Thread: Professional carpet replacement price?

turbo addict

Professional carpet replacement price?

I was just wondering what a normal price to have the carpet replaced in one of our cars is? I was quoted $425 to have the carpet replaced. This place is the best in town though... Do yo guys think this is fair?

Im gettin the headliner and carpet redone in my car for christmas!

turbo addict

Re: Professional carpet replacement price?

Quote Originally Posted by 1984rampage View Post
    I was just wondering what a normal price to have the carpet replaced in one of our cars is? I was quoted $425 to have the carpet replaced. This place is the best in town though... Do yo guys think this is fair?

Im gettin the headliner and carpet redone in my car for christmas!
    That's cool, but those are things you can easily re-do yourself at a much lower cost...

Are you not comfortable with or not having the time to do these things yourself?
    -Nate- ''Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it.'' —Mark Twain

turbo addict

Thats about the right price for an upholstery shop. Thats 4 hours labor, and the average rate for upholstery work is $60 an hour.

Super Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff contraption22's Avatar

Auto Custom Carpet replacements for Lbody is around $200 last I checked. Probably less if you order just the front half.
    Mike Marra
    1986 Plymouth Horizon GLMF "The Contraption" < entertaining sponsorship offers
    Project Log:
    http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?69708-The-Contraption-2013-14&highlight=

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by 88_pacifica View Post
    That's cool, but those are things you can easily re-do yourself at a much lower cost...

Are you not comfortable with or not having the time to do these things yourself?
    Im sure me and my dad could do it, but we have very little time to do them and I would rather have it done right then to risk having them need replacing down the road... Plus the headliner is guarenteed for the life of the car... We also thought about doing the carpet seperately but the carpet alone would be $200 or so and finding and spending the time to install it and the hassle probably isnt worth saving an extra $200...

Hybrid booster

I have done this now on two cars, my 88 Shelby Z, and my 89 SHO Taurus. The headliner and carpet together took me a good day on the SHO, but I had a nasty cold at the time. To do the carpet on the Daytona took an afternoon, the longest part being glueing the new carpet on to the cardboard for the console.

I think the carpet and headliner stuff for the SHO ran a bit over $300, but I had order the extra plush carpet, and under $200 for the Daytona.

Honestly I enjoyed doing it myself, and it turned out great. Try Stock Interiors also. I even found my Shelby Z's build sheet under the carpet, that was cool.

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by 1984rampage View Post
    Im sure me and my dad could do it...
    I would do it just because of that right there, quality time together. You will miss that someday...
    -Nate- ''Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it.'' —Mark Twain

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by 88_pacifica View Post
    I would do it just because of that right there, quality time together. You will miss that someday...
    +1 to that, and its not that hard to do yourself...though i've never "replaced" my carpet in my lancer i've had it all out before and putting it back wasn't too bad...I'd think you could take all the carpet you have lay it on the ground or some big flat surface and use it as a template....

just my .02 hope you have fun with it

boostaholic

replacing your carpet with the acc kit isn't that hard, and you save a lot of $$$
    -Jim Too many cars, not enough time..

boostaholic

and when doing the headliner make sure you get the 3m super adhesive stuff so it sticks.
    -Jim Too many cars, not enough time..

turbo addict

Does anyone know if the acc kit for the charger comes with all the carpeting including the trunk/hatch area? If not where can I get that?

turbo addict

Anything in a aerosol can sucks. I like to call it temp hold. Just use it to hold things in place which will be taken apart again.

Do it the right way, and buy yourself a cheepo glue spray gun, then purchase a gallon or so of 3m trim and top adhesive, or weldwood landau top adhesive.

With that stuff, the foam, cloth, leather or whatever is being used will rip before the glue will release. You can use colemans camp fuel to release the glue, and clean it off unwanted spots.

boostaholic

Nah... I used 3m headliner adhesive in an aerosol can and it worked fine for me. On 3 different vehicles.

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by tommyturbo View Post
    I have done this now on two cars, my 88 Shelby Z, and my 89 SHO Taurus. The headliner and carpet together took me a good day on the SHO, but I had a nasty cold at the time. To do the carpet on the Daytona took an afternoon, the longest part being glueing the new carpet on to the cardboard for the console.

I think the carpet and headliner stuff for the SHO ran a bit over $300, but I had order the extra plush carpet, and under $200 for the Daytona.

Honestly I enjoyed doing it myself, and it turned out great. Try Stock Interiors also. I even found my Shelby Z's build sheet under the carpet, that was cool.
    i found the build sheet in my daytona the 2nd day i had it
    the old lady who had it used the spare before and dident kno how to put it back in so it was like a huge bulge so i took it apart and it was really funny what she did
    and i found it in between the carpet and the pad back there!