I am in the process of doing my custom 3" side exit...the tips i am using are the stock Z28 tips, rectangular style. They measure only a 2.25 ID inlet, but the outlet is 2.25x8, and i you have never seen one off the car check out the link to the picture below so you know what i am talking about...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/93-97...ayphotohosting

What i am wondering is if it will "restrict" and of my exhaust flow if i use a couple reducers to go from my 3 inch piping to the 2.25 on the tip? I wont go directly from 3-2.25, it will prolly be 3-2.75, then 2.75-2.5, and 2.5-2.25, so its a little smoother of a transition. I know the less restiction the better, but since its only going to be 2.25" piping for about 4 inches, then expand out to a 2.25x8.

I also can cut the tip in half (seperate the top and bottom, like 2 pieces of bread from a sandwich, lol) and weld it up to the 3" pipe for the inlet with something filling the gap, but keep the stock size on the outlet side.

If you have no idea what i mean let me know, i will try to explain it better, and get pics.

Kris