Thread: Where to find LMLog?

Where to find LMLog?

I listed all the possible ways to datalog the 87 LM that I know of. I was hoping to get some more info on them.

LMLog
    I have been reading a lot lately about different ways to log the 87 LM. I remember seeing a download for LMLog on the old MoparChem site. Now I can't find it on the new site. Does anyone know where to find that download? Does it work well?

Chem
    I also read that Chem can datalog. I did not see anyway to do datalogging with zChem but I did see that Chem190 has datalogging built into it. Is using the Chem190 the only way to datalog with Chem?

Winlog
    I also recently read that Winlog could be an option. Is this working now?

Minidash
    And finally, Minidash is the other way to datalog (using a PDA). I did download it, but I could only get it to come up if I changed the date on my PDA to March 1, 2007 because the software expired. I can't test it because my car is still apart. Does minidash work well? It seemed like there was a problem with the graphics being slow. Is this true? Is there a certain PDA I should use that would work best with Minidash? My current PDA (Palm Tungsten E) will not work because it uses a mini USB. I read that you must use a serial cable for Minidash to work. I could buy a used PDA for Minidash if I knew which one is the best.

Finally, Do all methods of datalogging need the same type of serial/TTL converter from the LM to the computer? Or is there a USB style of connector that will work? I thought I read that Winlog could use USB.

Thanks for your help!

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

Re: Where to find LMLog?

Get an OTC 4000E scanner.

I'll dig up a program you can use with it or someone will beat me to it.
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

Visit www.boostbutton.com... Turbo Mopar Contributor ShelGame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TommyT View Post

Minidash
    And finally, Minidash is the other way to datalog (using a PDA). I did download it, but I could only get it to come up if I changed the date on my PDA to March 1, 2007 because the software expired. I can't test it because my car is still apart. Does minidash work well? It seemed like there was a problem with the graphics being slow. Is this true? Is there a certain PDA I should use that would work best with Minidash? My current PDA (Palm Tungsten E) will not work because it uses a mini USB. I read that you must use a serial cable for Minidash to work. I could buy a used PDA for Minidash if I knew which one is the best.

Finally, Do all methods of datalogging need the same type of serial/TTL converter from the LM to the computer? Or is there a USB style of connector that will work? I thought I read that Winlog could use USB.

Thanks for your help!
    Minidash does work. But, as you said, you have to adjust the date since I made it expire. It was meant to be a beta only and I didn't want to be debugging old versions. I hit a major roadblock with it and haven't finished it. It will datalog only about 2 samples/sec. That's due to the graphics and the relatively low processing power the Palm has. Fixing the graphics was the roadblock...

I built a test version for myself a while back to try and get the logging rate up. I disabled the graphics update and got near 10 samples/sec. I intend to just wipe the graphics display and change it to a text display and release it without an expiration. I just haven't got to it yet. MiniDash still needs a line level converter, but it will at least work with any LM/SMEC/SBEC with no baud rate modifications.
    https://db.tt/SV7ONZpQ
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman View Post
    Get an OTC 4000E scanner.

I'll dig up a program you can use with it or someone will beat me to it.
    http://jwhweb.com/

This web site has a free program and instructions on how to do it!

Garrett booster

LMLog can be found here.

http://sites.google.com/site/jpcturbo/Home

Last I heard it worked. My LM car has been down for a while and I haven't had any feed back since the last build date.

You will want to press the Setup button on the Right first and set what data you want to log along with your map sensor type. Setup the com port next and press Log to start logging.

The program uses the same TTL to serial adapter that everything else uses. I've tried a TTL to USB Cable on my SMEC van, with no luck.

Wow...Thanks guys! I should be pretty dangerous now. Any word on the zChem datalogging? Is it just through Chem190?