Thread: TM's Car of the Month (February Edition)

Bad Mother Flecker Turbo Mopar Staff fleckster's Avatar

TM's Car of the Month (February Edition)

Turbo Mopar's Car of the Month - February 2009
    Scott Lasky's (slasky) 1984 Dodge Daytona Turbo!

An original 53,000 mile Survivor! This first year of Chrysler Turbo Car beauty really shows off the clean lines the designers went for on the 1st Generation G-Bodies. The story about the original owner just makes it that much more special!

A good family friend, who worked as a tech for my father at Smith haven Dodge, bought this new in 1984. It was his first and last new car he bought. While I was at work with my father one day, the MP computer came in for the car. He was busy working so he asked me to put it in for him. Then he told me to take it for a spin. I was only 15 and did not have a license or even a permit. I had driven a car before but this was the first time I drove one by myself. So this is the actual car that started my TM addiction.
    He took it off the road in 1993 and it sat in his garage first and then eventually ended up outside. He always said he would leave it to me in his will. He decided two years ago to just give it to me then.
    The car was always maintained very well when it was on the road. I think he changed the oil every month. Sitting for over 10 years did take its toll on it. I had to replace the fuel pump, tank, and all hoses. The calipers, brake hoses, rotors and pads were shot and I had to flush the entire brake system. The radiator sprung a leak the first time I took it out so I replaced all the hoses and radiator. The wastegate actuator was rusted shut so that need to be replaced too. It only has 53,000 and surprisingly drives like it only has 53,000 miles. It is the smoothest running TM I have ever seen.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Daytona.jpg 
Views:	80302 
Size:	94.4 KB 
ID:	12555  

John M. Fleck

'83 Dodge Rampage 2.2 w/ 2.5L Turbo 14.79@94
    '87 Shelby Lancer #213 14.99@94
    '89 Chrysler LeBaron GT Turbo 'vert 15.88@92
    '92 Dodge Spirit R/T 13.50@104 ; 13.34@102 on slicks
    '98 Dodge Neon R/T 15.66@89
    '03 Dodge SRT-4 13.91@98

turbo addict

Re: TM's Car of the Month (February Edition)

Congrats, Scott! I have seen this car in person it is awesome. I really love the 80's graphics package on this thing ......probably the reason why I like Shelby Chargers so much. This car has the same flavor to it.

Re: TM's Car of the Month (February Edition)

I am honored to have my Daytona picked as car of the month. I took it out again today and it ran awesome. I can't wait for the better weather so that I can start using it more frequently.
    SDAC member "It's not the ride, it's the rider."