Thread: Induction

Induction

I have a 3.0 '93 Daytona and am looking for more than the N/A engine will do with the mods I've put on. It seems Frank doesn't think these SOHC heads are worth messing with., Does any one know if the late model Mitsu heads for the 24V SOHC will interchange? Are they any better than the stockers?

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Force Fed Mopar's Avatar

Re: Induction

They will bolt on, and probably the intake too. The problem is in making them work with the Chrysler electronics. Although that probably isn't too hard, just some wiring work and maybe adapting some sensors. Also I don't know if the stock 24V Mitsu intake will fit under the Chrysler hoods.

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor Dave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Force Fed Mopar
    Also I don't know if the stock 24V Mitsu intake will fit under the Chrysler hoods.
    Sawzall.

turbo addict

Hammer?

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

If I remember, they won't work, the block is slightly different and the most important part-they are installed the OTHER way on the Mitsu car.
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor

You cant run the timing belt tensioner for the 24v on the 12v block so the motor will never run...........

BTW, the 12v heads will probably put up more power then the sohc 24v heads which have a problem with one cam being bigger then the other and running 3 cylinders very hot.

Heroes never die, they just reload! Turbo Mopar Staff Frank's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jberg
    I have a 3.0 '93 Daytona and am looking for more than the N/A engine will do with the mods I've put on. It seems Frank doesn't think these SOHC heads are worth messing with., Does any one know if the late model Mitsu heads for the 24V SOHC will interchange? Are they any better than the stockers?
    I dont think they are messing with for high hp applications which is what I am looking for in my chassis. If you are just doing basic turbo applications, then fine. For porting, they are difficult, time consuming, and expensive. You can get some good flows, but you will be lucky to achieve 200cfm properly on the intake.

Frank
    Frank Katzenberger
    Squirrel Performance - Home of the best turbo calc!!!
    http://www.squirrelpf.com

91 Daytona Shelby - It is getting there

87 Shelby CSX #418 - Near stock is a good thing!

94 Bronco 302 XLT - Shorty Headers, 3" exhaust, cold air intake, & Soft top

"... to get the best out of it, you have to go beyond the line. Where bravery becomes insanity. Shall I turn into this hairpin bend at a 100mph? Why not!"

Visit the new Knowledge Center today!

Check out the one and only Shelby Dodge Registry!

I realize Mitsu mounts their drivetrains opposite Ma' Mopar. How about taking the whole engine from a new 3.8. Anybody know if the bolt pattern on the transaxle is still the same...turn 'er round, stick it in? I also get there would be the electronics to sort out. Does anyone make a free-standing ECM that could be simply wired into our cars eliminating the one inside the left front fender?

Quote Originally Posted by Frank
    I dont think they are messing with for high hp applications which is what I am looking for in my chassis. If you are just doing basic turbo applications, then fine. For porting, they are difficult, time consuming, and expensive. You can get some good flows, but you will be lucky to achieve 200cfm properly on the intake.

Frank
    I just found out the son of the owner of my machine shop was the only one who could run the flowbench, he works someplace else now, so now I need to look elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank

Frank
    I think you can get 200+CFM on the intake ports with stock valves...

Hopefully my valves will get here in the next week or so. I want to have a fun car to drive, even if I dont have the turbo on.