Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chrysler .63 a/r turbine housings are back!

Exclamation Chrysler .63 a/r turbine housings are back!

After countless emails and telephone conversations with Turbonetics we finally convinced them to bring back the Chrysler style .63 A/R turbine housings. Unfortunately, they won't be completed until March. If you are seriously interested in reserving one for your turbo then we strongly suggest contacting us as soon as possible.

Thanks!!

Chris-TU
    Chris Wright www.TurbosUnleashed.com Chris@TurbosUnleashed.com 602-76-BOOST Tech/Sales#: Monday-Saturday 9AM-7PM MST Proudly Serving the Turbo-Mopar Community since 1997 TU is a performance, not marketing company. We provide accurate performance data on all our performance products. Fabricating data to make us appear better is just not our style. Do the research before you buy. ROCK BOTTOM PRICES WITHOUT THE HIDDEN HANDLING FEES.... -----HOME OF THE 9 SECOND FWD T-M CLUTCH-----

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor "Top Fuel" Bender's Avatar

Re: Chrysler .63 a/r turbine housings are back!

Nice Job Chris
    I know that's been a real BIG issue
    10's AGAIN '07, '08, '09
    TFB Fabrications custom billet machined parts for you Turbo Mopar

Thanks Bruce!

Well, it's not a "complete" victory yet. We'll see if they do more after this next batch is depleted.

Chris-TU
    Chris Wright www.TurbosUnleashed.com Chris@TurbosUnleashed.com 602-76-BOOST Tech/Sales#: Monday-Saturday 9AM-7PM MST Proudly Serving the Turbo-Mopar Community since 1997 TU is a performance, not marketing company. We provide accurate performance data on all our performance products. Fabricating data to make us appear better is just not our style. Do the research before you buy. ROCK BOTTOM PRICES WITHOUT THE HIDDEN HANDLING FEES.... -----HOME OF THE 9 SECOND FWD T-M CLUTCH-----

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

Kind of a mixed blessing as you redid the header for both flanges,

Glad they actually listened for once.
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman View Post
    Kind of a mixed blessing as you redid the header for both flanges,

Glad they actually listened for once.
    And the swingvalve too.

That's okay, the day will come when they will discontinue the housings for good. When that time comes we will be prepared with a solution.

Chris-TU

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor

Good to hear! So will you be selling just the housing or complete turbo's with the housing?

Invisible Turbo Mopar Contributor mcsvt's Avatar

It could be because I kept begging to have my SII .63 housing on a new turbo... Or at least that didn't hurt
    -Gary Mazzone-
    1986 GLHS #168

Quote Originally Posted by omni_840 View Post
    Good to hear! So will you be selling just the housing or complete turbo's with the housing?
    We are not sure at this time. We will make an announcement once we get more details.

Thanks!

Chris-TU

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Chris W View Post
    We are not sure at this time. We will make an announcement once we get more details.

Thanks!

Chris-TU

Cool, keep us posted

After countless emails and telephone conversations with Turbonetics we finally convinced them to bring back the Chrysler style .63 A/R turbine housings. Unfortunately, they won't be completed until March. If you are seriously interested in reserving one for your turbo then we strongly suggest contacting us as soon as possible.

Thanks!!

Chris-TU
    from total left field, what is the difference between your design and turbonetics? Or was it more for the manufacturing? Thanks for all your hard work

bernie

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

Nice work Chris

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

Quote Originally Posted by gti_7 View Post
    from total left field, what is the difference between your design and turbonetics? Or was it more for the manufacturing? Thanks for all your hard work

bernie
    Turbonetics manufacturers them and we resell them. We have pushed them hard over the last few months since many of our products utilize the unique Chrysler bolt pattern. We are going to work on them now for the Chrysler style compressor housing. Hopefully the outcome will be the same. Wish us luck.

Chris-TU

Quote Originally Posted by BadAssPerformance View Post
    Nice work Chris
    Thanks JT. I guess one of your products now also relies on the availability of these.

Chris-TU

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor Darkapollo's Avatar

Chris, are these in stock?
    As long as my tax return hits my bank tomorrow im going to order one.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkapollo View Post
    Chris, are these in stock?
    As long as my tax return hits my bank tomorrow im going to order one.
    Yes, we have over 25 of these in stock right now, but, they are reserved for turbo purchases and will not be sold separately. Hope that works with your plans.

Chris-TU

No, i just wished to purchase a housing. i have no need for a new turbo.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor 2.216VTurbo's Avatar

Yes, we have over 25 of these in stock right now, but, they are reserved for turbo purchases and will not be sold separately. Hope that works with your plans.

Chris-TU
    Shocking that they are only available with a turbo purchase I'm betting that if someone *only* needed a housing upgrade and TU doesn't offer that option, any Turbonetics dealer would have access to the housings. Just talking out my a$$ of course but sounds reasonable...

AJ (no More Alan) 84 Rampage RT TIII/568 Quaife 87 GLHS dealer optioned Red 16V Masi/568/Quaife
    90 Masi 16V White/Ginger/Black
    89 TC Masi 16V Red/Ginger/Black
    86 GLHS #110 RoadRace Built 89 CSX-VNT Recaro Car
    89 Turbo Mini 'Woody' 85 GLHT 'RedBox'
    2014 Explorer DD'r 3.5Twin Turbo Ecoboost AWD and 500HP
    My profile page has over 20,000 views, I'm somebody LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Darkapollo View Post
    No, i just wished to purchase a housing. i have no need for a new turbo.
    Unless your turbo is fitted with Turbonetics newer style F1 turbine wheel or you remachine the wheel for an older style stage 2/3 wheel the housing will not fit. Turbonetics stopped machining their turbine housings for Stage 1, 2 and 3 turbine wheels last year.

Chris-TU

I just dont want to drop a franklin on a stock .48 when I can get the .63 for a bit more. And I dont want to redrill the manifold for the standard t3 pattern and then need a new SV for the ford style.

Its just a stock T2.. no stage what ever... I fubared my .48 when I was changing the SV from 2.25 to 2.5 and I dont really want to buy a stock housing.

Quote Originally Posted by 2.216VTurbo View Post
    Shocking that they are only available with a turbo purchase I'm betting that if someone *only* needed a housing upgrade and TU doesn't offer that option, any Turbonetics dealer would have access to the housings. Just talking out my a$$ of course but sounds reasonable...
    There were limited quantities manufactured and Turbonetics was sold out even before they were completed. I am doubtful that there will be anymore made in the future though. Many of the ones we have were already reserved for customer turbo builds and I have several of my own projects that I will be using them for as well. Check with other vendors. They may have different plans with their supply. AFAIK there could have been up to 2 other vendors who received some.

Chris-TU

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast