Thread: Knowledge Center How-To

Boost, it's what's for dinner... Turbo Mopar Staff Aries_Turbo's Avatar

Knowledge Center How-To

I wrote up a little How-to to help with posting links and pictures in the Knowledge-Center because the editor can be confusing at times.

First Method-the better method-

This method involves hosting the images on the Turbo-Mopar.com server and works for anyone.

Press the "Create Image" button in the editor window. Hover over the buttons to find out which ones they are. When the new window pops up, click on the "Photos" folder. Then click on the "Browse" button in the lower right hand corner of the window and find the image on your computer. Hit "Open" to close the popup and then hit "Upload" to upload the image to the server. Browse through the images in the list and select yours by clicking on it. Hit "OK" in the window and the image will now appear in your article.

Second Method-

If you have T-M Gallery access (if you are a Turbo-Mopar.com contributor) you can host the images here and we wont lose them as the site ages. Please dont use offsite hosting as we cannot guarantee that we will be able to keep the information forever and reliably.

In Firefox right click on it and hit "Copy Link Location". In Internet Explorer, right click on the picture and hit "Properties" and copy the text in the "Address (URL) location. Then press the "Create Image" button and paste the image web link that you selected into the "Source" line and hit "OK". The image should pop right into the editor window. If not, and all you see is a little grey box, right click on it, hit "Edit Image" and re-paste the image link into the source area and hit "OK" again. It should then work.

Links:

Type the title of the link that you want in the editor window then select the text, right click on it and hit "Create Link" and then post the actual web link in the "Link" location and hit "OK".

Brian
    Last edited by Aries_Turbo; 01-10-2009 at 07:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman
    This one is easy, I have myself to blame, I rush things, don't pay attention to gauges when I should, change to much stuff at once then expect miracles, the list is endless.