Paul

Re: Dynomax Race "Bullet"

Quote Originally Posted by 02Gcaravan
    Has anyone ever used one of these?

http://store.summitracing.com/defaul...5&autoview=sku

I'd like to know how well they "muffle"

Thanks!
    Paul
    My best setup was replacing the cat. with this muffler and then an Ultraflow out the back of the car.

I also had a side-exit exhaust at one point and this Bullet muffler was ALL I had in there. Sounded wicked.

Hybrid booster

So, a hi flow cat ( I need one ) and this should be fine...Nice. I wish I could do a side exhaust as well but I believe the law says otherwise.

How is the drone with the bullet, if any? I have some highway driving but not whole lot.

So, a hi flow cat ( I need one ) and this should be fine...Nice. I wish I could do a side exhaust as well but I believe the law says otherwise.

How is the drone with the bullet, if any? I have some highway driving but not whole lot.
    Yes it is illegal to have the exhaust exit in the area of the passenger cabin. It is supposed to be behind.

The drone wasn't so bad, but the 10hr trip to SDAC-12 wasn't so pleasant. Short trips weren't a problem at all.

I have a video clip I can send you of the exhaust sound.

Boost, it's what's for dinner... Turbo Mopar Staff Aries_Turbo's Avatar

i second the short trip thing. sounds awesome then,,,,, long trip is punishment.

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman
    This one is easy, I have myself to blame, I rush things, don't pay attention to gauges when I should, change to much stuff at once then expect miracles, the list is endless.

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Faulk
    Yes it is illegal to have the exhaust exit in the area of the passenger cabin. It is supposed to be behind.

The drone wasn't so bad, but the 10hr trip to SDAC-12 wasn't so pleasant. Short trips weren't a problem at all.

I have a video clip I can send you of the exhaust sound.
    Video would be great! You can send it to:

megadeus@wadsnet.com

I hope it's not too big. I think I can handle up to about 10mb.

Mitsu booster

post it
    lets us all hear it

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor Dave's Avatar

Post the vid!! I just bought one of these mufflers for my friend's Saturn SC2, I hope it sounds sexy and not too ricey.

i have a Dynomax Race Magnum Bullet muffler where the stock muffler was on my lebaron with all 2.5" piping and no cat. sounded good to me, i suppose a little on the loud side but now i have the exhaust disconnect and im running open downpipe so you know i really dont care how loud it is.

i have a few short videos of my car idling and revving (when i had exhaust) that i need to host and ill post them up.

KJ
    88 Turbo Lebaron aka The Black Baron
    www.cardomain.com/id/onefastbaron88

Quote Originally Posted by OneFastBaron
    i have a Dynomax Race Magnum Bullet muffler where the stock muffler was on my lebaron with all 2.5" piping and no cat. sounded good to me, i suppose a little on the loud side but now i have the exhaust disconnect and im running open downpipe so you know i really dont care how loud it is.

i have a few short videos of my car idling and revving (when i had exhaust) that i need to host and ill post them up.

KJ
    and here you guys go.. thats back when my car was pretty stock MBC, lame probe intercooler, stock bov's, and still with the mitsu turbo

http://media.putfile.com/idling42

http://media.putfile.com/exhaust-sound72

enjoy.

KJ

Video would be great! You can send it to:

megadeus@wadsnet.com

I hope it's not too big. I think I can handle up to about 10mb.
    3.3meg and I'll post it in my Gallery and it'll be under Chris Faulk!

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

I have a dynomax race bullet on my Z. I sched to the 'bullet' when I made the new 3" stainless system on it and the non-stainless, non-MB system which had a Dynomax Oval went to my Shadow.

The ovals are nice and quiet at idle, a nice deep throaty sound when you're on it and straight thru just like the bullets.

I have a link to a video of my Z at SDAC-15 - ~5000 rpm launch. 3" SS MB system, long 3# bullet muffler, no cat and 3" custom DP:

http://home.fuse.net/kb9qdi/MVI_1831.AVI

btw, not sure who took this video but if you have more of my car, I'd like copies them!

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by OneFastBaron
    Oh yeah! I LIKE this one!!

You said this is a race bullet but I noticed you have dual tips. Is that an extra addition? Looks nice and fairly close to stock. I wanted to do the same as well. What type of "tips" did you use?

Oh yeah! I LIKE this one!!

You said this is a race bullet but I noticed you have dual tips. Is that an extra addition? Looks nice and fairly close to stock. I wanted to do the same as well. What type of "tips" did you use?
    i bought the tips and muffler from jegs. the tips are Hooker Headers Euro style tips (no resonators) its a 2.5" inlet with 3" outlets i believe. the tip costed more than the muffler. heh. but its the only tip that i found that resembled stock (which is what i was going after) and if you want to see better pictures of the tips i have a picture or two of them on my website link in my signature.

KJ

Hybrid booster

I'm sold on the bullet now. And it saved me about $25 on my exhaust setup.

I may have to find an alternate to the tips but that shouldn't be too hard.

Very Nice 'Baron....

Oh, I noticed in the pics of the meet you have on your car domain site, does everyone's TD need to have anice CLEAN engine bay to go to a meet?

Hybrid booster

i have one on my charger with no cat for the track its kick azz but for the street it will be a bit loud but it sounds good

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by briceturbosports
    but for the street it will be a bit loud but it sounds good
    How loud? I don't want to wake the neighbors coming home from work at 1am. If it's like the second video posted above then I believe I can live with that.

How loud? I don't want to wake the neighbors coming home from work at 1am. If it's like the second video posted above then I believe I can live with that.
    thanks for the comment on my car! its a little on the loud side but i wouldnt worry about waking your neigbors if your just crusin past.

i know my neigbors must be heavy sleepers because i come home 1am or later on occasions in my baron and im just running an open downpipe

KJ

Would this fit in the place of my resonator under my car? I'd like to get some kind of muffler on here before I get it inspected since I don't know IL laws, I just moved here but didn't bring my car yet. Would this be louder than my current setup of a 2.5" pipe with stock cat and a resonator. I have my current exhaust pics on page 3 of my cardomain.

-Steve Reject

1992 Chrysler Lebaron GTC
    K&N Cold Air Intake, 15* Ignition Timing, 52mm Throttle Body, 2.5" catback, MSD Coil,Taylor 8mm wires, NGK Plugs, HD Trans Cooler, Aluminum Radiator, A-Spec Strut Tower Bar, Falken ZE-512 205/55/16

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by SteveReject
    Would this fit in the place of my resonator under my car? I'd like to get some kind of muffler on here before I get it inspected since I don't know IL laws, I just moved here but didn't bring my car yet. Would this be louder than my current setup of a 2.5" pipe with stock cat and a resonator. I have my current exhaust pics on page 3 of my cardomain.

-Steve Reject

1992 Chrysler Lebaron GTC
    K&N Cold Air Intake, 15* Ignition Timing, 52mm Throttle Body, 2.5" catback, MSD Coil,Taylor 8mm wires, NGK Plugs, HD Trans Cooler, Aluminum Radiator, A-Spec Strut Tower Bar, Falken ZE-512 205/55/16
    I noticed you have the 3.0 V6. I use to have a 95 Voyager with the 3.0. I did a cat back exhaust. I kept the stock cat, removed the resonator and used a Thrush Turbo muffler ( poor man's version of a Dynomax ST muffler ). It was a very nice rumble and not "too" loud on the highway. I hope that helps on whether or not the bullet would be louder or quieter. I would think it should fit in place of the resonator just because of the simliar size of the two. I had debated on using the bullet AND the Thrush, just to keep the sound down but it was nice over all.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast