Hi,

Currently I have my Daytona taken apart for a general overhoul including engine rebuilt etc...

My main problem area was my drive train. While friends of mine who know more then I do trying to conclude what to do with my tranny I have decisions to make, about what flywheel I am going to use in the future.

The car is a 300whp project aiming at frequent highway use more then the occasional drag racing. If racing I'd rather be on a circle track.

I did have a fidanza flywheel mounted which I did like from the revving point of view but it showed clear evidence that it was easyly stressed with heat. The Steel insert looked like it suffered a lot from heat.

I also do have an offer to get my steel flywheel professionally lightened for free.

So really a luxury problem. But I would be interested to know how and especially why you would decide for one of those options - other then rule requirements!

So here we go.

My tendency goes to the lightened steel flywheel. But still I'd be interested to know, why and how you'd decide.