Thread: problems getting core $ back after core was sent

Mitsu booster
    im not looking to cause trouble
    Last edited by squirlydude1974; 03-14-2009 at 12:34 PM. Reason: dont want to cause any trouble

Super Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff contraption22's Avatar

Re: problems getting core $ back after core was sent

Have you called Chris about it?
    Mike Marra
    1986 Plymouth Horizon GLMF "The Contraption" < entertaining sponsorship offers
    Project Log:
    http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?69708-The-Contraption-2013-14&highlight=

Mitsu booster

I have had great service from TU and i am not looking to cause trouble
    Last edited by squirlydude1974; 03-14-2009 at 12:37 PM.

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor Anonymous_User's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by contraption22 View Post
    Have you called Chris about it?
    Phone calls can do wonders.

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

Welcome to the forum

Moved thread to Turbos Unleashed Section

+1 to calling Chris 602-76-BOOST

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

Quote Originally Posted by squirlydude1974 View Post
    Was just wondering if anyone has had trouble getting their core fee back from turbo unleashed. I have had great customer service and response from them, but they have had my core turbo for two weeks now and still have not returned my 150 dollars. It only takes a few minutes to look over the turbo. they say that rebuilds are going to be done first after they get caught up they will look over the cores. what if they dont get caught up. i cant afford to let 150 sit in someone elses pocket to return when they feel like it.
    Based on your location and the core charge we are talking about the Mitsubishi TE04H turbo. Unfortunately, the time needed to "look over" a turbo is more then just a few minutes. It needs to be completely torn down and all components cleaned so that we can verify all tolerances and check for damage. At that point we usually just rebuild it because the time to do that is already invested. We do prioritize customer rebuilds over core verifications only because some customers are without a vehicle and need their turbos back ASAP. I know you can relate to that because you requested that we expedite your build due to your situation. I personally inspected your core turbo when it arrived and found that the turbine wheel/shaft was dragging on something inside. This may or may not be an issue with your core and we won't know until we start the rebuild.

We have been extremely busy lately and I do apologize for not being able to sequence your core in sooner. I think we can get it in now so we should have an answer by early next week. Hopefully that is acceptable to you.

Chris-TU

BTW- Welcome to the Turbo-Mopar message board! You have come to the right place
    How is your new turbo performing so far?
    Chris Wright www.TurbosUnleashed.com Chris@TurbosUnleashed.com 602-76-BOOST Tech/Sales#: Monday-Saturday 9AM-7PM MST Proudly Serving the Turbo-Mopar Community since 1997 TU is a performance, not marketing company. We provide accurate performance data on all our performance products. Fabricating data to make us appear better is just not our style. Do the research before you buy. ROCK BOTTOM PRICES WITHOUT THE HIDDEN HANDLING FEES.... -----HOME OF THE 9 SECOND FWD T-M CLUTCH-----

Mitsu booster

thank you for your response I am used to returning cores and as long as it is the same item the $ is returned. as far as the internals of the turbo yes it is worn out but it worked great when it was removed that is why i purchased a rebuilt from you because i knew it wasnt going to last long the inside of the turbo shouldnt be anything i have to pay for.

Attached below is our core policy page.

http://turbosunleashed.com/subpage.p...enu=corepolicy

This page provides detailed information on what an acceptable core is. It also includes information on which items are covered in a rebuild. Don't hesitate to contact us should you have any questions at all about our core policy.

Chris-TU
    Chris Wright www.TurbosUnleashed.com Chris@TurbosUnleashed.com 602-76-BOOST Tech/Sales#: Monday-Saturday 9AM-7PM MST Proudly Serving the Turbo-Mopar Community since 1997 TU is a performance, not marketing company. We provide accurate performance data on all our performance products. Fabricating data to make us appear better is just not our style. Do the research before you buy. ROCK BOTTOM PRICES WITHOUT THE HIDDEN HANDLING FEES.... -----HOME OF THE 9 SECOND FWD T-M CLUTCH-----

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by squirlydude1974 View Post
    thank you for your response I am used to returning cores and as long as it is the same item the $ is returned. as far as the internals of the turbo yes it is worn out but it worked great when it was removed that is why i purchased a rebuilt from you because i knew it wasnt going to last long the inside of the turbo shouldnt be anything i have to pay for.
    Just because it worked doesn't mean that its ok to rebuild and just because it was working you assume it should be ok with nothing damaged???????
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info