Thread: I need a hall effect pickup (HEP)

Hybrid booster

I need a hall effect pickup (HEP)

as stated. I need my can running again.

no voltage at coil
    fuel pump primes and have fuel (so its not ASD)

please PM me a price anyone for a known good working one.

thank you

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

Re: I need a hall effect pickup (HEP)

If you haven't already, it wouldn't hurt to post this in the "parts wanted" section too.

Other than that pearl of wisdom, here's a free bump!

boostaholic

Quote Originally Posted by LynX853 View Post
    as stated. I need my can running again.

no voltage at coil
    fuel pump primes and have fuel (so its not ASD)

please PM me a price anyone for a known good working one.

thank you
    buy a new one from mopar
    -Jim Too many cars, not enough time..

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

I put up a thread about HEPs recently. The general consensus was that you can order 3 of them from Rock Auto for the price of one mopar unit. The Rock Auto ones are supposedly decent.

If you do get a mopar one, just get a distributor since it comes with a HEP and only cost a couple extra bucks.

Super Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff 135sohc's Avatar

Where are you at in Washington DC ? I'm down south of DC

I've got one here. no idea if it works though

Free.

Also just checked advance auto's site. They've got a remaned distributor that includes a new HEP listed for $47.00 + $25.00 core charge

Hybrid booster

Go for the Advance Auto deal--can't beat what you get for the price.

Hybrid booster

haha funny story. this is how i got screwed.

i got the "advanced auto deal" distributor hep worked fine for about a month, then went out on me. metal shavings on it and all. well i went to advanced auto yesterday and got a new remaned distributor. (you can only get them remaned) and the second new one didn't come with the hep. I bitched and bitched at them that the last one came with one and this one didn't. let them know I kinda might know my stuff considering I am a ford senior master tech and might know something or 2 about cars. (they were treating me like I didn't know anything) the manager went on to show me that since they can only get remaned ones they don't always come with the hep. its hit or miss apparently. and he couldn't go on and order another one. because I just got this unit. still argued with him anyways, but I was getting nowhere and I could see that. so I just gave up. also, I'm guessing to cover their ---, we went on the advanced web site and it shows a pic of the distributor with the hep, but on the discription in small print at the bottom it says remaned units do NOT include module. (HEP)

this is now where I turned to. but to make things clear, can I get a HEP without the distributor from dodge? If i can I rather go OEM, and a really good friend works down the street from me at the dodge dealership. (and Ive gotten employee discounts from him before, because he drives a ford and needs parts from me all the time too hahaha)

thanks for everyone's input

135sohc - I reside in alexandria near landmark mall. if yours works you can see a holset powered baron haha

Quote Originally Posted by LynX853 View Post
    haha funny story. this is how i got screwed.

i got the "advanced auto deal" distributor hep worked fine for about a month, then went out on me. metal shavings on it and all. well i went to advanced auto yesterday and got a new remaned distributor. (you can only get them remaned) and the second new one didn't come with the hep. I bitched and bitched at them that the last one came with one and this one didn't. let them know I kinda might know my stuff considering I am a ford senior master tech and might know something or 2 about cars. (they were treating me like I didn't know anything) the manager went on to show me that since they can only get remaned ones they don't always come with the hep. its hit or miss apparently. and he couldn't go on and order another one. because I just got this unit. still argued with him anyways, but I was getting nowhere and I could see that. so I just gave up. also, I'm guessing to cover their ---, we went on the advanced web site and it shows a pic of the distributor with the hep, but on the discription in small print at the bottom it says remaned units do NOT include module. (HEP)

this is now where I turned to. but to make things clear, can I get a HEP without the distributor from dodge? If i can I rather go OEM, and a really good friend works down the street from me at the dodge dealership. (and Ive gotten employee discounts from him before, because he drives a ford and needs parts from me all the time too hahaha)

thanks for everyone's input

135sohc - I reside in alexandria near landmark mall. if yours works you can see a holset powered baron haha
    You can get a HEP without the dist, but it was less than a $10 dollar difference the last time I priced one out.

I'd go with the MOPAR unit. I've been the parts store route more than once and it will last 3 months, 1 year, 2 days, it's a crap shoot. However you look at it your going to be stranded on the side of the road. The dealership isn't cheap though. Around 90 bucks from what I can remember. Either way it's a good spare part to keep in the glove box.

Hybrid booster

yeah i much rather do it right and not have to worry as opposed to getting stuck somewhere needing a tow.

Hybrid booster

So did you install both the distributor and the HEP, or just the HEP? I've had no problem with mine.

I actually ordered the re-man distributor as the encoder disc on our OEM had loosened up due to age and was causing a fairly severe missing problem. I can imagine it would probably have started to chew into the HEP had I not replaced it.

Hybrid booster

i installed both, and then it went out, went back and got a new distributor without hep. o well, waiting on my paycheck right now.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor j4278h's Avatar

The hep and distributor combo from Mopar is NS1 but there are many hep's out there.

Quote Originally Posted by j4278h View Post
    The hep and distributor combo from Mopar is NS1 but there are many hep's out there.
    Has it been that way for long?

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor j4278h's Avatar

Since beginning of this year (I tried getting 1-2 spares sometime around march and was given the news)

Hybrid booster

i got it today! still available from mopar... maybe just the combo is ns1?