Thread: +1mm Ported 782 Head

Hybrid booster

+1mm Ported 782 Head

This is a 782 (swirl) casting that is in very nice shape. This head includes:

Fully ported
    +1mm stainless valves
    *choice of springs*
    MP hardened locks
    MP viton valve seals
    Deck cut
    Reconditioned retainers
    roller rockers
    stock lifters
    back cut valves
    new lifter galley freeze plugs

This head is just being finished. It was originally done for a customer, but due to an unforeseen financial situation, the customer was unable to afford the head.
    So.... it is up for grabs! This is about the only situation when a head can be purchased without the usual several-month wait.

I have not yet assembled this head, so you can choose which springs you would like. The spring options are HDs, comp 942s, or Mopar 061s. The HD springs are great for use with a stock camshaft, the comp 942s are better than the HD springs and can be used with a cam of up to .485" lift, and the Mopar 061 springs have the most pressure and can handle up to a .550" lift cam.

The price for this head is:
    $633 with HD springs
    $673 with Comp 942 springs
    $707 with Mopar 061 springs

Don't hesitate to PM me with any questions about your application or if you have any questions at all.
    Also, PM me if you are interested and I will give you the flow numbers.

Thanks,
    Tyler
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	221 
Size:	45.4 KB 
ID:	12294   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	1382 
Size:	47.3 KB 
ID:	12295  

turbo addict

Re: +1mm Ported 782 Head

What?!? No 995 spring option? Tempting tyler. Bump for an Awesome porting guy.

boostaholic

Wow...someone should REALLY pick this up!!!! I waited serveral months for basicly the same thing!!! Its worth it...and when you can just Buy it now, its even better!

Bumpity...

on a side note...hey tyler, still have yet to put your beast on my shelby...spring is approuching....muhaaa!!!

turbo addict

Can you post pictures of the combustion chambers? Could you also post pictures of the intake/exhaust manifold side with a gasket sitting on it?

Could the price come down if a person doesn't want lifters or rockers and has a core?

What year is the head? Is it cross-drilled?

I'm interested, just mostly broke.

Hybrid booster

Thanks for the compliments, guys.

Jay - Only high-rollers like you can afford the 995 spring setup Actually, Badandy has been talking to me about doing a head and I think he may be going with that setup as well. I wonder if someone might have influenced him....

Tom - Would you hurry up and get that machine running already?! I can't wait for you to finish it; it is going to be a pretty nasty beast.

Chilort -
    My digital camera is broken right now, so I have been borrowing one to get pictures. I don't have any chamber pics of this head right now, but I cut all my chambers the same, so it will look just like this: http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/ph...hp?photo=11533
    OTHER than the fact that this head is NOT x-drilled while the one in the picture IS x-drilled.

The lifters and rockers actually come with the head for no additional charge.
    Sorry, I don't do core exchange. There is just too much hassle involved with it and too much risk for a potential argument or disagreement on whether a casting is "suitable" or not.

Since I don't have a camera handy... The intakes are the same size as the gasket, the exhausts are slightly smaller than the gasket.

Invisible Turbo Mopar Contributor mcsvt's Avatar

haha, my head is still sitting as well, but the block is finally getting built, should be together before SDAC

Bump for a great guy/porter
    -Gary Mazzone-
    1986 GLHS #168

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by tvanlant View Post
    Thanks for the compliments, guys.

Jay - Only high-rollers like you can afford the 995 spring setup Actually, Badandy has been talking to me about doing a head and I think he may be going with that setup as well. I wonder if someone might have influenced him....

Tom - Would you hurry up and get that machine running already?! I can't wait for you to finish it; it is going to be a pretty nasty beast.

Chilort -
    My digital camera is broken right now, so I have been borrowing one to get pictures. I don't have any chamber pics of this head right now, but I cut all my chambers the same, so it will look just like this: http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/ph...hp?photo=11533
    OTHER than the fact that this head is NOT x-drilled while the one in the picture IS x-drilled.

The lifters and rockers actually come with the head for no additional charge.
    Sorry, I don't do core exchange. There is just too much hassle involved with it and too much risk for a potential argument or disagreement on whether a casting is "suitable" or not.

Since I don't have a camera handy... The intakes are the same size as the gasket, the exhausts are slightly smaller than the gasket.
    LOL....on the valve springs. Jay didn't influence that but props to him for his intakes and working with me through some interesting situations

I'm really looking hard at this head Tyler...but I have a feeling that patience will make me a much happier customer? If you feel differently than let's talk offline.

turbo addict

HAHHAHA HIGH ROLLER! If you guys only new how much I have to scrimp and save. Good Ol' GW paid for my head with his $900 stimulus check! I don't see $900 coming to me from O Hussein even though he's giving the rich 850 Billion!

Anyway, seems like I'm the only one that has a Tvanlant head actually running on a car? I'm very happy with my setup. It sings above 3500rpms. I've actually driven down the freeway in 3rd gear at 75-80 MPH just to feel it's smoothness at 4500rpms+. Hit the 7200rpm rev limiter in my 2.5 twice now on accident. The head seems to love the high rpm. All this on a stock cam.

Andy, spring for the 995's. You won't regret it

Tyler is great to deal with and was very accomodating (spelling?) through my build. If it was Xdrilled I might by it for my New Yorker, Course I'd want some 995's for it though.

http://www.pnw-sdac.org/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=3074 Couple high res pics there of Tyler's work.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor

Have a couple questions on the head, sent you a PM.

Hybrid booster

Thanks everyone for the support.

The head is sold.

Thanks for looking.

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by GLHNSLHT2 View Post
    HAHHAHA HIGH ROLLER! If you guys only new how much I have to scrimp and save.
    C'mon Jay...I know you have more money than me...simply because I had to scrimp and save to pay you!

Quote Originally Posted by GLHNSLHT2 View Post
    Andy, spring for the 995's. You won't regret it
    Oh yeah...it will be a definite

turbo addict

That money paid my car insurance for 6 months.