Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: turbo dodge project in NW IOWA

Mitsu booster

Re: turbo dodge project in NW IOWA

nudge

So what's your limit?
    2005 Chrysler PT Cruiser GT Mods coming soon!

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor Anonymous_User's Avatar

I know of a GLHT just outside Waterloo. Was there last summer, anyway. I'm confident it still is. Was rusty, needed a tranny, and they wanted $500 at the time.

If ya want, I can try to remember what county road it was on and go see.

Mitsu booster

How rusty is rusty? Is this a draw thru turbo car? I'm not all familiar with the omni cars. What's wrong with the trans?

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor supercrackerbox's Avatar

Factory it would be a draw through car. Factory 525 transmissions are mediocre at best, but a swap/upgrade isn't difficult. I just highly recommend fabbing a linkage shifter rather than adapting a cable shifter.

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor Anonymous_User's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by usetaboost View Post
    How rusty is rusty? Is this a draw thru turbo car? I'm not all familiar with the omni cars. What's wrong with the trans?
    Rusty is quarters, rockers and front floor boards. I didn't get underneath, but reached up under the front and felt carpet. You'd be looking for a donor car to cut sheet metal from.

Mitsu booster

sounds like the c/s is still better by far

Mitsu booster

bump again

I may have a line on one in Seward NE. I don't know the asking price or any details, aside from it being a red '89 CS with the 2.5/5-speed. Last I saw the car (about a year and a half ago) it was very straight and no rust. The car is/was daily driven, but well cared for. I'll try and get contact info for the seller yet this week.

Okay, here's what I found. Sorry, it's actually an automatic, not a 5-speed. The car is very straight and clean, with a gray interior that looks to be in pretty nice shape. The clearcoat on the wheels shows their age, but aren't terrible, and it has Fuzion tires on the front and Kumho all-seasons on the back, both with plenty of tread. There is a rust hole around the e-brake cable, but not so big that it couldn't be fixed fairly easily. The rest of the underside looked nearly spotless. Other than that, the only real thing I noticed is a section of the seal around the hatch glass is gone, but looks to have been filled with silicone, so it may or may not leak.

Mitsu booster

Good lookin car, but for that kind of money it would have to be EXACTLY what I want. No hurry man, I can keep waiting. I'm sure "the one" will pop up sooner or later I might be flippin a car I'm going to look at tomorrow so maybe my budget will widen a bit. We'll just have to see. I have a couple people in town looking also.

I cann't remember if I posted this, but I went and looked at the 86 turbo z a few weeks back. The body is in ok shape but the underneath looks scary. The ebrake cable is dangling for one. The car is still all original and has the louver, sunroof, leather seats with some little ballsack looking thing sticking out, and it still has the red valve cover. Bad thing about it some of the motor and stuff is tore apart, it's an automatic, and god only knows what else is wrong with it. The front seats are trashed and the rear isn't far behind either. It would be a good project but I want something to drive. If the guy calls me back and tells me its mine if I come and take it then I may reconsider

Was it a white one by chance?

The ballsack thing is a hand pump for the inflatable thigh and lumbar supports. I'll tell ya, that lumbar support is a godsend after a hard day of breaking my back in the factory. By the time I get home, I'm usually nice and relaxed.

Mitsu booster

yes it is.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12