Thread: 87 lancer harness in turbo 85 lebaron

turbo addict

87 lancer harness in turbo 85 lebaron

i have an 85 tI log powered lebaron, and its time for tII. i also have an 87 TII lancer harness lying around. both are 5 spd

first, will the harness just bolt in? (firewall connector?)

now my question,

should i just modify the stock harness, and use my glhs stage II computer with internal map? (what all would i have to modify?)

or

should i use the 87 shelby lancer harness (if it bolts in), and put in the corresponding external map computer?

the omni is due for a three bar setup, and thats why i was going to use the stage II for the lebaron.
    i just cant figure out what I want to do, and i need some feedback, thanks

turbo addict

Re: 87 lancer harness in turbo 85 lebaron

I would just modify the stock harness if I were you. Add the two new wires for the AIS/TPS and you're ready to go!

boostaholic

Quote Originally Posted by 85shelbycharger View Post
    I would just modify the stock harness if I were you. Add the two new wires for the AIS/TPS and you're ready to go!
    +1 waaaay easier just to add the new wires for the ais/tps
    -Jim Too many cars, not enough time..

turbo addict

thanks for the reply, i just wanted some outside guidence, i converted the omni to glhs, and figured the baron would be easy, but i had that harness lying around. ill be making a trip to the yard soon to get some connectors.

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by OmniLuvr View Post
    thanks for the reply, i just wanted some outside guidence, i converted the omni to glhs, and figured the baron would be easy, but i had that harness lying around. ill be making a trip to the yard soon to get some connectors.
    Yea, and Scott thinks I'm a liar.... We are going to yard tomorrow bright and early so don't stay up too late tonight... Unless we have a sleep over tonight! We can tell ghost stories and stay up late and make smores!!!!

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by rosie View Post
    Yea, and Scott thinks I'm a liar.... We are going to yard tomorrow bright and early so don't stay up too late tonight... Unless we have a sleep over tonight! We can tell ghost stories and stay up late and make smores!!!!

You havn't learned about him and early yet?
    85 LeBaron GTS 03 PT Cruiser GT

turbo addict

c'mon, i just wanted to take the easy route on the 87 TII electronics, glhs wiring wasnt scary, but ive heard of to many people having problems when converting to 87 TII. as long as i got the giant by my side, i should be fine

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by OmniLuvr View Post
    c'mon, i just wanted to take the easy route on the 87 TII electronics, glhs wiring wasnt scary, but ive heard of to many people having problems when converting to 87 TII. as long as i got the giant by my side, i should be fine
    easy route.... run 2 wires... hmmmmmm... What a PITA! We should just re run everything!!!!!!

easy route.... run 2 wires... hmmmmmm... What a PITA! We should just re run everything!!!!!!
    Well that harness is already wired for external map + the other stuff and he is yanking the motor out so all that really needs to be done is swapping at the firewall. Just sayin.....

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalCSX View Post
    Well that harness is already wired for external map + the other stuff and he is yanking the motor out so all that really needs to be done is swapping at the firewall. Just sayin.....
    "Just" swapping at the fire wall? I don't have the schematic in front of me but I'd bet a dollar that the pins aren't even the same size. If we're swapping ANY of it out, it's going to smec.

Or I'll be in a lawn chair talking smack to him the whole time he's fighting with the harness.. like any good friend would...

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor Anonymous_User's Avatar

Without looking at the difference between '85 and '86...

I did the T2 swap in my '86 by simply removing the entire '86 harness and bolting in an entire '87 T2 harness. This is in a g-body, but should be the same.

Now, I wanted to remove the old harness because it was in poor condition, though.

Or I'll be in a lawn chair talking smack to him the whole time he's fighting with the harness.. like any good friend would...

So has a wrench even ben turned on the car yet or is it looking like it did when I left 3 MONTHS AGO?

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous_User View Post
    Without looking at the difference between '85 and '86...

I did the T2 swap in my '86 by simply removing the entire '86 harness and bolting in an entire '87 T2 harness. This is in a g-body, but should be the same.

Now, I wanted to remove the old harness because it was in poor condition, though.
    It's an 85....

turbo addict

its in coops yard now, not on the street. i keep bouncing around from what car to fix, and what computer to use.

i want to upgrade everything because i really dont want to do it again. i was thinkin about leavin the 525 in the baron, put a 2.2 in it, and converting to glhs computer, thats easy, but im thinkin about makin the baron a 2.5, 5spd (523?), with the t2 external map computer (chipped), that would be perfect forever, or until i put an auto in it. the only thing im worried about is that stupid external map sensor, keep getting confused with what pins to switch and add?

Hybrid booster

Sounds good... Get off the computer and get over here! We've got an all nighter planned on the Mad Max!!!