can get. A third gear pull can be very quick causing you to miss small tune issues. Additionally depending on the dyno sampling rate and the number of data points your logging you might not get the best data resolution for making adjustments.
    I honestly wasnt even tuning the car. I looked at my wideband once the whole time I was there. I was just there to make some #'s and entertain at the dyno day thing he had at his shop.

Garrett booster

The 3rd video is "how to hot lap your TD on the dyno" The car was still makin over 500 on those passes almost back to back.

Super Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff contraption22's Avatar

What size N20 jets are you using?
    Mike Marra
    1986 Plymouth Horizon GLMF "The Contraption" < entertaining sponsorship offers
    Project Log:
    http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?69708-The-Contraption-2013-14&highlight=

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast