Thread: Might sell one of my 88 Shelby Z's.

Hybrid booster

Might sell one of my 88 Shelby Z's.

I just found a low milage 85 turbo Z, and had to have it...I swear these cars multiply like bunnies. Anyhow, I've got three 88 Shelby Z's and am debating about possibly selling one of them. All three are california cars with no rust issues.

#1. My first, Daytona Blue Hardtop. Turbo II, A555, cloth enthusiast seats, infiinity II, new carpet, freshly painted with a good high quality (all trim, plastic, glass etc, removed, sanded down and full multistage ppg paint $5000+) paint job before being stored for the last 5 years. All stock, unmolested. Car has 72K last I remember looking before being stored. NO I won't even begin to entertain low ball offers on this car ever. There were pics of it on the Daytona pics thread.

#2. My second. I bought this car when it was on it's last legs, would have caught fire and ended up in the junk yard had I not. Radiant Silver with t-tops. Milage unknown, had 146,660 when I bought it, and the odo was broken then. Car has rear lovers (not on it) navigator, slave cd player, turbo II and A555. The car had the engine rebuilt in 2002-2003. Car has shelby valve cover and two piece intake. I have all the paperwork spent on this. Was specked out with oil pump and screen mods, as well as a few other things. Has a fwd stage 3 perf computer on it. Has cruise control. Suspension was done in 2004, all poly bushings from Johny Spiva, eibach lowering springs, and koni struts. Trans was rebuilt in 2007. New fuel pump, and lots of other parts. Mechanically this car runs and drives great! Paint is original and clear is flaking off, paint is done. Looks rough. Interior was originally just the base velour, have fully recovered enthusiast seats to put in the car, they were recovered in a high grade naugahyde material. The seats will go with the car. I am aware that silver and t-tops on an 88 Is a rare combo. The car was hit on the drivers side at some point long ago. I don't know when, but I guess when it was still very new. You can see evidence of it underneath the car. The door and quarter panel were replaced on the drivers side. Car drives as tight and straight as my BMW. It's looks like crap but man does it drive great.

#3. White with Tan leather t-top car. 62k. Has an airbag. Has all options, turbo II, A555. Very very clean car. Was repainted before I got it, not a perfect paint job, but very presentable. Passenger side door was bent at some point and doesn't close right sometimes, but I just found a t-top door for the car. NO structural damage to the car, looks like the door may have been backed into or something. Leather and interior are mint.

I'm not desperate to sell any of these, I don't have a wife breathing down my throat, and I am not desperate for $. These are my kids, and imagine trying to pick let alone sell one of your kids. But if the right offer comes along I might. If I do sell one it has to go to a good home.
    Last edited by tommyturbo; 02-05-2009 at 05:55 PM.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor j4278h's Avatar

Re: Might sell one of my 88 Shelby Z's.

Dang it, I just finalized a deal on a Scamp GT around noon today and this silver t-top pops up now.

Good luck selling, out of morbid curiosity how much for the silver one?

Hybrid booster

I haven't even got a clue...I've invested so much into it that I don't know how to value it.

Hybrid booster

Not sure how anyone can lowball you when you don't mention a ballpark price you're looking for.

Hybrid booster

There are pics of the cars on the daytona pics thread. I also got this off NADA. Actually I was really surprised to see the value on NADA for these go up in value, last time I looked at KBB or NADA a clean Z was worth $2k at best.

http://www.nadaguides.com/default.as...&vi=99727&da=1

I want to see what people offer for a rust free, and with the exception of the paint on the silver car, really clean low milage cars. I also know most folks on here are cheap and want to spend $700 or less for a Daytona, look at the 90 VNT a rare car, and they only feel it is worth that much. It's not a big deal to me If no one buys one, I'll just finish the resto on the silver one and they can stay in the garage.

Mitsu booster

Hey Now Tommy,

I am interested in one of the Daytona Cars # 1 or # 3, but not # 2.
    I figure # 3 since it sounds like # 1 might be too expensive.
    Let me know AT;
    wille.mcbridepe@ieee.org
    I need pictures or a link.

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by j4278h View Post
    Dang it, I just finalized a deal on a Scamp GT around noon today and this silver t-top pops up now.

Good luck selling, out of morbid curiosity how much for the silver one?
    Sell me the scamp, and you can buy the silver Z =)

Hybrid booster

There are pics on the daytona pics thread if anyone wishes to look.