Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Where Is 1986 GLHS #053?

Where Is 1986 GLHS #053?

does anyone know what ever happened to this car, who the current owner is? thanx.

http://www.ndperformance.com/project...053/index.html

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

Re: Where Is 1986 GLHS #053?

Wherever it is, it would be a sweet ride!!

Hybrid booster

Wow. That would be a nice find.

turbo addict

wow looks like one hell of a car, good luck finding it

Hybrid booster

Did anyone notice the decals that say Intercooler instead of Intercooled? That's one hell of a ride.

A guy had a steering wheel done up exactly like that for sale back in November or so. Hopefully that just happened to be another steering wheel done in the same manner rather than being the one out of this car which may mean it got parted?

One clean ride right thurr.

turbo addict

IIRC the car was returned to stock. I'll ask Niel the next time he shows up on IRC #Shelby.

Quote Originally Posted by glhturbo1985 View Post
    Did anyone notice the decals that say Intercooler instead of Intercooled? That's one hell of a ride.

i missed that, you are right, then on page one he writes:

"Research on it shows it to be Invoice #102, which makes it actually the second 86 GLHS built (invoice numbers started with #101)....."

and we know looking at the prototype car in the early '86 magazine articles that car had "Intercooler" decals as well....so we need a Shelby expert to tell us when they changed to these decals "Intercooled"........was it on the 3rd car? the 4th?

Hybrid booster

I def. learned something about something since reading that article. The work done for the T4, PCV drain and 568 sure looked to be nice from the pictures shown. Looked very stock T2ish.

Garrett booster

Quote Originally Posted by glhturbo1985 View Post
    I def. learned something about something since reading that article. The work done for the T4, PCV drain and 568 sure looked to be nice from the pictures shown. Looked very stock T2ish.
    That's true it does look clean under the hood, I am suprised however they did not post any pics of the rebuilt motor or other parts that went inside. I also don't understand how they could sell such a rare car even after all the money they invested into it.

thats why i was curious, its such a well thought out car w/ lots of money spent on it i figured the new owner would show up to this group at some point.

routing PCV discharge oil to the turbo return line is one idea i plan to steal.

Hybrid booster

Post something on sdml not everyone is on here.

Neil had a silver R/T once that I swear went to Europe...Finland if IIRC...maybe the GLHS went over the pond too?
    [FONT="Arial Black"]Paul[/FONT] [B][SIZE="1"]US ARMY INFANTRY VETERAN[/B] 1995 Dodge Stealth R/T White DOHC 5 speed 1994 Dodge Stealth R/T Red DOHC 5 speed 1992 Dodge Daytona IROC, Blue TI 5 speed (2) 1992 Dodge Daytona IROC, Red TI auto 1991 Dodge Spirit R/T, Red (project) 1989 Shelby CSX-VNT #382 1989 Dodge Shadow ES, White TI auto 1987 Daytona Shelby Z, White TII 1987 Chrysler T&C wagon, Tan TII auto 1985 Dodge Lancer ES, Bronze TI auto 1982 Wife, White[/SIZE] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor

Wow, that is a really clean GLHS

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by blk86trbo View Post
    Neil had a silver R/T once that I swear went to Europe...Finland if IIRC...maybe the GLHS went over the pond too?
    Yes, the silver car did go to Europe.
    “If the people of the nation understood our banking and monetary system, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning.” -Henry Ford

Garrett booster

Stumbled onto this very old thread while looking for info on my old GLHS. Yes, I did have a silver R/T, and it now lives in Finland. I actually regret selling that car more than the GLHS. GLHS was a nice car, and I owned it a very long time. I used to miss it, but now I am doing a much higher end restoration on GLHS #432, and to be honest, I have had my fill of four door L-bodies GLHS #053 would be worth owning again for its history. I have talked with folks from Shelby, and they are not sure if #010 or #053 (or both) were in the pics for the original dealer brochures. #053 was built quite a ways before regular production took place on GLHS's. It has several small differences from other cars I have seen, such as wires and other pieces not fitting right (wires too long, and then taped back), and a few other oddities. The Intercooler decals (vs. Intercooled) were 100% for that car. When I bought the car, it had no decals on it, but you could see where the decals had "burned" into the paint, and at the right angle could read all of the them plain as day. Look close at the brochure, and you will see the car says Intercooler. As for when that ended, I would imagine right at Invoice #103, but I do not have any documentation to support that. The car was sold years ago because I could no longer drive it and enjoy it. When it was my daily driver, it was great. When it was restored, it scared me to drive. I used to put 500 miles in a week on the car. After restoration I drove it almost precisely 500 miles in 1.5 years. It needed to go, so it did. IIRC, it was to go to Colorado Springs, CO, and be 'enshrined' in a private museum/house. The house was to be literally built around the GLHS and two other unusual cars as the centerpiece to the interior of the building. The new owner drove it a little bit, and had some problems with the car, and I am not sure what ever happened to it after that. He was a member on Turbododge.com for a while, but sort of dropped off the radar. I would not mind catching up with him again, but I have not heard about anything with the car in at least 6 years now. I'm sure it is out there somewhere.

turbo addict

it sux that you out so much time and effort not to be able to drive it anymore. Amzing car. Wish i had the money to get one and rstore it and enjoy it

turbo addict

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=22901 and your resto on 432 is being watched also. LOL. Did you own the birthday car and before Cindy

Garrett booster

It was just not fun to drive anymore, because I just worried. I worried about breaking it, rock chips, door dings, you name it. It's one thing to worry about those things. It's another to WORRY about them.

I did not own the Birthday car, although I seriously contemplated it. Cindy had a wreck in CO with it (relatively minor), and it sat parked at my house for about 8 months.

#432 is here entirely because of #053. Had I not done the work I did to #053, the owner of #432 would not have sought me out. #432 is on a whole other level. Easily the priciest GLHS out there, and there's a LOT of goodies that the public does not even know about yet. It will blow your mind when it rolls out

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by nemiro View Post
    It will blow your mind when it rolls out
    Any sort of target date? I want to see/hear about it now!!

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast