Thread: Not a great experience with 87CSX603

Garrett booster

Exclamation Not a great experience with 87CSX603

I hate to bad mouth another fellow TD person but I feel I have no other recourse here other than to inform other list members of this deal. I paid 87CSX603, via PayPal, $40 for a power steering pump on Wednesday, January 14. He/she was unable to ship the pump until Wednesday, January 21. I was totally cool with that since we talked about it ahead of time. I waited a few days and it didn't come so I asked if there was a shipping or tracking number. I was told there was no tracking number but that they were told it would take 7 - 10 days. This person is located near Harrisburg, PA and I live in Rockville, MD. I could have spent a day and driven to get the pump, but I had it shipped. I wouldn't think it should take 7 - 10 days to go that distance, but I was OK with the shipping time after he/she told me about it.

Well, I still have not seen the pump yet and, as of tomorrow, it will have been three weeks since the supposed ship date and a month since payment. I have tried to contact the seller a few times asking about the issue and have stopped getting responses. I asked if he/she would send the money back to me, with the understanding that I would send the money back if the pump ever showed up, and have gotten no response.

I know $40 may not sound like a lot of money to some but getting that money back would double the money I have to my name right now. Not to tell a sob story or anything but I barely make it as is (single father, two kids, crappy job while I study at night in the hopes of a better job) and without a P/S pump (all I really need is the darn pulley!) I can't drive my car. I do have another car but I am trying to sell it to pay off some debt. I just can't afford to be out the $40 if it means I still can't drive my car. I am going to try to go through PayPal to get my money back but I don't know if there is anything they will do since it wasn't an auction purchase...I dunno...we'll see.

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

Re: Not a great experience with 87CSX603

What do you need a pulley for? pay shipping and I'll get one out today. You can pay for shipping later if you want. I am not rich but can wait for $15.
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

The moderately moderate moderator Turbo Mopar Staff

Which steering pump do you have, the old ham can style or newer square looking pump? I have an extra ham can(early style) pump that I'll pull the pulley and send it to you.
    Not trying to out do Simon. I'm a lot closer than him and could get it there cheaper and faster, thats all. He probably has the newer pump pulley.
    Bryan
    86 GLHS #161, 2016 Impala
    SDAC National Member, SDAC Buckeye Chapter Member

A man has got to know his limitations.....

Garrett booster

Actually, I already got in touch with Simon. He said he does have that pulley and that he would send it today. I appreciate the offer, though.

The moderately moderate moderator Turbo Mopar Staff

No problem. Glad he could help you out.
    Bryan
    86 GLHS #161, 2016 Impala
    SDAC National Member, SDAC Buckeye Chapter Member

A man has got to know his limitations.....

Garrett booster

Just an update: I was finally contacted by the seller...but only after posting this thread AND starting a dispute on PayPal. The seller told me he would send the money back if the pump doesn't turn up "soon." Well, I gave it a few more days and still nothing. After contacting the seller to let him know it still hasn't shown up, I've gotten no response. I guess I didn't really expect it to turn out any differently, but I guess I'm too trusting because I thought I might actually get the money back after the guy contacted me. Hopefully, this time I will be able to say "lesson learned."

Thanks again to everyone who reached out to help me (y'all know who you are ).

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor Anonymous_User's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by g0bbledeeg00k View Post
    I guess I'm too trusting because I thought I might actually get the money back after the guy contacted me. Hopefully, this time I will be able to say "lesson learned."
    Sometimes crap happens. I don't mean to belittle your situation, but what I mean is, don't let this influence your opinion of board transactions. There are a LOT of REALLY good people here.

I hope you get your $$ back and I hope your future transactions go smoothly!

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

Yep, tons of good people,
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

Garrett booster

Thanks guys. I have had lots of good transactions over the years (I was a member of the other forum before we all came over here) and never had a problem before. Heck, I bought my Aries from a board member sight unseen. I've still never actually met the guy since the car was shipped up here. So, it just really sucked that I got taken on this one. Oh well, at least it was $40 and not $400. Thanks again to everyone .

Happen to have this guys address? I live 2 miles from Harrisburg. PM me.