Thread: 1988 Daytona Shelby Z, AZ car

1988 Daytona Shelby Z, AZ car

Unfortunately I have to sell my Daytona. I just got my Rampage on the road so I dont really need it. Plus I recently was laid off so I could use the money.

This has been my daily driver for the past couple of years. Probably put 15-20,000 miles on everything I have done to it since I bought it. Has 2.2 turbo intercooled motor, with A555, no mods to drivetrain .
    Solid Az car, absolutely no rust. Just needs paint to be really nice. Has a couple dents on right side by rear wheel, and some small door dings but nothing major. Blue exterior is peeling, interior decent, except it does need a headliner.
    Here are some things I have done:

• TU steel braided turbo oil and coolant lines.
    • 4 wheel vented 11" disc brakes off of 91 Daytona ES
    • rebuilt a555 transmission
    • cylinder head I got from local turbo dodge forum member (Timmay )used, he said it had about 15,000 miles on valve job when I installed it.
    • Mopar performance head gasket
    • recently replaced all belts including timing belt
    • has cast lower control arms , spindles and k-member from 91 daytona
    • Rebuilt rack and pinion, and steering pump.
    • Replaced a/c hoses, compressor, drier, charged with R-12
    • Installed rebuilt axles.
    • New complete gasket set.
    • New water pump

This car really runs good, turbo spools up to around 13 psi, gets good gas mileage. Leaks a little but hardly anything for a turbo dodge! Tires have more than 60% tread left. Power windows, power door locks, rear defrost all work. A/c works good.
    It is possible I could deliver this car. I would drive it cross country no problem. I was thinking of going up to Chicago in March, so if someone in that area, or midwest in general, or anywhere between here and there were serious in purchasing the car, I could drive it to you.
    Car is in Mesa, AZ (Phoenix Area)
    Asking $1,800 or best offer.

for more pictures click on the link:
    http://s74.photobucket.com/albums/i2...aytonashelbyz/

Re: 1988 Daytona Shelby Z, AZ car

still have it for sale

I am willing to deliver. Who ever wants it, if you are between AZ and Chicago, $1800 will include delivery.

Thanks
    Tom

Buy this car or else!

Super Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff 135sohc's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by packrat_turbo View Post
    Buy this car or else!
    I'm afraid to ask, because I think I already know the answer

I want this car...
    I might still get it, have my Charger and this. It's just gonna take me some time to come up with the cash.
    2005 Chrysler PT Cruiser GT Mods coming soon!

Well I would really like someone on this board to buy it. Someone who will retore it a little more, put some paint on it.

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

Do you have any pics of the floor pans, and underside of the car?

Clean, rust free floor pans are pretty sexy to people in the midwest.

That might be all someone needs to convince themselves to buy it.

turbo addict

Heck of a deal. Good luck on the sale. I'm in the chicago area and would love to have this car, but finances won't allow it.
    [FONT="Arial Black"][/FONT] ____________________________________________ 92 Voyager LE 3.3/A604 luxury liner 185k [COLOR="Red"]"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin[/COLOR] [COLOR="White"]"It's not tyranny we desire; it's a just, limited, federal government." Alexander Hamilton[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]Support our economy-BUY AMERICA: [url]http://nortonsusa.com/[/url][/COLOR]

Still have the car. Driving it daily now since the a413 blew up in my Rampage.
    But i have other vehicles to drive if I have to , so please dont hesitate to buy this car from me.
    Did you know Daytona's seat 5 people comfortably? As long as one doesnt mind curling up in the back.. Very versatile vehicle.

Also I will try and get some photos underneath. I know I am from Chicago originally and am thankful to work on AZ cars most of the time. Even if a you have a clean northern car that has no rust holes, just the rust on the chassis makes doing simple brake jobs a nightmare... Nothing beats an Arizona rust free car as far as that goes.. piece of cake.

That IS a nice deal. I think I may be a bit too far, Ottawa Ontario Canada. ...There's only 4 seatbelts in the Daytona but yeah FOUR adults comfortably as long as the rear passengers duck going over bumps otherwise they may get a headache. I've got an '88 Shelby Z too, looks pretty much exactly the same except it's been cheaply repainted... (and the rockers are starting to rust out under the skirts.) I'd love to have a second Shelby Z. Maybe if by some miracle the CAD/USD levels out again and I had a place to put it...

Good luck...

J

Actually some friends of mine needed a ride home from the bar the other night and the 5th guy got in from the back hatch and layed down! I told them yeah I can drive but it will be a pretty tight fit in a daytona! I guess it is more room than a L body Charger!

Still got this for sale.

Still need to sell this car.. either that or part it out

Hybrid booster

Man I want this car but you are sooooo far away I'm at 77503. It's like 1000miles one way. Feel like making a road trip? haha You can drive it here then flyback right?

Well maybe later in the summer I might consider driving to Houston. At the moment my job wont give me any paid time off so, and business isnt good right now. just like everyone I guess.
    I am joking about the parting it out comment. I wouldnt do that, I put way too much time and emotion into saving this from the crusher! Well it isnt a completed restoration but just getting it on the road and mechanically sound. Plus the interior was horrible when i got it.

Tom

turbo addict

how much are you asking for it?

Car is Sold