Thread: Parting '86 GLH turbo

Hybrid booster

Parting '86 GLH turbo

Sante Fe blue, mostly complete minus the drivetrain but I've got the turbo and the rest of the bolt-on stuff. Body, interior, electrical, brakes are all complete. If someone wanted the entire car to make a racecar I might consider making a deal. It was a driver but I needed the motor/trans for another project. Located in CA. E-mail me with needs. G050shelby@aim.com. --Shaun

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor

Re: Parting '86 GLH turbo

I would love to get the whole thing, but I think shipping may be a little too much. Anyways how much for the whole thing?

Thanks

Garrett booster

Any pictures? I'd be interested in the whole car. What are you asking for the whole car? I'd like to save it if at all possible. I expect shipping to run $1000-1300. Pictures can be sent to rob.boyle@gmail.com Thanks

Also, whats special about this motor that you can't find a a 2.2 or 2.5 to build and drop in? Or were you looking for a drop in turbo motor, no build? Just wondering.

turbo addict

yeah im always sad to see a turbo omni torn down to rebuild another car, but i know you dont always have a choice. in california are motors go before the car rusts out, as a matter of fact i have never seen an omni out here with rust, other than the surface rust from paint fade.

id like to see some pics, paint condition? and how far away are you from san diego? ive been getting my friends interested in these turbo dodges after mine took out my friends mustang after he dropped 10k on a 307 motor swap. it still needed to be tuned, but the damage to his ego was already done.

interior colour?

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor

Where you at in central coast? I've got biz in SLO.
    John Laing

"The sole condition which is required in order to succeed in centralizing the supreme power in a democratic community, is to love equality, or to get men to believe you love it. Thus the science of despotism, which was once so complex is simplified, and reduced . . . . to a single principle."
    -- Alexis de Tocqueville

"One of the methods used by statists to destroy capitalism consists in establishing controls that tie a given industry hand and foot, making it unable to solve its problems, then declaring that freedom has failed and stronger controls are necessary."
    --Ayn Rand

"To evolve, you don't need a Constitution. All you need is a legislature and a ballot box . . . . things will evolve as much as you want. All of these changes can come about democratically; you don't need a Constitution to do that and it's not the function of a Constitution to do that."
    -- Justice Antonin Scalia

Hybrid booster

If it has the grey interior and the center console is in good shape I may be interested in that.
    No fun cars any more :(

glovebox door, if it's blue... how much shipped to 54481
    thanks

Hybrid booster

wow there's a helluva lot of interest. PM me with e-mail addy's and I'll send pics. Shipping would be murder and I really don't think the car is worth all that. It would be a major project car but it does have redeemable attributes as the ground effects are pretty nice. It needs body/paint resto, interior, drivetrain. That's pretty considerable in my view for not being a numbered car but from what I've read the '86 santa fe blue paint/interior cars are pretty rare. Someone asked why the motor, I needed a good running T-1/A-525 and I am not really into L-bodies anymore.

Garrett booster

Pm sent.

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

PM sent too

Hybrid booster

I'm working on pm's. Been busy this weekend and usually during the week as well but I"ll reply. To those who asked for specific parts I'm going to hold out on the parting thing. If I can make a deal with someone who wants the whole thing that would save me time.