Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1990 VNT Shadow

Hybrid booster

1990 VNT Shadow

Does anyone have the official production number breakdown by color, options and such? I know there were 30 competition package cars and I guess some 4-dr cars but how many of each? I'm just trying to know my car better. Any info will be appreciated!

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor j4278h's Avatar

Re: 1990 VNT Shadow

5 million you should sell it to me and get something rare that doesn't have this girl shelby name written all over the interior.

Hybrid booster

LOL.. I must be one of the few people that actually like the vnt's. My csx was hands down the most reliable car I've had to date and I ran it pretty hard. I don't plan to sell this car. I know it's a LOT more rare than my csx and maybe even more than I believe it is since it's on a disposable platform and doesn't say Shelby everywhere...

Hot Certified Christians at TD! Turbo Mopar Staff Directconnection's Avatar

I have 2, myself.

When *I* was the one that got the production #s from Chrysler around '98, I asked them for a color breakedown. They told me the "books' didn't give them that info. Yet, years later, I see other TM's with a color breakdown.

FWIW: Red is the most common color, followed by black. White and silver follow up the rear.
    Quote Originally Posted by 22mopar
    have a look at my feedback on the forum. all positive.

Steve

'90 VNT competition package Shadow - T-III SC6262 conversion/restoration
    '91 Spirit R/T - white
    '91 Spirit R/T - white
    '92 IROC R/T - red
    '67 Barracuda 273 now, 440/727 awaits....

Hybrid booster

So the 141 total production for 1990 is accurate minus the 30 competition cars. How many of the remaining 111 were 4-drs?

Quote Originally Posted by SpiritedShelbys View Post
    So the 141 total production for 1990 is accurate minus the 30 competition cars. How many of the remaining 111 were 4-drs?
    Nobody knows. The woman I spoke with back in '98 told me 30 out of the 141 were the cp cars, yet when I got the actual printout.... the #s came out to 27. They told me that the #s were different because there were no 4-door vnt cars according to their books. Yet, we have seen 1-2 were actually made. Maybe that 27 and 30 ting means there are 3 4-doors?

Steve

'91 Spirit R/T - white
    '91 Spirit R/T - white
    '92 IROC R/T - red

Hybrid booster

hmm.. the 4-dr I saw online was an ES tho... can't be a cp? I'm amazed since I've seen very detailed breakdowns of the glh and shelby chargers amongst others but none on the vnt shadows. Odd..

Garrett booster

I always wondered what the production numbers of the 4-door VNTs were too. My brother has one of the few VNT 4-doors and no one seems to know much about them. The guy he bought it from said there were 7 made for the Chrysler executives and they were given a 1 year lease and then they were sold to the public after the lease was up. I don't know if this information is credible but thats the most I have heard.

Hybrid booster

You should post pics interior/exterior/underhood. I'd like to see that.

Garrett booster

Here are some pics of the 90 Shadow ES VNT 4-door that my brother has, it will go in to get repainted in a few weeks.

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by Directconnection View Post
    Nobody knows. The woman I spoke with back in '98 told me 30 out of the 141 were the cp cars, yet when I got the actual printout.... the #s came out to 27. They told me that the #s were different because there were no 4-door vnt cars according to their books. Yet, we have seen 1-2 were actually made. Maybe that 27 and 30 ting means there are 3 4-doors?
    Which car is that in your sig? I can tell it's a P-body Looks nice!

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by 1986GLH View Post
    Here are some pics of the 90 Shadow ES VNT 4-door that my brother has, it will go in to get repainted in a few weeks.

That is a REALLY cool find! I didn't think I'd dig the 4-dr but seeing it.. I was WAAAY wrong. Is that the original paint/decals? The reason I ask is that I know mine has and some of the decals aren't there and one isn't like the others I've seen. Very nice find!

Which car is that in your sig? I can tell it's a P-body Looks nice!
    That's the engine bay of my '90 competition package VNT Shadow. I started tearing into the drivetrain 2-1/2 years ago, and after the divorce... that's as far as I got! She's all dusty right now... and the rear end is apart... I may be doing the cardinal sin thing and putting a T-III between the fenders.

My ES VNT may be for sale.... arizona car all in primer. Need to thin the herd.

Steve

'91 Spirit R/T - white
    '91 Spirit R/T - white
    '92 IROC R/T - red

Garrett booster

That is a REALLY cool find! I didn't think I'd dig the 4-dr but seeing it.. I was WAAAY wrong. Is that the original paint/decals? The reason I ask is that I know mine has and some of the decals aren't there and one isn't like the others I've seen. Very nice find!
    The paint and decals are all factory as far as I know. Can't wait to see what it looks like after the new rockers get put on and the rest of the rust fixed and the new paint and decals. I will try to get pictures of the interior this weekend and post them.

I just wish we could find out more about it, the guy my brother bought it from said it was 1 of 7 made.

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by Directconnection View Post
    That's the engine bay of my '90 competition package VNT Shadow. I started tearing into the drivetrain 2-1/2 years ago, and after the divorce... that's as far as I got! She's all dusty right now... and the rear end is apart... I may be doing the cardinal sin thing and putting a T-III between the fenders.

My ES VNT may be for sale.... arizona car all in primer. Need to thin the herd.
    Don't feel too bad and I'd NEVER thought I'd be saying this about my '89 CSX but I'm doing a T3 swap and it's not as rare as yours... LOL I think a T3 CSX is the end-all be-all street/strip car. I really do! BUT I do love the T4 as well more street than strip but I've heard of some people into 13's which to me, ain't bad!

Hybrid booster

The paint and decals are all factory as far as I know. Can't wait to see what it looks like after the new rockers get put on and the rest of the rust fixed and the new paint and decals. I will try to get pictures of the interior this weekend and post them.

I just wish we could find out more about it, the guy my brother bought it from said it was 1 of 7 made.
    My car has had paint work. It doesn't look like it's been banged or anything but decals are missing and some aren't right, I THINK... Anyone have old pics of these cars? I noticed yours has a stripe down the belt line and door decals. Mine doesn't, should it?

Hybrid booster

My little project.. dirty but i'm sure it'll clean up nicely!

Yeah, I've never seen a turbo four door and that looks way nice. Awesome find!

Garrett booster

My car has had paint work. It doesn't look like it's been banged or anything but decals are missing and some aren't right, I THINK... Anyone have old pics of these cars? I noticed yours has a stripe down the belt line and door decals. Mine doesn't, should it?
    I do believe that the VNT ES cars are supposed to have the bletline and door decals, you can get the from positive impressions. Thats where my brother is getting his from.

Hybrid booster

I do believe that the VNT ES cars are supposed to have the bletline and door decals, you can get the from positive impressions. Thats where my brother is getting his from.
    Eh.. I think I'm going to leave it the way it is. It'll be a rather innocuous sleeper and I kinda like it. It isn't going to be completely stock anyway, it'll be massaged so why not let it look the part? I do need to locate some center caps for the pumpers. Anyone know if the 15" caps differ from the 16" ones?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast