Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1988 Sundance Turbo Sedan - 100% rot free in IL

1988 Sundance Turbo Sedan - 100% rot free in IL

I think this is the project that will never end for me, as as such I rather see it go somewhere where it can get done up right instead of being a driveway ornament.

It's a 88 Sundance Turbo Highline Sedan... which is wierd all in itself
    Power windows, locks, mirrors
    2.2L TI (not log crap) with 3 speed automatic
    120,xxx miles

When I got it the head gasket was crapped out... which it was for three years just sitting before I got it. Replaced it with a FelPro (I know, I know...), new head bolts, and replaced the fuel hose and it started right up and ran great. I redid the vac lines because they were trashed and she runs out nice. Now, from sitting for so long the engine is pretty upset. It has blowby, leaks oil, and a very loud clacking lifter, but still got 27 MPG on the highway. The transmission, however, is perfect.

All the suspension, bushings, and steering components are original from 1988... and should be replaced. The passenger CV shaft (equal length setup BTW) is trash. Driver's side one is newer. The front brakes are newer as well. I replaced the hatch struts when I got the car... so far the only P body I know of that the hatch stays up on it's own and will actually RAISE up when you open it.

The badly sundamaged seats and door panels were replaced with nice ones from a 89 Shadow ES so they are gray with the red pinstriping. The seats are installed, the door panels are not yet so it comes with the crappy blue ones still on there. The new shadow seat is power adjusted as well. One of the rear speakers is blown. Headliner is of course falling down. All the power options work but the passenger front window needs help going up sometimes. The A/C system is missing the compressor but everything else is there. The paint is also AWFUL. I attempted to do some painting on it but never finished because I don't have the funds to continue painting it at the moment.

I know, sounds like a real clunker... but the car is actually very beautiful if you look in the right places...

Under the lip of the hatch, hood, and bottoms of the doors are like this too... SPOTLESS. With a good paint job, new suspension, and a decent engine it can be a very clean 4 door P body. I personally LOVE the 87-88 styling compared to the later ones. Please note that the back half of the car is also painted black, but not very well... it really needs to be painted. I just can't take any more pictures because my camera is nowhere to be found.

The factory rims are gone, the car will come with a set of 15" rims from a 93 Toyota Celica GT since that's what I was going to put on there. They have decent tires on them as well.

Anyway, I know the car needs a lot of work, but I'm looking to get $1000 OBO for it. It's a very clean body with nice seats now and has a lot of potential to someone who can paint it and fix it up a bit. I have a clean title here in my name ready to sign over to anyone who wants the car.

Please call me at 815 980-8960 if you have any questions. Just please keep in mind that the car does look a bit different than in the pics because it has the back hatch and sides painted black too. Thanks!
    Last edited by Dodge Aries K; 02-01-2009 at 06:04 PM. Reason: image failure...

Re: 1988 Sundance Turbo Sedan - 100% rot free in IL

Found my camera so I uploaded the pictures I took of the seats and a video of the car ripping up a parking lot to prove it does run decent. Enjoy!

http://s37.photobucket.com/albums/e9...ceinaction.flv

Had to do those bald tires in plus was adjusting the boost level.

Yes, the speakers on the rear seat come with the car. Jensen 5x7 and Chrysler Infinity 5 1/4 that all work great.

Quote Originally Posted by Dodge Aries K View Post
    2.2L TI (not log crap)
    I LoL'ed at this, your right though.

But this is a good deal, perfect candidate for a awesome sleeper!

Yes, it was a long battle finding an 88 Sundance in as good of shape as this one... hope someone can take over and make it awesome again.

Well, no interest. God damn... Well, will trade for a decent MANUAL TRANSMISSION BELVIDERE MADE Neon. No automatic transmissions, no made in mexico crapneon either. Bring me Neon and title, take Sundance and title home with you. Does run and drive okay.

Bump up for offers? I need this to not be sitting in my driveway anymore...

C'mon... rust not present on this car... somebody needs it...

Buddy of mine convinced me to keep the car... especially since I got the NYG project car sold... so consider it off the market for now.

Bump this back up... I'm in not such a pleasant financial situation and I'm clearing out pretty much any and everything I have extra...

Anyway, the radiator in the car is shot... and I mean SHOT so I pulled it out. Otherwise it would still run and drive okay. I took the front headlight grille bezel thing off as I was going to start repainting the car. The whole car has been lightly wetsanded and the passenger side is a very ghetto NYG color that I did a while back when I was bored since I wanted to paint the whole car like this. The alternator and air box were also pulled as I was going to get ready to pull the drivetrain out because I want to put a 2.5L Turbo and a 5 speed in the car.

It's currently sitting on 15" dark gray lace alloy rims... and they'll stay with the car if I can get $700 for it. I just need it gone asap. I have the title in my name for it and it's sitting here. Please come buy it and help me get out of debt. If you bring your own rims, I'll sell it for what I paid to get it here... $600. I'm losing $700 on it but I don't even care anymore, I just need it gone.

Super Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff 135sohc's Avatar

Only 850 miles away That would look so good sitting next to my Shadow

Yeah, I wish it was able to sit next to your shadow dude.

Bump... I NEED this GONE. Make me an offer and get it out of here!

boostaholic

You can park it in my garage. My wife would probably only be slightly disgusted/upset if you donated it to me. I think she might actually kill me if I paid you for it.

for a nice guy.

Can't donate it... I have a $1000 more into it than I'm asking out of it... I just need it gone. I'm done with cars for now until my debt is gone.

Bump it up! Must go away! Debt payoff TIME required!

Sold and gone! Hurray!

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

Didja talk Paul into it?

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

Quote Originally Posted by BadAssPerformance View Post
    Didja talk Paul into it?
    Nah..maybe a 4 door Shadow ES, but not a Sundance.
    [FONT="Arial Black"]Paul[/FONT] [B][SIZE="1"]US ARMY INFANTRY VETERAN[/B] 1995 Dodge Stealth R/T White DOHC 5 speed 1994 Dodge Stealth R/T Red DOHC 5 speed 1992 Dodge Daytona IROC, Blue TI 5 speed (2) 1992 Dodge Daytona IROC, Red TI auto 1991 Dodge Spirit R/T, Red (project) 1989 Shelby CSX-VNT #382 1989 Dodge Shadow ES, White TI auto 1987 Daytona Shelby Z, White TII 1987 Chrysler T&C wagon, Tan TII auto 1985 Dodge Lancer ES, Bronze TI auto 1982 Wife, White[/SIZE] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

You better get that '90 in Toledo Paul

Hmmm, so who's the lucky new owner?

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

Quote Originally Posted by BadAssPerformance View Post
    You better get that '90 in Toledo Paul
    Yeah no kidding...AFAIK I was the first to respond on both lists asking for pics and a price, but no response so far
    [FONT="Arial Black"]Paul[/FONT] [B][SIZE="1"]US ARMY INFANTRY VETERAN[/B] 1995 Dodge Stealth R/T White DOHC 5 speed 1994 Dodge Stealth R/T Red DOHC 5 speed 1992 Dodge Daytona IROC, Blue TI 5 speed (2) 1992 Dodge Daytona IROC, Red TI auto 1991 Dodge Spirit R/T, Red (project) 1989 Shelby CSX-VNT #382 1989 Dodge Shadow ES, White TI auto 1987 Daytona Shelby Z, White TII 1987 Chrysler T&C wagon, Tan TII auto 1985 Dodge Lancer ES, Bronze TI auto 1982 Wife, White[/SIZE] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast