Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Holset V-Band clamp

Hybrid booster

Holset V-Band clamp

Can you get these? I need one for the center section of my HE351, typical v-band clamps don't fit. It is just under 4" I think. The clamp was made by R.G.Ray.

Thanks,
    Ryan

Re: Holset V-Band clamp

Quote Originally Posted by RJ138 View Post
    Can you get these? I need one for the center section of my HE351, typical v-band clamps don't fit. It is just under 4" I think. The clamp was made by R.G.Ray.

Thanks,
    Ryan
    Hey Ryan,

PM me and I will see what I can do to help you out.

Thanks!

Chris-TU
    Chris Wright www.TurbosUnleashed.com Chris@TurbosUnleashed.com 602-76-BOOST Tech/Sales#: Monday-Saturday 9AM-7PM MST Proudly Serving the Turbo-Mopar Community since 1997 TU is a performance, not marketing company. We provide accurate performance data on all our performance products. Fabricating data to make us appear better is just not our style. Do the research before you buy. ROCK BOTTOM PRICES WITHOUT THE HIDDEN HANDLING FEES.... -----HOME OF THE 9 SECOND FWD T-M CLUTCH-----

Hybrid booster

PM sent

Thanks

Basic Vendor (MSD, Hawk, etc) Turbo Mopar Contributor rbryant's Avatar

I think they are basically a 3.5" clamp but they need to be narrow a standard 3.5" exhaust vband won't work.

-Rich

Hybrid booster

Did you find anything?

Quote Originally Posted by RJ138 View Post
    Did you find anything?
    PM sent
    Chris Wright www.TurbosUnleashed.com Chris@TurbosUnleashed.com 602-76-BOOST Tech/Sales#: Monday-Saturday 9AM-7PM MST Proudly Serving the Turbo-Mopar Community since 1997 TU is a performance, not marketing company. We provide accurate performance data on all our performance products. Fabricating data to make us appear better is just not our style. Do the research before you buy. ROCK BOTTOM PRICES WITHOUT THE HIDDEN HANDLING FEES.... -----HOME OF THE 9 SECOND FWD T-M CLUTCH-----

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor rx2mazda's Avatar

If you still need one, PM ME and I can point you in the right direction

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by rx2mazda View Post
    If you still need one, PM ME and I can point you in the right direction
    PM sent.

Mitsu booster

I just joined this forum and I saw your offer to help someone find a v band clamp for a Holset Turbo. I am trying to find a v band clamp for a Holset Turbo model 3LD. The largest outside diameter is 4.725 inches. The smaller inside diameter is 4.425 in. The flange with is 0.150 inches. Both flanges together make it 0.300 inches. I took these measurement with the turbo dissembled using a dial caliper so, they are about as accurate as possible. I have been having a hell of a time trying to find a v band for this turbo.

Thanks

PS, I can't seem to send any PMs. I guess I have to make 5 posts in order to do this. I tried to PM a few who have already offered help to other.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquarius View Post
    I just joined this forum and I saw your offer to help someone find a v band clamp for a Holset Turbo. I am trying to find a v band clamp for a Holset Turbo model 3LD. The largest outside diameter is 4.725 inches. The smaller inside diameter is 4.425 in. The flange with is 0.150 inches. Both flanges together make it 0.300 inches. I took these measurement with the turbo dissembled using a dial caliper so, they are about as accurate as possible. I have been having a hell of a time trying to find a v band for this turbo.

Thanks

PS, I can't seem to send any PMs. I guess I have to make 5 posts in order to do this. I tried to PM a few who have already offered help to other.
    I will check my inventory to see if we have that one in stock. Please contact me at chris@turbosunleashed.com.

Thanks!

Chris-TU

turbo addict

Thanks

If chris doesn't have one I know I got mine from g pop shop for like 30bux or so. From my knowledge it's still a Chrysler/holset only item.

Mitsu booster

Thanks for the replies so far guys. I really appreciate it. I have tried to send PMs, but the site will not allow me to do that until I have at least 5 posts.

I want to get two of the clamps if possible. Lets see what Chris W comes up with. If he doesn't have one, then I'll follow RoachJuice's lead.

Thanks again.

Mitsu booster

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. I have not heard back from Chris W.

RoachJuice, can you let me know were you found that V-Band clamp?

Thanks

Mitsu booster

Hi All,

I am still having no luck in finding this clamp. Any other ideas?

I beleive we found what you are looking for. I will post a photo tomorrow.

Chris-TU

Mitsu booster

Thanks Chris. Looking forward to seeing the photo. Remember, I llisted dimensions a few posts ago. So far, based on the folks that I have spoken to so far, getting an exact match has been the problem.

Here ya go! Let me know if you think it will work.

Chris-TU
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	v-band clamp.jpg 
Views:	771 
Size:	34.1 KB 
ID:	27226   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	holset v-band width.jpg 
Views:	319 
Size:	37.1 KB 
ID:	27227  

Mitsu booster

Thanks Chris, but I think its a bit too small. The outside diameter of the flange is 4.725 inches. That has to be the diameter of the inside clamping part. Is it possible that you have one a little larger?

Thanks Chris, but I think its a bit too small. The outside diameter of the flange is 4.725 inches. That has to be the diameter of the inside clamping part. Is it possible that you have one a little larger?
    I'll see if we have a larger one around. Also, I will unscrew the clamp all the way and remeasure.

Chris-TU

Mitsu booster

I have also some old Holset turbos in my boat and are in need of 2 v-band that holds the exhaust part of turbo to the main center bearing housing.

Holset says that they dont make this v-band anymore.
    I then found this site that can make them for you

http://www.clampco.com/products/v-ba...e-to-order.asp

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast