Hi, this one is quite interesting and it keeps me puzzeled:

Car is a N/A 2.5 Lebaron born in 1988

Ok, especially in cold the car started to become very difficult to start. Until it refused service entirely. So one of the many typical No Start issues.

The No Start was: No Sparc, No Fuelpump Engagement. Later I figured that the CE did not come on during cranking!

So I did some testing on the typical, Sparc, ASD, and finally bridged the ASD to see if I could engage.

Now comes the strange part:

The fact that the CE did not come on braught me to beleive that my SMEC must have been gone...

Having had a couple of power boards around I decided to chance my luck to see if with another Powerboard the thing would be sorted.

So, disconnected the battery and swapped Powerboards and voila, - put key in ignition on position, CE comes on, fuel pump engages and first try it fired up. But you may guess it, with this the story isn't over yet....

The moment I stopped the car, It would not start again. No Fuelpump, no Sparc etc.

First thought was, that I had fried my powerboard again. So I left the car like this and returned - let's say an hour later.

For the fun of it I put the key in position and once more, fuel pump came on, CE came on- as if nothing had happened.

This time I didn't start the car but had a closer look at the electronics.
So I left the key in the Start Position without cranking and disconected the HEP. The moment I connected it again, the fuel pump came on immediately.
So I repeated this various times with always the same result.

Now I started the car, and as before it fired up right away. BUT, the moment I stopped it, it would NOT start again with all the No Start Symptoms. So, left the Key in the Start Position and this time even disconecting the HEP did non result in anything.

Now, you can imagine that I kept myself busy checking ton's of things. Finally I ran the battery dry resulting that I had to reload it. Desperate to find out what is going on I used a Start Helper to crank the car. Now, this was not strong enough to crank the car, but it was sufficient to engage the fuel pump.

It was now that I realised that whenever I disconnected the Battery I could start the car without problems. However once I stopped the car I could NOT restart it UNTIL I disconnected the Battery.

Why would that be???????????????????'

I actually now don't blame my SMEC anymore. I feel rather that there is something in the circuit "staying on" after stopping the engine which does not permit that I can restart - and it does go "off" once I disconect the battery. As if it wouldn't give ground to the ASD if it was once started.

Anyone a clue?????