Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: HELP! R/T Caught the no start issue!

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor 2.216VTurbo's Avatar

Re: HELP! R/T Caught the no start issue!

Man what a confusing thread I read it through carefully though and have deciphered what Chris is saying. He said, Masi's rule Simple huh?

AJ (no More Alan) 84 Rampage RT TIII/568 Quaife 87 GLHS dealer optioned Red 16V Masi/568/Quaife
    90 Masi 16V White/Ginger/Black
    89 TC Masi 16V Red/Ginger/Black
    86 GLHS #110 RoadRace Built 89 CSX-VNT Recaro Car
    89 Turbo Mini 'Woody' 85 GLHT 'RedBox'
    2014 Explorer DD'r 3.5Twin Turbo Ecoboost AWD and 500HP
    My profile page has over 20,000 views, I'm somebody LOL

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanman²'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bansheenut420 View Post
    Hey, thanks for typing slow as obviously I am the one who needs it here. But what does that have to do with the flywheel your vendor made, you obviously didnt test on a TIII car that doesnt work? Thanks for avoiding the questions. Like I said, cool they use it on other applications, but that dont mean crap for the guys who car wont run because of it. Again, thanks for typing slow. But how about helping with the problem you product caused instead of trying to name drop like thats going to help sold the no start issue. Yes, I am aware you didnt technically "name drop" but your trying to make it sound like becuase these guys build race car parts, they know somthing about a engine management sensor from the early 90's.
    Hey thanks for typing slow again, but maybe next time you could try reading a little slower.
    Again, why is the flywheel being blamed, he aleady said the pressure plate sits higher than the notches??????????

You don't think race shops know about 90's fuel injection, thats pretty insulting, especially looking at the clutch they built for Alan. Bet they'd love to hear you say that,

Quote Originally Posted by iTurbo View Post
    I don't really want to get into this, but I will say that my TIII aluminum flywheel wasn't coated with anything. Maybe the shop that TU uses thought some kind of optical sensor was used, I dunno. When I ordered it, I was expecting some kind of steel trigger ring on the outer circumference. I believe there is a picture of what I'm talking about in the aforementioned thread about Alan's masi flywheel/clutch setup.

At any rate, the new lightened TIII flywheels from TU should be on the way soon (I hope?) so I should be set for my two projects. I think I'd prefer them over the aluminum for other reasons anyway. I mean kudos for trying something new, but it's unfortunate the Dustin had to go through a lot of work only to have to pull it all apart again.
    It is but right now, it looks like his clutch is the issue.
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

Quote Originally Posted by iTurbo View Post
    I don't really want to get into this, but I will say that my TIII aluminum flywheel wasn't coated with anything. Maybe the shop that TU uses thought some kind of optical sensor was used, I dunno. When I ordered it, I was expecting some kind of steel trigger ring on the outer circumference. I believe there is a picture of what I'm talking about in the aforementioned thread about Alan's masi flywheel/clutch setup.

At any rate, the new lightened TIII flywheels from TU should be on the way soon (I hope?) so I should be set for my two projects. I think I'd prefer them over the aluminum for other reasons anyway. I mean kudos for trying something new, but it's unfortunate the Dustin had to go through a lot of work only to have to pull it all apart again.

We did not test each and every one of the Aluminum TIII flywheels we purchased from our vendor and sent to our customers. We tested the first one which worked fine. If it turns out that our vendor screwed up and did not coat the rest of the flywheels as promised we already informed Dustin that we are going to send him another one (that will be tested) then credit him for the full price of the flywheel for his troubles.

Jeremy, please send yours back in also so we can test it. I will replace it and refund your shipping if it turns out to be bad also. I was told your lightened flywheels were going out today or tomorrow (Tuesday). Send me a PM to let me know if the clutches arrived safely yet.

Quote Originally Posted by 2.216VTurbo View Post
    Man what a confusing thread I read it through carefully though and have deciphered what Chris is saying. He said, Masi's rule Simple huh?
    DAMN Alan! You always have a way of reading my mind. That's probably how you found Vince in the first place. LOL!

Chris-TU
    Chris Wright www.TurbosUnleashed.com Chris@TurbosUnleashed.com 602-76-BOOST Tech/Sales#: Monday-Saturday 9AM-7PM MST Proudly Serving the Turbo-Mopar Community since 1997 TU is a performance, not marketing company. We provide accurate performance data on all our performance products. Fabricating data to make us appear better is just not our style. Do the research before you buy. ROCK BOTTOM PRICES WITHOUT THE HIDDEN HANDLING FEES.... -----HOME OF THE 9 SECOND FWD T-M CLUTCH-----

boostaholic

Once I got the flywheel out I saw the pressure plate didn't interfere with the notches, sorry Simon for the mix up. I thought it did, but it is the same diameter as the original. I had the stock flywheel resurfaced today, put it on with the new TU clutch and PP, go the car back together and the car fired up right away with the stock flywheel. I had to fix a few vacuum leaks and I took it out for a spin, that 6 puck grabs like a mofo! I wasn't use to it, I even killed it a couple times. Nice to have the car back.

The whole flywheel issue kind of sucked, but I don't blame Chris. I feel there was a mix up with vendor that made the flywheel, they are the ones who made it and responsible for making sure it was suppose to work. Chris has been working with me on the whole deal and he said he would make it right. I still won't hesitate to do business with Chris and TU. I'm just glad we got it figured out now before more people tried messing with, I can take one the team once and a while.

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman View Post
    Again, why is the flywheel being blamed, he aleady said the pressure plate sits higher than the notches??????????

You don't think race shops know about 90's fuel injection, thats pretty insulting, especially looking at the clutch they built for Alan. Bet they'd love to hear you say that,

It is but right now, it looks like his clutch is the issue.
    Why am a I blaming it? Because its the problem. And, Where in that post did I say 90's fuel injection? I said a sensor. Unless these guys have worked with them before, they are not going to know how sensitve they are. No, whats insulting is a race shop "forgetting" to put a critical coating on it. Plus, you cant even get chris to answer questions on it. So, all I can say is I am glad I didnt get one. I will stick with the stuff thats TESTED ON TIII cars on not on some bench. Obviously someone didnt do there job at the place. I bet they would love to hear me say that.
    Gotta remember, I am a dick.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris W View Post
    We did not test each and every one of the Aluminum TIII flywheels we purchased from our vendor and sent to our customers. We tested the first one which worked fine. If it turns out that our vendor screwed up and did not coat the rest of the flywheels as promised we already informed Dustin that we are going to send him another one (that will be tested) then credit him for the full price of the flywheel for his troubles.

Jeremy, please send yours back in also so we can test it. I will replace it and refund your shipping if it turns out to be bad also. I was told your lightened flywheels were going out today or tomorrow (Tuesday). Send me a PM to let me know if the clutches arrived safely yet.

DAMN Alan! You always have a way of reading my mind. That's probably how you found Vince in the first place. LOL!

Chris-TU
    And, its not like I expected to get any answers from you. Cant handle the questions that might be incriminating, so you ignore them. Makes sense. Maybe you should type MORE S L O W L Y.
    And you mean of the 2 you have sold, both were bad? Because you didnt test any of them on a TIII car. But, I know we will never get the answer to that. But, I am not the one trying to sell something here.

Bansheenut, what is your point here?? The customer confirmed that it was the flywheel at fault. We contacted our supplier and they told us to send them back to check them out and repair them if necessary. We provided dds78910 with a free flywheel and he is satisfied with how we took care of the issue. Everyone is okay but you. Why must you stir the pot??? Is there not enough drama going on over on TurboDodge this week so you decided to start some here?
    Chris Wright www.TurbosUnleashed.com Chris@TurbosUnleashed.com 602-76-BOOST Tech/Sales#: Monday-Saturday 9AM-7PM MST Proudly Serving the Turbo-Mopar Community since 1997 TU is a performance, not marketing company. We provide accurate performance data on all our performance products. Fabricating data to make us appear better is just not our style. Do the research before you buy. ROCK BOTTOM PRICES WITHOUT THE HIDDEN HANDLING FEES.... -----HOME OF THE 9 SECOND FWD T-M CLUTCH-----

Bansheenut, what is your point here?? The customer confirmed that it was the flywheel at fault. We contacted our supplier and they told us to send them back to check them out and repair them if necessary. We provided dds78910 with a free flywheel and he is satisfied with how we took care of the issue. Everyone is okay but you. Why must you stir the pot??? Is there not enough drama going on over on TurboDodge this week so you decided to start some here?
    My point is you obviously didnt test them on a t3 car. Of the 2 you have probably sold both are bad. Thats my point. I like vendors who test stuff. Then your ignoring my ligit questions is also my point. And, sorry but we have tech over on the other place, but, thanks for the name drop. And, how did I start this? By being right? Sorry. I call em how I see em. Im sorry you decided to ignore my questions so I had to keep bugging you. Next time, instead of typing slow, read a little slower. Plus, I love the way you talk to me when I piss you off. I have never seen a vedor act quite like you do when your mad at a customer. Im quitting smoking this week, so you picked a bad week to ignore me. Any other questions I can answer for ya? If you would have answered mine. I wouldnt be in this thread anymore.

Might I suggest a Fidanza lightweight steal. I have one in my car, it works. Lighter than stock. Lighter than a drilled stocker.

Guess not eh? Wasnt trying to bash. I am just a complete idiot when it comes to these cars. Just wanted to give my .02. What pros use our setup?
    Just what did these pro's say about our setup? As I dont see anything in that thread you posted in relation to what we are talking about. That car doesnt even have a cps.
    Nice that you edited it, That wasn't so nice before, good job,

Quote Originally Posted by dds78910 View Post
    Once I got the flywheel out I saw the pressure plate didn't interfere with the notches, sorry Simon for the mix up. I thought it did, but it is the same diameter as the original. I had the stock flywheel resurfaced today, put it on with the new TU clutch and PP, go the car back together and the car fired up right away with the stock flywheel. I had to fix a few vacuum leaks and I took it out for a spin, that 6 puck grabs like a mofo! I wasn't use to it, I even killed it a couple times. Nice to have the car back.

The whole flywheel issue kind of sucked, but I don't blame Chris. I feel there was a mix up with vendor that made the flywheel, they are the ones who made it and responsible for making sure it was suppose to work. Chris has been working with me on the whole deal and he said he would make it right. I still won't hesitate to do business with Chris and TU. I'm just glad we got it figured out now before more people tried messing with, I can take one the team once and a while.
    Sorry man, that really sucks, at least you got it running,

Why am a I blaming it? Because its the problem. And, Where in that post did I say 90's fuel injection? I said a sensor. Unless these guys have worked with them before, they are not going to know how sensitve they are. No, whats insulting is a race shop "forgetting" to put a critical coating on it. Plus, you cant even get chris to answer questions on it. So, all I can say is I am glad I didnt get one. I will stick with the stuff thats TESTED ON TIII cars on not on some bench. Obviously someone didnt do there job at the place. I bet they would love to hear me say that.
    Gotta remember, I am a dick.
    Your right, it turned out to be a problem, sorry for Dustin but guess what, manufacterers make mistakes that are out of vendors controls, but you knew that right, and THAT never happens to anyone else, right?

Yep, read below, maybe that will job your memory. I even highlighted it for you!!

Quote Originally Posted by posted by the dickhead who can't remember what he types!!!
    Hey, thanks for typing slow as obviously I am the one who needs it here. But what does that have to do with the flywheel your vendor made, you obviously didnt test on a TIII car that doesnt work? Thanks for avoiding the questions. Like I said, cool they use it on other applications, but that dont mean crap for the guys who car wont run because of it. Again, thanks for typing slow. But how about helping with the problem you product caused instead of trying to name drop like thats going to help sold the no start issue. Yes, I am aware you didnt technically "name drop" but your trying to make it sound like becuase these guys build race car parts, they know somthing about a engine management sensor from the early 90's.
    Hey thanks for typing slow again, but maybe next time you could try reading a little slower.
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.

Nice that you edited it, That wasn't so nice before, good job,
    What did I edit? Please tell me. Tryinig to not be such a dick here. But, its hard for me.

Your right, it turned out to be a problem, sorry for Dustin but guess what, manufacterers make mistakes that are out of vendors controls, but you knew that right, and THAT never happens to anyone else, right?
    Well, obviously it wasnt TESTED on a TIII car was it? That is my point.

What did I edit? Please tell me.
    I didn't quote it before you edited it so I can't tell you but I know it wasn't so sugar coated.

It also says underneath your post, "edited by bs at 12:17 am" that would be last night.

Yep, read below, maybe that will job your memory. I even highlighted it for you!!
    OH, I see what your talking about. But, no where in that post does it say fuel injection. Infact the cps doesnt even control injectors.

I didn't quote it before you edited it so I can't tell you but I know it wasn't so sugar coated.

It also says underneath your post, "edited by bs at 12:17 am" that would be last night.
    Actually I think that was a typo, or a punctuation correction or somthing. Im a dick, especially today. I dont sugar coat ----.

My point is you obviously didnt test them on a t3 car. Of the 2 you have probably sold both are bad. Thats my point. I like vendors who test stuff. Then your ignoring my ligit questions is also my point. And, sorry but we have tech over on the other place, but, thanks for the name drop. And, how did I start this? By being right? Sorry. I call em how I see em. Im sorry you decided to ignore my questions so I had to keep bugging you. Next time, instead of typing slow, read a little slower. Plus, I love the way you talk to me when I piss you off.

Chris-TU
    If you would have answered mine. I wouldnt be in this thread anymore.
    See my previous post above. I e v e n h i g h l i g h t e d i t f o r y o u. Y e t y o u s t i l l c o m e b a c k.
    N o w l e a v e.
    I have never seen a vedor act quite like you do when your mad at a customer.
    I have no problem with dds78910. He is handling the situation as I would if I were the customer. You are not the customer and are only here to stir the pot and name drop other vendors. We all know your motives here.

Im quitting smoking this week, so you picked a bad week to ignore me. Any other questions I can answer for ya?
    Yes, why don't you try giving up typing?? [/quote]

See my previous post above. I e v e n h i g h l i g h t e d i t f o r y o u. Y e t y o u s t i l l c o m e b a c k.
    N o w l e a v e.
    Testing it on a computer is different than testing it on a car. Do you have one working on ANY TIII cars? I thought not. I am not going anywhere! Tell me whos car you tested it on... Tell me one person with a TIII that has a working one.....

I have no problem with dds78910. He is handling the situation as I would if I were the customer. You are not the customer and are only here to stir the pot and name drop other vendors. We all know your motives here.
    You dont have a problem with him untill he questions your products. And, I didnt name drop till he asked where he could get one that WORKED for his car. I dont think you have ever tested these things on anything other than a computer. You dont have any TIII cars, and you didnt say I tested it on so and so's car. So we know it works. My motives here are obvioulsy not what you think.
    And, I was not the only one questioning why you posted a thread about a distributor car, when talking about a TIII car.
    And, its not like I never tried being your customer. But, after long waits, products that dont work (quick spool option) and a fuel rail you cant even tell me which fitting I need for without me sending a pic and not answering questions about a product. I get my stuff somewhere else. But, it wasnt for lack of trying.
    Yes, why don't you try giving up typing??
    Why, becuase that would make you happy. See, atleast I am questioning a product. Not being personally rude. lol

Bansheenut, the only thing you accomplish by continuing to post is to piss off a vendor thats starting to get into the T3 market. You really want to screw yourself (OK since you don't buy from TU, I'll say screw other people) out of potential future products that TU has to offer? What if no one offered any products for T3 cars anymore? I'm sure you know the saying don't put all your eggs in one basket.
    The manufacturer screwed up, not TU's fault. Things slip by sometimes, chris is a very busy man. I know for a fact that most of time if something slips by him it's because he's trying to get stuff boxed up to be able to ship it the same day he gets it before the post office closes. It's all to get the product to the customer the fastest, if his manufacturer screwed up it's not really his fault. Give it a rest, and go have a cigarette.

Quote Originally Posted by moparzrule View Post
    Bansheenut, the only thing you accomplish by continuing to post is to piss off a vendor thats starting to get into the T3 market. You really want to screw yourself (OK since you don't buy from TU, I'll say screw other people) out of potential future products that TU has to offer? What if no one offered any products for T3 cars anymore? I'm sure you know the saying don't put all your eggs in one basket.
    The manufacturer screwed up, not TU's fault. Things slip by sometimes, chris is a very busy man. I know for a fact that most of time if something slips by him it's because he's trying to get stuff boxed up to be able to ship it the same day he gets it before the post office closes. It's all to get the product to the customer the fastest, if his manufacturer screwed up it's not really his fault. Give it a rest, and go have a cigarette.
    Im not saying its his fault. I am saying the flywheels were never tested on a TIII car. And obviously, thats the case. And, hes pretty much already told me he wont sell to me anymore, so I guess the damage is done. What if no one offered products for them? I would sell the car. No fun having a stock car, but thats not my concern. I have a vendor that tests there stuff on actual cars, and doenst get upset when thats questioned. I never once said it was his fault, but I dont think its right to not test it on a car.
    You go have a cigarette and give it a rest... Unless you can answer weather or not it was tested on a TIII car, whats your purpose here?

As I already stated the prototype was installed and tested on a 16-Valve TIII vehicle prior to the production run. We did not test the prouction pieces because we believed they would be manufactured the same way.

Chris-TU

A 16v car or a TIII car. Big difference. Whos car was it? I just dont think they were tested. Nothing to do with you "screwing" somthing up. I just dont think they were tested on a TIII car. Who got the one that worked?

A 16v car or a TIII car. Big difference. Whos car was it? I just dont think they were tested. Nothing to do with you "screwing" somthing up. I just dont think they were tested on a TIII car. Who got the one that worked?
    I will check with the customer to first see if he wants his name brought into this.

Chris-TU

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast