Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 1990 Daytona Shelby VNT

Re: 1990 Daytona Shelby VNT

ok,i have a guy that may be coming up here to look at it so ill keep everyone posted if i do part it out

boostaholic

If you end up parting it out, let me know how much you would want for the body (if floor boards are almost rust free) and interior.

ill probably let the body go for $300,but will not have the seats and the dash in it,some one has already asked for those,ill give you guys that are interested in the parts and idea of what ill be wanting
    body-$300
    seats-$200
    wheels-$300
    radiator-$150
    intercooler and piping-$150
    computer-$100
    dash-$150
    tranny-$400
    engine-$350
    all prices are plus shipping,some of the parts other people have called dibbs on,but this is if it gets parted,all prices are firm

Hybrid booster

don't part it, it's a rare car! I know you need money and all, but there has to be a better way.

im hoping it dont go that route,but just in case,ive been getting some messages about the parts so i listed them,i may be able to let it go for around $1500,so is any one interested in that,i could make $500 more parting it out,i really dont want to so how bout $1500,any takers

turbo addict

if you do i got dibs on the center console would have said awhile ago just did not want to so early

ok guy backed out,its getin parted,i cant guarantee when i can get most of the parts out of the car.i have a lot to take care of but i do need to get it parted so please be patient,i will get it shipped as soon as i can so please be patient with that too,some people here know me from TD so i do have good feedback on there,if some one wants the whole car you can have it for $1500 thats the lowest i will go cause i can make more than that parting it out,ive tried to sell it and nothing so please dont tell me i shouldnt do it as i have no choice so if no one wants to see it parted as i dont some one please buy it,not to sure on shipping the heavy stuff yet,heres the list
    body-$300
    seats-$200
    wheels-$300
    VNT radiator-$150
    VNT intercooler and piping-$150
    VNT computer-$100
    dash-$150
    A568 tranny-$400
    VNT engine-$350
    all prices are plus shipping,some of the parts other people have called dibbs on,all prices are firm
    Last edited by midnighttoker; 02-11-2009 at 04:29 PM.

$1500 takes the whole car,any takers,i really dont want to part it out

Look midnight be patient its a bad market for selling anything let alone a car.. put it this way I got Brett Lindseys old 90 shelby vnt daytona and it was gorgeous, People here can tell you about how his cars look and I got it for 1200 and it didnt need any work done to it.. so you have to understand that.. and honestly its like the guy who parted out the super rare clean 85 blue/silver shelby charger cuz he couldn get 800 for it with no motor... so he parted it out on ebay and said he can make more parting it and he hasnt yet he sold some stuff but is sitting on the rest till people have money to buy what he has left.. SO in essence he parted a rare solid great car all cuz he thought he would make more that way.. screw the love of the cars it was about money.. cut someone a deal on it so u can save it and still get something out of it... that said I think 1200 is about fair..
    As for motor u can buy those for 125 at jy's running so only special part is vnt turbo which most people change anyway..
    And dash isnt special those go for about 50 bucks at any yard and there are lots of daytonas in them with nice interiors trust me I see them often..same with radiator...parting it would get you maybe 1200 maybe with a good economy.. cuz a new radiator is only 199 so.. ya

Anyways sounds like its a nice car so hope it gets saved
    GL On sale..

well the motor has under 100000 on it and it runs,junkyard motors probably dont,not to mention there are no daytonas in TN and ive heard a lot of people saying they have little to none plus no TII cars and up,when i have found a few only TI cars,a lot of people complain theres only TI cars,the rest of the pricing im basing off what other people sell the stuff for,you say 1200,i really need about 2000 so thats why i lowered it to 1500,its only 300 more,i already have parts being sold,some of the interior,tranny,body,tires,now nothing is etched in stone but these are pms ive been getting after i mentioned parting it,not even saying its officially being parted,i understand what your saying,but if i didnt need the money i wouldnt be selling it,i personally like hte vnt,i know alot of people arent into them but i like it,i was trying to collect 3 cars,my 87 shelby z,the vnt,and an iroc rt,that was going to be my collection,but now plans have changed,i lost my job,im behind on bills,and my credit card company is taking me to court for a way past due balance of over 8000,so times are tough,i really really really dont want to see it parted,so im hoping someone takes it before its to late
    Last edited by midnighttoker; 02-12-2009 at 02:17 AM.

bump,dont look like ill get to finish it so far,need this car gone,really trying to avoid parting it out-make an offer

turbo addict

What's the underbody look like and how's the turbo?

Now, while it is a rare car, I'm going to be blunt honest here: I would seriously doubt you can get $1500 or more in parting it out. As '87 shelby said, it's a buyers market and they set the price. If you notice what other parts and rare oddities are going for on forums, ebay, etc, then you will see that there are a LOT of people selling off parts right now and no buyers for them. Check out the parts section. Compare the WTB's to the WTS's. EVERYBODY is hurting or scared and holding back. I know that you need money and want it gone bad, but the time involved with the actual part-out is what sucks. THAT'S where you lose your arse. I have a NICE solid Daytona that NOBODY wants/ed to buy. A runner sold is going to almost always net more than a parts car.

If I were you, I would fix the little crap(HG, cleaning, etc) and then list it on CL, EBAY, or locally to sell to some ricer kid and you will have less time in it AND be able to get more. I know people here want to save all these damm things, but the reality has to set in at some point. To most kids, turbo means 'fast' to them...

I am going to be putting mine together and probably selling it to pacify the wifey, but later down the road, I would like to delve back into these 'shiteboxes' again. One thing I've realized in the last few years however, is that you NEVER get your money back unless it's a flawless piece you stole for nickels. I'm living that dream of no prospects now...
    -Nate- ''Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it.'' —Mark Twain

turbo addict

that just defeats his whole purpose...
    your telling him go spend money he does not have to spend to fix something up and sell it to a ricer kid?
    that is as good as parting it out with whats going to happen to it id say if you get to that point you would make more parting it and if he has to go to parting it he already has a bunch of offers on the parts
    but i hope it sells to someone good who can take the time to fix it right and make it last its a good rare car

boostaholic

Quote Originally Posted by Johnmesich View Post
    $2000
    is a little much to ask
    I agree. The only thing that makes it more rare is the turbo, otheriwse its a Daytona that doesnt run with rust. It MAY be worth what you want IF it were running.

Johnmesich is right on,i have someone/people who wants the engine and tranny,the body,the wheels,interior pieces,i actually have more than 1-2 people that want the engine and tranny.i really dont have the time or money to fix it or part it out,but i will if i have to,and people coming in to my thread with comments that have nothing to do with buying it,really dont need to post in it.i ask that you keep your negative comments to your self.if you arent interested in it fine,view it all you want,but keep your comments to your self or pm me,i do think that is one of the rules.on TD a guy just sold a vnt for $3500,in a little better condition than mine,basically his has good paint and a little less mileage.i really dont want to sell the car,to me its rare and i love the daytona's,ive had 5 already and would be more if i had the money.i was making it a part of my collection and want to give them to my son before i die because he is always out side with me when im doing things to the car and always wants to help,but things change/times are rough so its coming down to this.thanks to john for seeing my points and understanding my situation and not making negative remarks.it also has a little SURFACE rust on the hatch and at the sides of the floor boards,the whole underneath isnt covered with rust,its a couple spots,in the pics you can see the side of the drivers door is down to metal and theres no rust on it,the car is originally from IL so the little SURFACE rust is not bad since its from the north

edit- yes i offered it as low as $1500 and i WILL make at least $2000 if not more parting it out,i am selling the parts based off of other peoples amounts on their parts and they ARE selling them and selling for their asking price.again i really dont want to part out a rare car,it may just be the turbo that makes it a vnt but the daytona vnt owners can appreciate the car for what it is regardless of the turbo making it a vnt,they are just not as popular as the iroc,and thats only a 16 valve DOHC motor that makes it an iroc rt but the last i looked they go from $3000 up to $8000,and its "just a daytona with a 16 valve motor"
    Last edited by midnighttoker; 02-16-2009 at 03:06 PM.

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by midnighttoker View Post
    ok,really need the money,$1850 as is and it comes with the head gasket,valve cover gasket,and the head bolts,and again if it is running price is back to $3000,maybe $2500
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnmesich View Post
    that just defeats his whole purpose...
    your telling him go spend money he does not have to spend to fix something up and sell it to a ricer kid?
    that is as good as parting it out with whats going to happen to it id say if you get to that point you would make more parting it and if he has to go to parting it he already has a bunch of offers on the parts
    but i hope it sells to someone good who can take the time to fix it right and make it last its a good rare car
    I was reading that he had already acquired everything to fix it right, so there was no $$ investment, only time. But yet, he's going to spend even more time parting it out...

Quote Originally Posted by midnighttoker View Post
    Johnmesich is right on,i have someone/people who wants the engine and tranny,the body,the wheels,interior pieces,i actually have more than 1-2 people that want the engine and tranny. i really dont have the time or money to fix it or part it out, but i will if i have to,and people coming in to my thread with comments that have nothing to do with buying it,really dont need to post in it.i ask that you keep your negative comments to your self.if you arent interested in it fine,view it all you want,but keep your comments to your self or pm me,i do think that is one of the rules.on TD a guy just sold a vnt for $3500,in a little better condition than mine,basically his has good paint and a little less mileage.i really dont want to sell the car,to me its rare and i love the daytona's,ive had 5 already and would be more if i had the money and i was making it a part of my collection and want to give them to my son before i die because he is always out side with me when im doing things to the car and always wants to help,but things change/times are rough so its coming down to this.thanks to john for seeing my points and understanding my situation and not making negative remarks.it also has a little SURFACE rust on the hatch and at the sides of the floor boards,the whole underneath isnt covered with rust,its a couple spots,in the pics you can see the side of the drivers door is down to metal and theres no rust on it,the car is originally from IL so the little SURFACE rust is not bad since its from the north
    I apologize that my previous response coming across as incitive in any way. I was actually considering looking at it as whole vehicle as you're somewhat close, but you immediately went on the defensive to my response. If you will notice, I had first inquired to the status of the underbody and the turbo, but that part was sidestepped totally in your response.

Good luck with your sale....
    -Nate- ''Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it.'' —Mark Twain

actually i was referring to clocktowersniper,i should have been specific to whom i was referring to my fault,and a while ago i took back all the parts cause i needed the money. i also responded about the rust,the turbo not sure about it spooled fine when i drove it but didnt drive it more than 2 hours from my uncles house cause he did the vac.lines then i went to move it to vacuum it and it started pouring out white smoke

Quote Originally Posted by clocktowersniper View Post
    otheriwse its a Daytona that doesnt run with rust.

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by clocktowersniper View Post
    I agree. The only thing that makes it more rare is the turbo, otheriwse its a Daytona that doesnt run with rust. It MAY be worth what you want IF it were running.
    when i said that i just saw a not running daytona did not read to much its a rare car $2000 is a good price for it if times were right

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast