Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: TU's Stuff Highly recommended!

Garrett booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

Re: TU's Stuff Highly recommended!

Anyone try the Ultimate Race 4 puck blue plate, I bought it awhile ago and just put it in with there competition steel flywheel. I haven't got'n to drive it yet( still putting it together). Owned the car for 3 years close to been done!

I ran the 4 puck/blue plate in my shadow, see post #14

turbo addict

I have that clutch in my car for now but much more hp and I will expect it to start to slip.

Quote Originally Posted by 2.216VTurbo View Post
    Since this kinda turned into a 'what TU clutch are you running thread' I'll chime in on that too with a small admission.

Couple years ago when I bought a TU yellow plate/6 puck, I could not find any external differences with a stock PP cover (other than that lovely yellow color) I was suspicious of the claims so I kept it on the shelf until the Rampage was ready for it's new hybrid trans last weekend. In the meantime, I did have the clutch checked out (as it turns out sheerly by coincidence by the guy who built it for TU, what are the odds) Turns out there ARE plenty of mods under the cover, machining, changing of pivot point, that kind of thing that creates the increased clamping force. It is in fact, right about 40% more clamp than stock (slighty more on the PP tester actually).

I wanted a clutch that will hold but also engage stock-ish, too many hateable clutches have been in my projects over the years So I combined the PP with a stock disc, yes I measured the thickness VS the 6 puck they are within .005-.007 (a little more with the Marcel compressed) so I think it should be fine. After about 75 miles it is working perfectly and I almost never say that about a clutch. They are almost always too much/too sudden/ too harsh/not enough or some other problem. I am liking what I have but will reserve the final opinion until after Mopars at The Strip in 8 days. If the clutch holds the 8.5" slicks, I'll be stoked

I appreciate you coming forward with your experiences Alan. As you confirmed, we tend to be a bit conservative on all the performance numbers we advertise. Were you in NY recently?

I am also glad to hear you have been enjoying our clutch so far. What happened to the disk we sold you? I can't guarantee that stock disc you installed will hold up against the slicks. But, let us know how it goes.

Chris-TU
    Chris Wright www.TurbosUnleashed.com Chris@TurbosUnleashed.com 602-76-BOOST Tech/Sales#: Monday-Saturday 9AM-7PM MST Proudly Serving the Turbo-Mopar Community since 1997 TU is a performance, not marketing company. We provide accurate performance data on all our performance products. Fabricating data to make us appear better is just not our style. Do the research before you buy. ROCK BOTTOM PRICES WITHOUT THE HIDDEN HANDLING FEES.... -----HOME OF THE 9 SECOND FWD T-M CLUTCH-----

turbo addict

Luke took me for a ride this afternoon and all i can say is this car rips. ~20 psi on pump gas and the tires were hazing 4th.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor 30 PSI SHADOW's Avatar

you better slow down!! LOL! cool to see the sun shining again. Spring is in the air..

bill

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo3Iroc View Post
    Luke took me for a ride this afternoon and all i can say is this car rips. ~20 psi on pump gas and the tires were hazing 4th.
    you are a brave man! I am not getting in that "thing".

Garrett booster

Quote Originally Posted by crazymadbastard View Post
    you are a brave man! I am not getting in that "thing".

Should be at the dyno this saturday if my injectors get here.

Quote Originally Posted by shelbyES View Post
    Anyone try the Ultimate Race 4 puck blue plate, I bought it awhile ago and just put it in with there competition steel flywheel. I haven't got'n to drive it yet( still putting it together). Owned the car for 3 years close to been done!
    I have it with the ceramic 4 puck in my charger. 325+ foot pounds of torque with a 5000 rpm launch on slicks without any slippage. It is a little grabby but it is easy to get used to.
    SDAC member "It's not the ride, it's the rider."

Quote Originally Posted by slasky View Post
    I have it with the ceramic 4 puck in my charger. 325+ foot pounds of torque with a 5000 rpm launch on slicks without any slippage. It is a little grabby but it is easy to get used to.
    Hmm yeah I guess I never said about that. 6000 RPM launches on slicks with a full weight shadow here with atleast 350 ftlbs on the 4 puck/blue plate with the clutch not even thinking about slipping one bit.

Garrett booster

Well........Chris came through and got my 72pph injectors to my house before the weekend so I can get it on the dyno tommorow. I street tuned it tonite with race gas and even sprayed it a few times. A/F's were 11.2 on 32psi and were jumping between 10's and 11.7 on the bottle........nice and safe now. I can actually admit the car actually scares me now. its not safe in any way shape or form. I like it but it makes me think twice when its on the bottle burning out soooo effortlessly in 4th. The "dyno day" guys are gonna poop when my car is burning out on the rollers good thing im driving it!
    I dont wanna jinx myself, but my guesstimation is more than 550WHP&TQ.

Thanks Chris!! I will call you tommorow with details! Oh yeah......I got a real video camera for the occassion this time.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor 2.216VTurbo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPER60omni View Post
    Well........Chris came through and got my 72pph injectors to my house before the weekend so I can get it on the dyno tommorow. I street tuned it tonite with race gas and even sprayed it a few times. A/F's were 11.2 on 32psi and were jumping between 10's and 11.7 on the bottle........nice and safe now. I can actually admit the car actually scares me now. its not safe in any way shape or form. I like it but it makes me think twice when its on the bottle burning out soooo effortlessly in 4th. The "dyno day" guys are gonna poop when my car is burning out on the rollers good thing im driving it!
    I dont wanna jinx myself, but my guesstimation is more than 550WHP&TQ.

Thanks Chris!! I will call you tommorow with details! Oh yeah......I got a real video camera for the occassion this time.

So it's been 2 days... Results?

AJ (no More Alan) 84 Rampage RT TIII/568 Quaife 87 GLHS dealer optioned Red 16V Masi/568/Quaife
    90 Masi 16V White/Ginger/Black
    89 TC Masi 16V Red/Ginger/Black
    86 GLHS #110 RoadRace Built 89 CSX-VNT Recaro Car
    89 Turbo Mini 'Woody' 85 GLHT 'RedBox'
    2014 Explorer DD'r 3.5Twin Turbo Ecoboost AWD and 500HP
    My profile page has over 20,000 views, I'm somebody LOL

I think he got arrested for dyno abuse.

Garrett booster

Garrett booster

Well the TU Purple plate seemed to hold the 600Ft/Lbs on the dyno no problem!

NICE!!!

Now we just have to find you some 600Ft/Lbs tires

Chris-TU
    Chris Wright www.TurbosUnleashed.com Chris@TurbosUnleashed.com 602-76-BOOST Tech/Sales#: Monday-Saturday 9AM-7PM MST Proudly Serving the Turbo-Mopar Community since 1997 TU is a performance, not marketing company. We provide accurate performance data on all our performance products. Fabricating data to make us appear better is just not our style. Do the research before you buy. ROCK BOTTOM PRICES WITHOUT THE HIDDEN HANDLING FEES.... -----HOME OF THE 9 SECOND FWD T-M CLUTCH-----

Garrett booster

Quote Originally Posted by Chris W View Post
    NICE!!!

Now we just have to find you some 600Ft/Lbs tires

Chris-TU

hahaha.....im gonna call John Force later and ask him if he would sell me a set

Hybrid booster

I'm happy about that!!! That means that I will have no issues

Garrett booster

Quote Originally Posted by 85glht View Post
    I'm happy about that!!! That means that I will have no issues
    ......no issues with your clutch at least. Motor is another story

Just jokin dave......Let me know what you find wrong. If its a piston or wrist pin I have spare 2.2 STD JE's with pins. I have good T2 rods with ARP's to (i have 3) if somthing is messed up with yours. Let me know.

Hybrid booster

......no issues with your clutch at least. Motor is another story
    Haha....... Bob's called and my stuff is ready. It was a worn out rod bushing. I brought him all four to check out....... it was #3 that was bad. I'll have the stuff tomorrow and I need to order some stuff too...... in a nutshell I'll be ready soon

Thanks for the offer on the parts

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast